IGNORED

Nathan ‘sick note’ Baker

fishy

39 minutes ago, Cov 77 said:

Johnson said he asked to come off , calf injury but hopefully precautionary, don’t need more injuries for God’s sake 

Hmmm........LJ saying that Baker asked to come off could well have been a cover story - it was patently obvious after 15 mins that some presence was needed up top which says that LJ got the two up top wrong and no manager would hold their hands up and admit that they’d made an error.

I might be that NB was sacrificed................:dunno:

40 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

It’s approx 16 times that Baker has come off in the first half since he signed for City. He’s a good player if he can last 90 minutes but, in reality, he’s a sick note waiting to happen. It’s more just Webster that City failed to replace, it’s a Baker replacement as well. 

34 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

I’m sure that about a year ago it was stated that he’d gone off 14 times, so I added a couple. There must be something about this on the forum if anyone wants to find it 

FAKE NEWS:

In 88 appearances for City, he has been subbed during the first half or at half time:

Once this season.

3 times last season.

4 the season before, once for Steele after Frankie got sent off, so really 3 times.

TOTAL: 7 (8)

Yes he's had his fair share of injuries and suspensions, but your stat is plain incorrect.

4 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Hmmm........LJ saying that Baker asked to come off could well have been a cover story - it was patently obvious after 15 mins that some presence was needed up top which says that LJ got the two up top wrong and no manager would hold their hands up and admit that they’d made an error.

Are you having a bloody laugh? You won't believe anything until it comes from LJ, now this does come from his mouth and you think it's a lie?

Bloody hell. You need to have a word with yourself pal.

5 minutes ago, Robbored said:

That sounds to me like an unfounded, unsubstantiated rumour.

3 minutes ago, Selred said:

Are you having a bloody laugh? You won't believe anything until it comes from LJ, now this does come from his mouth and you think it's a lie?

Bloody hell. You need to have a word with yourself pal.

I didn’t say LJ lied......maybe just covering his error - not exactly a lie.

8 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Baker wasn’t moving well just before he came off. I don’t know why i’m telling you this though as I know you won’t have seen it and I am not the official site. 

11 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Pheasant Plucker - don’t you agree that my last post is a reasonable theory? ......

I'd be surprised.

He made a heavy challenge early in the first half and I saw him hobble for a bit. I turned to the guy next to me and said he wouldn't be out for the second half. Sadly he never even made it that far!

And I also don't speculate on "wild unsubstantiated rumours" just plucked out of a hat. ???

3 minutes ago, Alessandro said:

Injured or not, we looked much better with 4 at the back and Fam up top.

For me, the starting line up/formation wasn't working at all, so the sub was the right one IMO either way.

How many times have we said that about lineups and formation at home in the past few seasons? LJ still hasnt got it right.

18 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Pheasant Plucker - don’t you agree that my last post is a reasonable theory? ......Bobbobsuperbobs reaction is an entirely predictable one.........:facepalm:

But its from an official at the club, might as well be on the website?

44 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

Williams was only signed as a last minute replacement for Kalas and Baker has what must be one of the worst injury record of any City central defender. We’re now down to only two fit central defenders 

One more than Man City have

I think we have enough CB,s in the club Just been unlucky with injuries 

37 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Jesus Christ.

1 minute ago, JonDolman said:

I thought strangely Rowe was so narrow and more alongside Williams and Moore. O'Dowda was quite deep for a winger and more like a wing back. And Hunt seemed more advanced than Rowe the other side. That all changed second half when more subs were made, but it still for a while looked like 352 to me.

Yes maybe, not sure, i'd be keen to see the highlights and have a look. 

I can never tell for sure these days as a) we're quite fluid in and out of position formation wise and b) our wingers, be it out and out or wing backs get back to defend regardless. 

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Baker cannot be trusted.

Any player that asks to come off is a liability.

Its that simple.

For a big bloke he is a pansy.

So so predictable that he would do this and so so disappointing.

LJ needs to manage him out of the door.

What utter shite.

He has been very good for us this year, despite being in the background last season - he has looked good. 

Im 100% sure you wouldn’t call him a pansy to his face. ffs

total bollocks

4 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Baker cannot be trusted.

Any player that asks to come off is a liability.

Its that simple.

For a big bloke he is a pansy.

So so predictable that he would do this and so so disappointing.

LJ needs to manage him out of the door.

Absolute rubbish he has been one of our best players start of season..:if it was tactical then this post is nonsense

10 minutes ago, MC RISK77 said:

Absolute rubbish he has been one of our best players start of season..:if it was tactical then this post is nonsense

He asked to come off as LJ said.

He feels a little discomfort and he's wanting to come off.

Its happened numerous times.

He's not to be trusted on the pitch.

Get rid.

11 minutes ago, TonyTonyTony said:

What utter shite.

He has been very good for us this year, despite being in the background last season - he has looked good. 

Im 100% sure you wouldn’t call him a pansy to his face. ffs

total bollocks

Bullshit post.

And bullshit poster.

Archived