IGNORED

Booing Bobby

Dullmoan Tone

2 hours ago, Dullmoan Tone said:

What a great gesture from the Fulham Manager who instead of pushing for a winner in the last few mins gave Bobby the chance for a decent send off.

What is it like on your planet. Is the sun always shining and City European Champions every year?

Pantomime booing supplemented with warm applause and appreciation when he can over to take the corner in the first half.  Bobby was clearly appreciative and put his thumbs up as well as clapping the City fans (slightly covertly) but it was all good.  No massive disrespect or disgraceful behaviour...just a bit of fun in amongst trying to give an opposition player a bit of stick. 

2 minutes ago, Magicdaps said:

Pantomime booing supplemented with warm applause and appreciation when he can over to take the corner in the first half.  Bobby was clearly appreciative and put his thumbs up as well as clapping the City fans (slightly covertly) but it was all good.  No massive disrespect or disgraceful behaviour...just a bit of fun in amongst trying to give an opposition player a bit of stick. 

He didn't hold back when he came off. He was clearly happy and maybe even a bit surprised at the ovation, and was clapping the fans as much as they were clapping him.

Nice to see really. Glad it happened this way.

He's an opposition player, getting booed during the match. If it puts him off his game, then great. Credit to him that he didn't really let it get to him.

What's more worrying is the fact that people are having a go at people booing opposition players, and then on other threads you see people moaning that there's no/little atmosphere and that we're too nice. 

Go figure :noexp:

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I like Bob but he shouldn't have tapped his head like a manual manipulator when he joined Cardiff.

A Bristol boy, all that time at City and within minutes of joining the sheep shaggers he's doing the ayatollah. Lost my respect for him then.

Mate exactly where i am - ******* no chance would i ever do that anyway as you look a complete ***** doing it 

• Admin
3 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

Has one good season in about 15 years, ***** off to one of our main rivals and now he's meant to have the red carpet rolled out for him?

Why didn't we give him a goal on the 18th minute, to really celebrate his ONE good season for us in 2018. FFS. 

And why would scott parker care about giving him a decent reception? :laugh::laugh:

Clap an ex player if they deserve it pre game 

During the game they are our OPPOSITION boo hiss etc like any opponent 

BDR interviewed after the game acknowledged the claps and thanked City fans.

As for joining Cardiff, in this day and age with the money and prestige around the prem, and a chance to test himself professionally against the best, I'm amazed anybody thinks that He would or should turn round and say I'd better not join this lot, the BCFC fans might not like it. And anyway, Cardiff are a secondary rival, no more.

5 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Patting his head was embarrassing.... he aint a cardiff fan or welsh so no need to do it i think some fans lost some respect for him then , he was great for us and had the chance to come back but wanted to chase the money in the capital ....

When you join a new club you want to get the fans on your side so patting the head may look embarrassing but he’s actually starting a new life.

Anyone on OTIB who is even remotely disappointed that a tiny minority boo a home grown one of our own players who BCFC made a fortune from have clearly missed the Steve Lansdown is "part of the problem" nonsense and the acerbic vitriolic personal abuse of a Manager who's actually doing better than any City Manager at this level since before 1982 when we went tits up.

Shouting 'handball' every time the opposition have the ball after their fans have shouted it is great fun and we should do it more often. I remember doing a similar thing with 'offside' at Northampton years ago but they had the last laugh as it took about two hours to get out of the bloody car park at Sixfields.

• Admin
19 minutes ago, Marina's Rolls Royce said:

Anyone on OTIB who is even remotely disappointed that a tiny minority boo a home grown one of our own players who BCFC made a fortune from have clearly missed the Steve Lansdown is "part of the problem" nonsense and the acerbic vitriolic personal abuse of a Manager who's actually doing better than any City Manager at this level since before 1982 when we went tits up.

I have no idea what you have said there 

33 minutes ago, bengalcub said:

Patting his head was embarrassing.... he aint a cardiff fan or welsh so no need to do it i think some fans lost some respect for him then , he was great for us and had the chance to come back but wanted to chase the money in the capital ....

Everyone that signs for Cardiff does it. No big deal either way. To be fair, how could he have signed for them and said WHAT? I'm not doing that shit.

Flint and Pack did it too, and both are still BCFC double winning heroes in my book. Glad Bobby got applause, me.

It's what Cardiff do, who cares really

• Admin
14 minutes ago, Mighty Squirrel Kingdom said:

Shouting 'handball' every time the opposition have the ball after their fans have shouted it is great fun and we should do it more often. I remember doing a similar thing with 'offside' at Northampton years ago but they had the last laugh as it took about two hours to get out of the bloody car park at Sixfields.

Really??

As someone said to me today...

Football is not a normal job and emotions are very much involved. If your wife left you for another man you wouldn't just say "I understand as he is better looking and richer".

Personally I clapped as he came over to take the corner, then promptly shouted abuse and called him a *** as he was about to take it.

7 hours ago, City18 said:

Bit weird that mate isn't it? 

Not really. A home grown talent from Bristol who was a fleet footed and decent midfield player in his own right whom Lee Johnson had the foresight to play him further forward and he rewarded us with a 20 goal season and a £10M move to the Premier League. 

Nothing weird there Mate in my opinion. 

13 hours ago, Barry Sheene said:

Can't understand the booing but also can't understand the clapping. No one would have been clapping him if he curled a shot in the top corner today. 

Clap him after the match if you want to but just treat him like any other opponent in the ninety minutes

Knowing our fans they actually would. 

10 hours ago, steveybadger said:

BDR interviewed after the game acknowledged the claps and thanked City fans.

As for joining Cardiff, in this day and age with the money and prestige around the prem, and a chance to test himself professionally against the best, I'm amazed anybody thinks that He would or should turn round and say I'd better not join this lot, the BCFC fans might not like it. And anyway, Cardiff are a secondary rival, no more.

Do you consider Rovers still your main rivals? Seems obvious I know but difficult if you dont play each other very often no?

6 minutes ago, Montpelierblue said:

Do you consider Rovers still your main rivals? Seems obvious I know but difficult if you dont play each other very often no?

Well I think even despite that most City fans would say yes. At least in the sense that playing Rovers in a cup and losing would be unpalatable!

My point re Cardiff is that before the early 2000's they never seemed to be real rivals to us. A few seasons competing in the League 1 play offs and now in the Championship and perhaps that has changed to a degree ( aided by Rovers and Swansea being in different divisions). In addition City also like to see Swindon do poorly after 14/15, although could argue that has always been the case , certainly more than Cardiff.

14 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I like Bob but he shouldn't have tapped his head like a manual manipulator when he joined Cardiff.

A Bristol boy, all that time at City and within minutes of joining the sheep shaggers he's doing the ayatollah. Lost my respect for him then.

He couldn't exactly refuse, could he? 

6 minutes ago, Redwhitepurple said:

Glad people booed, he was with city first team hardly anytime at all and chased the money, hope he gets booed everytime. Joe Bryan a different story

Being a footballer is just a job

He took a job (the same job)that pays more money just like most of us would do

Just get over it

2 hours ago, Montpelierblue said:

Rovers will always be our main rivals no other team comes close.

Archived