IGNORED

Nathan ‘sick note’ Baker

fishy

2 minutes ago, fishy said:

Any news on the baker injury? LJ looks utterly deflated in the post match interview. Surely nothing too serious? 

I thought he was subbed in order to bring on Famara.  He didn’t look injured to me.

LJ probably looked deflated because we didn’t win the game.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I thought he was subbed in order to bring on Famara.  He didn’t look injured to me.

LJ probably looked deflated because we didn’t win the game.

Johnson said he asked to come off , calf injury but hopefully precautionary, don’t need more injuries for God’s sake 

1 minute ago, Silvio Dante said:

In his RB interview LJ said when asked about what Bakers injury was “ I don’t know and I haven’t even asked”. Struck me as being 50% annoyed at the restructure needed and 50% at the individual...

I’m sure he (or someone) has suggested before that Baker is a bit soft in this regard? As in he either has a low pain threshold or tends to come off when others might carry on

It’s approx 16 times that Baker has come off in the first half since he signed for City. He’s a good player if he can last 90 minutes but, in reality, he’s a sick note waiting to happen. It’s more just Webster that City failed to replace, it’s a Baker replacement as well. 

1 minute ago, pongo88 said:

It’s approx 16 times that Baker has come off in the first half since he signed for City. He’s a good player if he can last 90 minutes but, in reality, he’s a sick note waiting to happen. It’s more just Webster that City failed to replace, it’s a Baker replacement as well. 

16 ?

Is that an estimate Pongo or something you’ve looked up ?

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

16 ?

Is that an estimate Pongo or something you’ve looked up ?

I’m sure that about a year ago it was stated that he’d gone off 14 times, so I added a couple. There must be something about this on the forum if anyone wants to find it 

8 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Baker, Kalas, Moore, Williams, how many do you want at the club?

11 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

Baker, Kalas, Moore, Williams, how many do you want at the club?

Williams was only signed as a last minute replacement for Kalas and Baker has what must be one of the worst injury record of any City central defender. We’re now down to only two fit central defenders 

4 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Williams was only signed as a last minute replacement for Kalas and Baker has what must be one of the worst injury record of any City central defender. We’re now down to only two fit central defenders 

Still, there is a limit to how many you can have that would expect to play (ie quality ones)

I hear what you're saying though, but football is very much a juggling act and some risks have to be taken

The squad isn't too small either

btw, Good Lord, Andy Carroll has just entered a football pitch!

3 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Perhaps we could find an Australian one - a real warrior??

Shit, I forgot him 

Thanks, we have enough centre-halves for sure whatever people say about Bailey Wright. They can't all play as it is.

Centre forward... now that's a different story and a different thread

37 minutes ago, just like watching brazil said:

Could it be something to do with the artificial grass we now use? I guess we have the same turf in the training pitch.

37 minutes ago, James54De said:

We don’t use artificial grass. 

We used a Deso pitch for quite a few years. My understanding is it’s a mix of grass n fibre. But that’s been the case since before the Lansdown was built we changed our turf?

17 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

not in my eyes but each to there own.

Archived