IGNORED

Nathan ‘sick note’ Baker

fishy

37 minutes ago, Port Said Red said:

Better than Fams goal line header in the same game?

He was having to run at speed directly into the goal and with the cross at pace and slightly in front of him he had the skill and presence to overstep the ball and flick it backwards all without breaking stride. Superb defending as odds on could have been an OG.

What’s the matter with the guy? Is he made of glass ffs.........:disapointed2se:

Im struggling to remember when he last played a full 90 mins

I did hear from a reliable source that Baker had the same injury issues at Villa and they felt that his injuries were in his head and they wanted him to see a psychologist but he refused...................:cool2:.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

What’s the matter with the guy? Is he made of glass ffs.........:disapointed2se:

I did hear from a reliable source that Baker had the same injury issues at Villa and they felt that his injuries were in his head and they wanted him to see a psychologist but he refused...................:cool2:.

I have the misfortune to work with a Villa supporter - who said exactly that when they sold him to us. He does get injured more than most but he also seems more than willing to put a shift in, maybe some of it is just in his head?

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Don't understand why you got an Aubergine from a well known poster, spot on he IS a liability as far as reliability goes just can't trust him to finish a game these days.

3 minutes ago, hodge said:

Concussion precaution so hardly 'sick note' as it will have been taken out of his hands

It happens too frequently to count on him being available for ninety minutes or any run of games.

He is either fragile or he needs to adapt his game. 

It’s no use being good if you aren’t available. Once again he reduced LJ’s capacity to change the game with desired substitutions instead of forced ones . 

10 minutes ago, hodge said:

Concussion precaution so hardly 'sick note' as it will have been taken out of his hands

But you were quick to jump on the ‘have a go at sicknote Baker’ bandwagon on the match day thread - perhaps you and the others should have waited to find out the reason why he went off before having at a go at the bloke yet again. Then your first post might have been the rational, sensible one like the one you’ve now posted above - rather than suggesting he’d been ‘shot by a sniper’ again ...

2 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

It happens too frequently to count on him being available for ninety minutes or any run of games.

He is either fragile or he needs to adapt his game. 

It’s no use being good if you aren’t available. Once again he reduced LJ’s capacity to change the game with desired substitutions instead of forced ones . 

Would there be the same criticism if it were any other player? You can't put any blame on Baker for head injuries as said it would have been medical team making the decision to bring him off rather than him

6 minutes ago, pillred said:

Don't understand why you got an Aubergine from a well known poster, spot on he IS a liability as far as reliability goes just can't trust him to finish a game these days.

No big deal pillred - I don’t take the slightest notice.

Would there be the same criticism if it were any other player? You can't put any blame on Baker for head injuries as said it would have been medical team making the decision to bring him off rather than him

It’s not ‘any other ‘ player though is it ? 
Once again, Nathan has to come off .

I can’t blame him for head injuries but perhaps he needs to change his game a bit to avoid them .

1 minute ago, Major Isewater said:

It’s not ‘any other ‘ player though is it ? 
Once again, Nathan has to come off .

I can’t blame him for head injuries but perhaps he needs to change his game a bit to avoid them .

Given we didn't seem to see when it occurred then its hard to say he needs to change his game. The only instance I saw where it looked likely was sliding in for a 5050, winning it and the Fulham player going over him

Puts himself about and commits to big challenges and 50/50's more than anyone in our squad.

Yes he gets injured a lot, but i'm sure many of those are because of him putting his body on the line.

I have said though, because of this, I think building a consistent back-line around him is, pretty impossible. 

Baker has played very well this season even the stats say we get more points when he plays...However he is prone to being subbed for injury no doubt!

Still gave Benko a chance to play and prove that he is at least as good as Taylor Moore. 

26 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Oh come on... concussion??

How compassionate for a healthcare professional...

Should do better Robbo.

30 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I presume this was the OS? 

35 minutes ago, Robbored said:

I've looked on the OS and can't see anything about him being made of glass. 

Sorry. 

Joking aside I'd agree with you. I think he's a bit of a hypochondriac. 

1 hour ago, hodge said:

This season its the 2nd time he's been subbed off mid game, one for a head injury precaution so hardly a horrific record this season

4th time this season.

Swansea - 30
Huddersfield - 60
Shrewsbury - 39
Fulham - 23

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

But you were quick to jump on the ‘have a go at sicknote Baker’ bandwagon on the match day thread - perhaps you and the others should have waited to find out the reason why he went off before having at a go at the bloke yet again. Then your first post might have been the rational, sensible one like the one you’ve now posted above - rather than suggesting he’d been ‘shot by a sniper’ again ...

He got absolutely clattered by Kamara a few minutes earlier in a challenge that most our players would’ve shirked.  He put his body on the line, and when he went down I said to the guy next to me he looked groggy.  He’d just missed a header (air shot), and perhaps he was suffering with his vision.

Yep, he’s come off too many times in the past, but today you could see why.

6 minutes ago, Roe said:

4th time this season.

Swansea - 30
Huddersfield - 60
Shrewsbury - 39
Fulham - 23

Weird, I was using wyscout and the Shrewsbury game wasn't listed but the other leg was there so missed that. Was Huddersfield injury? 60 mins sounds like an LJ sub time

Weird, I was using wyscout and the Shrewsbury game wasn't listed but the other leg was there so missed that. Was Huddersfield injury? 60 mins sounds like an LJ sub time

Yeah, may have been a tactical sub that one.  I can't quite recall

Archived