IGNORED

Booing Bobby

Dullmoan Tone

Firstly we should have read out the away team before kick off then Bobby could have received the reception he deserved and we would move on.

As for the muppets that booed him - it was embarrassing and they should be ashamed he gave 100% for us.

Having to make up for this by clapping an opponent who is about to take a corner is even more difficult.

What a great gesture from the Fulham Manager who instead of pushing for a winner in the last few mins gave Bobby the chance for a decent send off.

We should have managed this much better.

I've never understood booing an ex player,  I know I used to love playing against my ex teams, especially when they gave me dogs abuse beforehand :laugh: it just made me more determined to beat them tbh. I only saw the game on tv but didn't he receive a decent round of applause when he left the game?

Here is an Academy player who has gone on and played in the Premier League.

What is not to like. I don't understand why on earth anybody would want to boo him. 

Winning the penalty and scoring it at the Etihad is one of many fond memories he has given me in a City shirt.

I am really proud to say that he played for us.

In general he got an exceptional reception. And was applauded off the field. Well deserved. 

He nearly scored three times. How comfortable did people want to make him. Perhaps a bunch of roses and a free shot at goal. 

Sigh! He's a pro he knows the score!!

Some boo, some clap, some do nothing it's peoples choices. Some will hate him for going to Cardiff, some won't care as he had a great to move from us.

I personally don't see why people really care that much what others choose to do when ex players play against us.

12 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

What a great gesture from the Fulham Manager who instead of pushing for a winner in the last few mins gave Bobby the chance for a decent send off.

You really think he subbed him so fans could give him a clap!!!

13 minutes ago, Diddlydonkey said:

To be fair he got a big clap when he was walking over to take a corner near S82, then as soon as the action started he was booed. Think that was a fair thing to do. At the end of the day he plays for the other team.

No it wasn’t fair at all. Reid was an academy graduate who did really well for us. He deserved respect and gratitude  but instead he got some thickoes booing him.

Personally I thought was disgraceful.

If you were in section 82 you would have seen that some of those who were booing were clapping and laughing about it as well. Bobby, had a smile on his face as they were booing too. I also enjoyed the sly little return clap he gave at the corner, out of sight of the away fans.

It seemed to me that the booing was all a bit pantomime and in reasonable humour, evidenced by the applause Bobby got when taking a corner by S82 and again when he was subbed.

No harm done, no disrespect, just a player and fans reminiscing. He (along with Joe) were great for us and will always be welcomed back.

Has one good season in about 15 years, ***** off to one of our main rivals and now he's meant to have the red carpet rolled out for him?

Why didn't we give him a goal on the 18th minute, to really celebrate his ONE good season for us in 2018. FFS. 

And why would scott parker care about giving him a decent reception? :laugh::laugh:

Strange as it sounds I don’t think the booing was particularly directed at Reid. The standing section in the corner of the South Stand always, for some reason, boo whichever opposition player takes a corner. Out of habit they just started to boo when Reid walked over 

31 minutes ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

Firstly we should have read out the away team before kick off then Bobby could have received the reception he deserved and we would move on.

As for the muppets that booed him - it was embarrassing and they should be ashamed he gave 100% for us.

Having to make up for this by clapping an opponent who is about to take a corner is even more difficult.

I booed Reid because hes an opposition player, but appreciate the clapping when he was subbed . ,I will however tell you what IS embarrassing. Shouting to the ref that the ball is out the quadrant when its quite clearly in. Funny first time, several months ago, but every time? Really? And also shouting handball every 10 seconds when the oppo have a handball shout themselves. Tinpot. 

1 hour ago, Packman said:

Absolutely no chance the Fulham manager subbed off Reid so he could have a nice little clap off the pitch.

With <60 seconds to go - what else? - the replacement was hardly going to make an impact and they had their tails up so it was hardly to wind the clock down?

51 minutes ago, Robbored said:

No it wasn’t fair at all. Reid was an academy graduate who did really well for us. He deserved respect and gratitude  but instead he got some thickoes booing him.

I thought you didn’t think about players once they had left?

Can't understand the booing but also can't understand the clapping. No one would have been clapping him if he curled a shot in the top corner today. 

Clap him after the match if you want to but just treat him like any other opponent in the ninety minutes

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

If you were in section 82 you would have seen that some of those who were booing were clapping and laughing about it as well. Bobby, had a smile on his face as they were booing too. I also enjoyed the sly little return clap he gave at the corner, out of sight of the away fans.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

It seemed to me that the booing was all a bit pantomime and in reasonable humour, evidenced by the applause Bobby got when taking a corner by S82 and again when he was subbed.

No harm done, no disrespect, just a player and fans reminiscing. He (along with Joe) were great for us and will always be welcomed back.

Pretty much how I read it at the time - all part of the football pantomime IMO.

Nice to see him clap all four sides of the ground as he went off though, that showed he has a bit of class.

46 minutes ago, Barry Sheene said:

Can't understand the booing but also can't understand the clapping. No one would have been clapping him if he curled a shot in the top corner today. 

Clap him after the match if you want to but just treat him like any other opponent in the ninety minutes

To be honest the booing led to the clapping , basically to drown it out as I think a lot of fans thought it was out of order 

2 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

I don’t know why we stopped reading out the away team, it was the chance to applaud our ex players and then when the whistle blew it was game on. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Give your head a wobble mate,he couldn’t care less about city,he’s not even a city supporter even tho he grew up with us 

1 hour ago, Ron Swanson said:

Has one good season in about 15 years, ***** off to one of our main rivals and now he's meant to have the red carpet rolled out for him?

Why didn't we give him a goal on the 18th minute, to really celebrate his ONE good season for us in 2018. FFS. 

And why would scott parker care about giving him a decent reception? :laugh::laugh:

We must be the only fan base in England that would clap a player after he joins are local rivals, embarrassing 

Archived