IGNORED

Nathan ‘sick note’ Baker

fishy

45 minutes ago, phantom said:

@Spud55 I'm not sure why you are ignoring the facts 

Follow the link i posted above and as mentioned look at post 122 it shows he STARTED the games as I numbered and went off in the first half 

It's VERY black and white there's a problem with his injuries 

What facts have I ignored? I pointed out he'd played less than 45 minutes 12 times and come of at half time a number of times, you have then countered pointing out that this is actually less, at 8 times before half time. 

So I'm not sure what your point is, and I have never said he doesn't have injury problems. Just the way some people are going on its as if he goes off every other game. 

2 hours ago, Spud55 said:

Or that he simply comes off when he feels something before it goes, rather than just blindly carrying on. 

Look at most of the old football players who would play through anything just having a cortizone injection and now can barely walk as their knees are ****** beyond repair. 

Maybe Baker isn't willing to do that? 

How many games did Kalas miss because he played before he was ready? He's missed 11 games since his first injury this season (which saw him miss 9 games) both times because he played while still injured and not ready to play, how much better off could we be if he didn't play when not fit? 

Whereas Baker has come off in the first half twice this season. But has been back for the next game. 

Which one would you rather? 

I'd rather have a centre back that can be relied upon to complete the game other than injury tbh.

Too many instances of coming off early and LJ has said the same.

Cash in during the summer imo.

48 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

I'd rather have a centre back that can be relied upon to complete the game other than injury tbh.

Too many instances of coming off early and LJ has said the same.

Cash in during the summer imo.

Fair enough, personally for me Baker is good enough for me to overlook that, but I can't disagree with you too much to be fair. 

2 minutes ago, Spud55 said:

Fair enough, personally for me Baker is good enough for me to overlook that, but I can't disagree with you too much to be fair. 

He is easily good enough, no doubt about it.

But when you have to use an early sub it can throw the game plan (if there is one of course).

On 09/03/2020 at 00:07, Davefevs said:

You could of course go and check yourself?  When I say check yourself, I don’t mean check yourself, I mean check a reputable source:

https://www.transfermarkt.co.uk/nathan-baker/leistungsdatendetails/spieler/62638/verein/698

Heres a head-start....it’s quite a lot of times!!

When someone posts ‘Baker has gone off in the first half 20 times’ - I’m not sure why it’s down to me to check the validity of their stats?! I think people like @bcfc01 who post these bold claims should be able to back up their assertions rather than lazily posting links to the Bristol Post website when the articles therein don’t even support their ‘facts’ ...

6 hours ago, lenred said:

Your continued use of these snide emojis when discussing someone’s possible issues - either physical or mental - is crass and pathetic. Give it up. 

He won’t, he does it on purpose hence why I’ve blocked him.  One day someone will actually buy a box of £1 market special sunnies and insert them up his arse though, like to see him tilt that lot.

For an ex mental health nurse the guys an utter ***.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Neither of them are sick notes like Baker is so why should they get stick? 

I don't think any of them should get stick, but I am fairly certain that JD has been out injured more than he has been available since signing for us permanently last August, whereas Baker has not, until now, had a long term injury.

• Admin
8 minutes ago, vicky10 said:

Baker is hardly a sick note..his injuries have often come from putting his body or head in ,and that hurts ,he never pulls out of a challenge so give the guy a little respect.

Do you think he's the only player that does this? 

The number of times he's come off in the first half of a game must be up there with the worst record in professional football 

13 minutes ago, New Dazzler said:

I don't think any of them should get stick, but I am fairly certain that JD has been out injured more than he has been available since signing for us permanently last August, whereas Baker has not, until now, had a long term injury.

Dasilva had a broken shin bone - that’s why he was out for so long. Baker on the other hand numerous minor injuries that led to him having to go off. He has a similar record at Villa. 

His current injury tho seems to be long term.

13 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Read my last post.............:cool2:

9 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Still doesn't explain anything. An injury is an injury. Why does one long term injury make somebody less of a 'sicknote' than somebody with lots of minor injuries?

Unless you're saying he's been faking his injuries, which seems like a very bold statement?

I think the point is that Baker is injury prone because he picks up a lot of injuries. Dasilva had one big injury so can’t be classed as ‘injury prone’ so to speak. 

9 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

Still doesn't explain anything. An injury is an injury. Why does one long term injury make somebody less of a 'sicknote' than somebody with lots of minor injuries?

Unless you're saying he's been faking his injuries, which seems like a very bold statement?

Baker gets lots of niggling injuries that led to him having to go off early. He’d miss a game and be back for the next before going off injured again - a real sick note.

2 minutes ago, Eddie Notgetinya said:

I think the point is that Baker is injury prone because he picks up a lot of injuries. Dasilva had one big injury so can’t be classed as ‘injury prone’ so to speak. 

Well put!

28 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Read my last post.............:cool2:

Robbo, if Baker gets stuck in and gets injured how exactly does that make him a sicknote? Am I correct in saying a few were concusion related which indicates he is happy to get in where it hurts.

41 minutes ago, phantom said:

Do you think he's the only player that does this? 

The number of times he's come off in the first half of a game must be up there with the worst record in professional football 

8 times in just over 90 games, according to transfermarkt 3 of those were injury based. 

Not great but at the same time not the sick note people make him out to be

10 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Robbo, if Baker gets stuck in and gets injured how exactly does that make him a sicknote? Am I correct in saying a few were concusion related which indicates he is happy to get in where it hurts.

Baker is an absolute 100%er when he plays to the point of being reckless - nobody can argue that NB isn’t a decent  CB but with so many minor injuries he misses plenty of game time and that labels him a sick note in the eyes of many fans.

LJ mentioned how frustrating it is so see Baker leaving the game early so often. 

26 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

8 times in just over 90 games, according to transfermarkt 3 of those were injury based. 

Thats getting on for 10 of his starts where he has gone off injured in the first half then? Quite a high percentage if you ask me

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Baker is an absolute 100%er when he plays to the point of being reckless - nobody can argue that NB isn’t a decent  CB but with so many minor injuries he misses plenty of game time and that labels him a sick note in the eyes of many fans.

LJ mentioned how frustrating it is so see Baker leaving the game early so often. 

No more frustrating than it was watching LJ try and manage the team.

• Admin
34 minutes ago, JBFC II said:

Do you honestly know any other professional footballer that has gone off injures as often at such early stages of the game?

These are from last season (2019/20)

Home to Swansea

image.png

Away to Shrewsbury (FA Cup)

image.png

Away to Fulham

image.png

Away to Hull City

image.png

Home to Stoke City

image.png

The cycle continues all the way through his time with us.....

image.png

Baker gives 100% to call him sick note is very poor, okay he gets injuries however a big team/squad player and deserves more respect from us fans, he goes into tackles that most players would shun away from, gets quite a few yellow/red cards hence the injuries, a little over exuberant at times, but usually gives his all, the good thing is we have an excellent squad this year and he could struggle to regain a first team place.

Archived