IGNORED

Pre-match Entertainment/City legends

redordead1

6 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

I still reckon it was something to do with sky..........not wanting the pitch cluttered up with all these "hobbledehoys" that not many outside of Bristol would know .

Yeah, I reckon you’re right there Slart. 

As others have said it’s not rocket science to gather the legends into the centre circle so they could view the new stadium from the pitch they used to play on and an opportunity for them to acknowledge the fans and vice versa.

I didn’t see any of them, nor could we hear Tinnion interviewed in the Dolman because of the crap sound system.

1 hour ago, exAtyeoMax said:

I was expecting them to walk around the edge of the pitch but the practice nets were in the way and were being dismantled at exactly the same time. 

Which again, if that’s correct JL said they chose this game so they could plan this, what on earth did they actually plan?

even a few weeks ago, the SLO (not blaming him) was on here asking about ex players, even at that point I thought hmm, that seems odd and also abit late (goater, jacki etc, don’t know where based but some may have needed to organise travel?)

I notice they binned off 7 nation army which is good. I hope it wasn’t just for yesterday. Also, the social media has improved and become a lot less silly after complaints on here. That shows that do take fan feedback on board so no doubt they’re aware fans aren’t happy with yesterday.

I think they need to address it really. Just hold their hands up and admit they got it wrong. Maybe try it again, but do it right, at another home game.

11 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I thought the presentation on the pitch was shambles, didn’t have a clue what was going on 

However, I was so lucky to be in the Heineken lounge today and saw all the legends who were at the game. 

To top it off spoke to Rob Newman, Keith Welch and had a nice chat with Bob Taylor who had his shirt from the promotion season 89/90

Totally welled up from that and absolutely buzzing 

Three great players from the past. I have great memories of them all. In fact I can remember more about them 30 years ago than I can what we did 3 months ago.

If you are in the Dolman like me and got to your seat early but couldn't actually see any of the Bristol City legends milling around in the other corner of the ground unannounced, thankfully City's Twitter feed had you covered, providing an interview with Bristol City LEGEND Clayton Fortune. I honestly think someone at the club is taking the piss out of us, they can't all be this stupid.

I was hoping the former players were going to walk around the pitch pre game.

All the former players were introduced via the large screens...their names all coming up.

As for the interview...you can't hear a thing in the Dolman.

Would also like to have opposition Subs announced via the screens as well.

30 minutes ago, Olé said:

If you are in the Dolman like me and got to your seat early but couldn't actually see any of the Bristol City legends milling around in the other corner of the ground unannounced, thankfully City's Twitter feed had you covered, providing an interview with Bristol City LEGEND Clayton Fortune. I honestly think someone at the club is taking the piss out of us, they can't all be this stupid.

Ridiculous, even Clayton Fortune disputes being referred to as a ‘legend’. That was genuinely like something from a spoof. 

At least it wasn’t Mikey Cobban doing the interview. I’m totally baffled why they keep using him.

17 hours ago, oldstandrobin said:

One of the worst presentations I have ever seen. Luckily I had Ray Cashley sat in front of me and talked about that famous goal v Hull.  If this is how we celebrate our 125 years, glad I wont be here for the 200 !!! Bloody amatuerish  and players, managers should have been introduced to the supporters so we could have given them the appreciation they deserved

You won't be there for the 200?? So you reckon you'll be going down with corona virus then?

3 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I notice they binned off 7 nation army which is good. I hope it wasn’t just for yesterday. Also, the social media has improved and become a lot less silly after complaints on here. That shows that do take fan feedback on board so no doubt they’re aware fans aren’t happy with yesterday.

I think they need to address it really. Just hold their hands up and admit they got it wrong. Maybe try it again, but do it right, at another home game.

This.

I would suggest a prompt apology from the club,  and a promise to do it correctly at the last home game against Preston, which will be the last regular game of the 125th Anniversary season.

Could be a lot riding on that game and a possible full house, just the time for the powers that be to show they can actually do something right, I won’t however be holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

14 hours ago, Eastendboy1965 said:

You have every right to be annoyed and frustrated. It was very embarrassing but not at all surprising.  Without spelling it out,, ask anyone who has been involved in arranging testimonials, or former player events whether the club are really interested.

