IGNORED

Pre-match Entertainment/City legends

redordead1

7 hours ago, redordead1 said:

Wtf.. was that City?

No mention by name, no welcome on to the pitch to allow the fans to show their appreciation?

Absolute shambles and embarrassing. 

You have every right to be annoyed and frustrated. It was very embarrassing but not at all surprising.  Without spelling it out,, ask anyone who has been involved in arranging testimonials, or former player events whether the club are really interested.

I  sit in Lower Lansdown but apart from Tinnion and Carey being interviewed ,couldn't make out any of the players and managers.

Who exactly was there ? Haven't got a clue!

Amateurish and very disrespectful  by the Club as many, like me, had arrived early ,to catch the celebrations and show appreciation for those who served the club well. The Guests should, as many have said, been introduced from the tunnel individually , perhaps with film on screen of players in the day, perhaps even showing some highlights of their career. Imagine the cheer for Tinnion's and Cheesley's winner v Liverpool and  Arsenal respectively with the volume turned up really loud. Not too difficult surely.

Liverpool did this magnificently celebrating the last match at Anfield before the Kop became all seater. Take a look on You Tube.

I thought the presentation on the pitch was shambles, didn’t have a clue what was going on 

However, I was so lucky to be in the Heineken lounge today and saw all the legends who were at the game. 

To top it off spoke to Rob Newman, Keith Welch and had a nice chat with Bob Taylor who had his shirt from the promotion season 89/90

Totally welled up from that and absolutely buzzing 

8 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

They may have introduced them, but with the Dolman PA system, you'd never know.

Mentioned that on twitter don't you worrie,The pa in the dolman is nothing but shocking!! What happens in a emergency when you can't hear sod all!! 

The clarity is nothing but a shambles.

Did we celebrate 125 years today ?? Felt like a normal game.

Those past players should of been on the pitch so we could of showed our appreciation to them.

It was a shambles of an effort who cares about all the corporate stuff in the bars not every fan sees this.

Nice for them to pretty much miss out the double winning team in the 125 year's program!! Apart from a couple of small pictures...

Shambles of a effort today!!

Was rubbish wasn’t it. I had no idea what was going on really, ridiculous not to announce the names and maybe their main achievements at the club. Waste of time doing a 5 min interview with Carey and Tinnion if no one can hear a word they say. 

Also, was Cotterill there? Should’ve been. I’d also ask about Gary J but Lee was there as his representative I suppose!

• Admin
5 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I don't know.............but, wondered if it had something to do with the almighty Sky being there ?

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

It was a disgrace. The players were just bunched together in the corner of the South Stand / Lansdown. It wouldn’t have taken much effort to switch off the sprinklers and let them walk to the centre circle. 

I was out of the country so only saw the game on sky

When sky came back from an ad break they showed a group of people huddled in a corner of the pitch which I assumed was in front of S82 the camera initially focused on Carey (I assumed he was one of the only faces recognised due to him being a studio guest some times)

The camera then moved around the faces and I've never seen such an awkward group of people stood together 

I have to say I expected "Legends from City" or surviving relatives of those no longer with us but seeing some of the players who were there I certainly wouldn't have called many of them legends and what the heck were what I can assume were WAGS and children doing there too.

It's not rocket science, gather the players pitch side announce their name, they walk onto the pitch wave and crowd applaud

I was amused that at the start of the TV coverage in an interview with JL he mentioned the Fulham game was chosen so to give enough time to arrange everything for today. I guess with the mysterious date change on our badge last summer that was only a few months ago 

• Admin
11 minutes ago, Street red said:

Did we celebrate 125 years today ?? Felt like a normal game.

Those past players should of been on the pitch so we could of show our appreciation to them.

It was a shambles of an effort who cares about all the corporate stuff in the bars not every fan sees this.

Nice for them to pretty much miss out the double winning team in the 125 year's program!! Apart from a couple of small pictures...

Shambles of a effort today!!

The alarm bells were ringing when I saw this on Friday how these key timings were basically the same as every other game 

Screenshot_20200307-214800_Samsung Internet.jpg

It’s not hard at all, announce player/manager individually, have them walk to centre circle to applause with their main achievements being read out, if possible video montage of their personal highlights on the big screen.

It’s pretty ridiculous we managed to make something as straightforward yet important as this such a farce.

I thought when they came out, they'd walk around the pitch or something so when they were taken back inside I thought maybe something at half time. 

That was a huge anti climax and could've been done so easily, so much better. 

The club missed a huge trick today to make it a real special event at a time when the club needs a lift.

I just didn’t know what on earth they were doing today. All they had to do was a roll call of names and let the players walk one by one to the centre circle to clap the fans. Not hard to organise.

Herding them into a corner like that was so disrespectful. 

10 minutes ago, Jacki said:

I just didn’t know what on earth they were doing today. All they had to do was a roll call of names and let the players walk one by one to the centre circle to clap the fans. Not hard to organise.

Herding them into a corner like that was so disrespectful. 

I still reckon it was something to do with sky..........not wanting the pitch cluttered up with all these "hobbledehoys" that not many outside of Bristol would know .

1 hour ago, RedM said:

Once again I am ashamed that we can get something so simple so very wrong.

Like the anniversary - it’s 126 years - that aside, we could have had Cotts walking on carrying the two trophies from that momentous season, we could have had Terry Cooper announced as the guy who turned our club around and played the 1983 Eastville footage and the 1986 Wembley footage - we could have talked at length about the Ashton Gate 8 and all that happened around that time, we could have lauded the squad that won 14 league games in a row in 1905 - we could have waxed lyrical about the team that got to the FA Cup Final etc etc etc etc - but no ...

Archived