IGNORED

Nathan ‘sick note’ Baker

fishy

7 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

He got absolutely clattered by Kamara a few minutes earlier in a challenge that most our players would’ve shirked.  He put his body on the line, and when he went down I said to the guy next to me he looked groggy.  He’d just missed a header (air shot), and perhaps he was suffering with his vision.

Yep, he’s come off too many times in the past, but today you could see why.

yes, it was this challenge that did it. Kamara had bulldozed Dasilva and someone else and was getting his head of steam up and Baker just  stood up to the challenge (which tipped Kamara upside down) he didn't shirk it for sure, but straight away started feeling his neck and was on his haunches for a while before finally succumbing. (I also mentioned that he was done at the time!)  Basically his bravery caused the injury. but would we prefer he dodged the challenges?

But i can't remember having a CD who has had to be subbed so many times.

So Baker's been subbed off (and sent off once) in 16 games in the past 3 seasons.  

Swansea - 30
Huddersfield - 60
Shrewsbury - 39
Fulham - 23

Brentford - 21
Preston - 55
Derby - 45
Bolton - 77
Derby - 33

Sunderland - 36
Reading - 49
Derby - 45
QPR - 43 (Red Card)
Cardiff - 85
Burton - 45
Forest - 13

Now a couple of those may have been tactical but 11 were in the first half and a few more not too long after the half.

Maybe he's just really unlucky but it's definitely a problem, which is a shame because we know how good he is when he does play.

He only got injured because he's fearless and didn't bottle out of a challenge with Kamara today. Most people would have got out of the way of the Man Mountain running full pelt at them not Baks he stood his ground and unfortunately got injured for his trouble. I would far prefer a player to play wholeheartedly than bottle out of everything. Can't believe he gets criticised for being a full blooded competitor. 

23 minutes ago, Roe said:

So Baker's been subbed off (and sent off once) in 16 games in the past 3 seasons.  

Swansea - 30
Huddersfield - 60
Shrewsbury - 39
Fulham - 23

Brentford - 21
Preston - 55
Derby - 45
Bolton - 77
Derby - 33

Sunderland - 36
Reading - 49
Derby - 45
QPR - 43 (Red Card)
Cardiff - 85
Burton - 45
Forest - 13

Now a couple of those may have been tactical but 11 were in the first half and a few more not too long after the half.

Maybe he's just really unlucky but it's definitely a problem, which is a shame because we know how good he is when he does play.

For a defender that is clearly too many. But after thinking about it, and hearing it was due totally to concussion today, I still love Bakes and the madman that he is on the field.

Like @westonred  said, give my a bloke that sticks his neck on the line game after game than the cop out type, EVERY day of the week.

Get well soon, NB.

Shame theres not an " ignore thread title" option on the ignore user list but hey ho...

Dig a guy out for going into a challenge that most players would avoid which left him being taken off after a concussion test in light of concerns generally about player health? ******* priceless even by this trolls standards.

Maybe as an ex centre half who has had a couple of head knocks i've more sympathy.

1 hour ago, Davefevs said:

He got absolutely clattered by Kamara a few minutes earlier in a challenge that most our players would’ve shirked.  He put his body on the line, and when he went down I said to the guy next to me he looked groggy.  He’d just missed a header (air shot), and perhaps he was suffering with his vision.

Yep, he’s come off too many times in the past, but today you could see why.

As Lee said in his Interview. Nathan is very committed , seemed to joke that he should not go in for the tackles like he does. There were certainly one or two well timed ‘crunchers’ today, where others would have held back. Thought he showed he meant business today and was just a shame he had to go off.

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

I’m not sure how many times he goes off injured. Often in first half or half time. Has to be about1 in 6 games maybe?

He’s been subbed three times this season, twice in the first half, zero times at half time ... I don’t think he’s a sick note, I think he’s braver than most and more prepared to put his body on the line.

He was taken off after half an hour vs Swansea but LJ said that was a tactical switch, as he was replaced with Fammy. And today was a suspected head injury. People criticising him today when it was suspected concussion are clueless ..

4 hours ago, Robbored said:

What’s the matter with the guy? Is he made of glass ffs.........:disapointed2se:

Im struggling to remember when he last played a full 90 mins

I did hear from a reliable source that Baker had the same injury issues at Villa and they felt that his injuries were in his head and they wanted him to see a psychologist but he refused...................:cool2:.

You don’t half post some shit, he played the full 90 in our previous 2 games. In fact he’s played a full 90 in 7 of the last 9 games before today (the other 2 he was on the bench)

he doesnt often play 90 mins for more than 6 games but robbo should do better than posting such crap. Have you seen the past 10 games where Baker was our best defender ; yes, even better than WIlliams and Kalas?

Frustrated he did what looked like another 'Shrewsbury' but hes been good for us, however many mins he plays over the season

8 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

You don’t half post some shit, he played the full 90 in our previous 2 games. In fact he’s played a full 90 in 7 of the last 9 games before today (the other 2 he was on the bench)

I don’t remember him playing a full 90 mins but if you say so then it must be true.

What’s the matter with the guy? Is he made of glass ffs.........:disapointed2se:

Im struggling to remember when he last played a full 90 mins

I did hear from a reliable source that Baker had the same injury issues at Villa and they felt that his injuries were in his head and they wanted him to see a psychologist but he refused...................:cool2:.

From someone who doesn’t pay attention to gossip and reliable sources. 

Blah. Blah. Blah.

11 minutes ago, SuperDziek said:

From someone who doesn’t pay attention to gossip and reliable sources. 

Blah. Blah. Blah.

There certain people who know what they’re on about and the person who told me about Baker injury issues at Villa and how they couldn’t work out what the injuries were they began to suspect that his injury issues were often psychological is a very reliable person.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There certain people who know what they’re on about and the person who told me about Baker injury issues at Villa and how they couldn’t work out what the injuries were they began to suspect that his injury issues were often psychological.

But you poo poo the people who quote their reliable sources normally, don’t you?

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

There certain people who know what they’re on about and the person who told me about Baker injury issues at Villa and how they couldn’t work out what the injuries were they began to suspect that his injury issues were often psychological.

Notwithstanding todays injury, the bloke is a liability in the sense of you don't know if he's going to do 90 minutes.

Far too many instances of him coming off the pitch and turning up for the next game.

Can't be relied upon imo.

9 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m not necessarily talking about today but his injury issues per se. 

I think you called it incorrectly and are trying to backtrack and cover yourself.

You obviously were referring in part to today. The guy went off with concussion. He had to. He got that because, unlike others, he got stuck in.

I can't fault him for that.

If it's of any help, I too, at the time thought, oh off he goes again, but waited to hear why.

There certain people who know what they’re on about and the person who told me about Baker injury issues at Villa and how they couldn’t work out what the injuries were they began to suspect that his injury issues were often psychological is a very reliable person.

What a load of #$#@#$%^ he got stuck in and played well.

15 hours ago, westonred said:

He only got injured because he's fearless and didn't bottle out of a challenge with Kamara today. Most people would have got out of the way of the Man Mountain running full pelt at them not Baks he stood his ground and unfortunately got injured for his trouble. I would far prefer a player to play wholeheartedly than bottle out of everything. Can't believe he gets criticised for being a full blooded competitor. 

Absolutely spot on westonred, well said. Lots round me stood and applauded when he had to go off.

Archived