Always had the impression that anything pre Lansdown era is held in poor regard.

There’s been a total lack of respect shown to past servants of this club,, most notably with the Ashton Gate 8.

Tells you everything you need to know when they renamed the Williams Stand to that of his own name. There’s a huge ego there and the poor appreciation of our history reflects that. 

In the expectation that they’d do the bare minimum that’s normally involved in these anniversaries of welcoming the old players on to the pitch, I told my 8yr old on the way to our seats that I’d explain who each and every player was and that there’d be players there who I grew up watching when I was his age. I hoped to give him a sense of the history of our club and how each generation has their own heroes etc..

Instead we were treated to a vague bunch of unidentifiable people huddled together in the corner of the ground with no welcome, no introduction, no story of what they had all achieved, nothing...

it was a total embarrassment and the club should be ashamed of how they treated the former players and the fans yesterday. 

14 hours ago, petehinton said:

This comes from the same weapon who was pretty vocal calling city to ‘get the ******* midget out’ a few years back, so no surprise flapper wasn’t on the list of invitees. 

Soon as I saw that post I though it was him, it certainly seems the sort of thing he'd come out with.

Sat in the Dolman I'll be honest I didn't even realise that any old players were present in the stadium. To be honest there seemed to be very little different to a normal home game. Yes there was a special programme and a shirt but other than that how was it different?

These are the photos on the club's Instagram. Match shots and flogging the shirt but not a single shot of any older player.

Screenshot_20200308-110430.png

And whilst we are calling out the shocking 125 year celebrations yesterday, who decided to give Ray Von a slot on 'The Stage' in the fan zone?

Leaving the stadium to a ridiculously loud stereo blaring out Tony Christie from a shipping container didn't scream '125 anniversary'.

And neither, sadly, did it scream 'Shabba!'.

If you didn't hear the interviews in the Dolman you were lucky! Downsy has to be one of the most cringeworthy interviewers ever. Asking Tinnion to agree with him that City have the greatest fans in the country and grinning like a loon when asking for his City career highlight obviously expecting the Liverpool game but moving on swiftly when the answer was the debut penalty against the gas. 

1 hour ago, Countryfile said:

This.

I would suggest a prompt apology from the club,  and a promise to do it correctly at the last home game against Preston, which will be the last regular game of the 125th Anniversary season.

Could be a lot riding on that game and a possible full house, just the time for the powers that be to show they can actually do something right, I won’t however be holding my breath waiting for that to happen.

And probably on Sky, so expect the same gain ! :dunno:

19 minutes ago, richwwtk said:

If you didn't hear the interviews in the Dolman you were lucky! Downsy has to be one of the most cringeworthy interviewers ever. Asking Tinnion to agree with him that City have the greatest fans in the country and grinning like a loon when asking for his City career highlight obviously expecting the Liverpool game but moving on swiftly when the answer was the debut penalty against the gas. 

I feel bad for criticising a man for doing his job and trying his best, but it’s obvious he’s not right for the role. He’s improved slightly in the 4 years he’s been doing it but it’s still not right.

The tone, style and delivery just doesn’t work. Dave L was endlessly superior.

I just don’t understand why we have these people representing the club and asking the former players questions when they don’t have a clue about our history or football in general. 

Why don’t we have a fan as an announcer, why don’t we have a real fan representing us on social media? We have many fans who create great content that’s city related and the club decide to do their own stuff. 

I personally feel that the connection between the club and fans has never been so far apart.

2 hours ago, Countryfile said:

This.

Won't happen. Coordinating that many people to be free on the same date must be a nightmare. (Which makes it all the more worse that City messed that up given they did get so many in one place at the same time).

5 minutes ago, Loco Rojo said:

Won't happen. Coordinating that many people to be free on the same date must be a nightmare. (Which makes it all the more worse that City messed that up given they did get so many in one place at the same time).

Indeed. Some of whom may not be with us for much longer.

Dicksy is 85 now, and Chris Garland's health issues are well-known here. 

What an utter balls-up.

Archived