IGNORED

We are blessed with a fantastic ..

WhistleHappy

18 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

If Maenpaa could stay fit then we wouldn't have needed to.

Gotta say Maenpaa's attitude to being sidelined has been first class and admirably professional, he's come back in and it's like he's never been away.... Many others (lesser men) would have thrown their toys out of the pram and become proper sulks in his situation...  We've got a good 'un there!

2 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

Gotta say Maenpaa's attitude to being sidelined has been first class and admirably professional, he's come back in and it's like he's never been away.... Many others (lesser men) would have thrown their toys out of the pram and become proper sulks in his situation...  We've got a good 'un there!

You are right there, I even think the defence seems more confident with Maenpaa behind them.

Great keeper.In fact we have 3 . We may 4 but haven’t seen Jojo W play.

Basso was the best imho though. 

Ian Leigh was the worst and I got his autograph on my programme before his debut as I stood in the East End when I was a young teenager.

ps that season I got Walshy’s autograph about 23 times ,an absolute gent that man and what a left foot,shuffle and shoot!  apologies for going off topic.

1 hour ago, WhistleHappy said:

To be fair, goalkeepers are generally better at taking not being in the team than outfield players, as it is somewhat the nature of the beast with keeping.

That said, the guy is a top bloke clearly, and he has certainly taken his chance well. Well played NP, and good luck to you mate.

You deserve it.

1 hour ago, JonDolman said:

Maenpaa improvement on Bentley for me.

Never really understood why he lost his place.

Had a slight niggle at the end of pre-season (Wollacott and Gilmartin were on bench for early games), and Bentley took his chance.

Archived