IGNORED

Booing Bobby

Dullmoan Tone

11 hours ago, cider-manc said:

As someone said to me today...

Football is not a normal job and emotions are very much involved. If your wife left you for another man you wouldn't just say "I understand as he is better looking and richer".

Personally I clapped as he came over to take the corner, then promptly shouted abuse and called him a *** as he was about to take it.

Yes, both a clap and a booooo! simultaneously from me miles away up in the Lansdown too. A clap for that brilliant season, and a boooo! for clearing off to Cardiff and tapping his head.

One more thing: he appears to have resorted back to being a not-quite-good-enough midfielder rather than the pivotal forward player he was here two years ago.

2 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Yes, both a clap and a booooo! simultaneously from me miles away up in the Lansdown too. A clap for that brilliant season, and a boooo! for clearing off to Cardiff and tapping his head.

One more thing: he appears to have resorted back to being a not-quite-good-enough midfielder rather than the pivotal forward player he was here two years ago.

Can't agree with that, he had a good attacking game imo with apparently more shots at goal than anyone other than Wells.

He looked very sharp to me and a constant danger - didn't look out of place in that Fulham team.

I didn't boo him or applaud him before the game though - but did applaud him at full time.

19 hours ago, Ron Swanson said:

Has one good season in about 15 years, ***** off to one of our main rivals and now he's meant to have the red carpet rolled out for him?

Why didn't we give him a goal on the 18th minute, to really celebrate his ONE good season for us in 2018. FFS. 

And why would scott parker care about giving him a decent reception? :laugh::laugh:

Counting 15 years is a bit harsh. Was he meant to be banging the goals in when he was 10? 

18 hours ago, Kid in the Riot said:

I like Bob but he shouldn't have tapped his head like a manual manipulator when he joined Cardiff.

A Bristol boy, all that time at City and within minutes of joining the sheep shaggers he's doing the ayatollah. Lost my respect for him then.

They make new signings do that for their publicity shots. All new signings.

It's not like Reid thought to himself: "Ooh, I can't wait to 'Do The Ayatollah'. I must ditch City and sign for Cardiff!"

Money and the prospect of career advancement led him to go there - and it was the best option on the table for him at the time. Any player would've done likewise.

• Admin
6 hours ago, steveybadger said:

Well I think even despite that most City fans would say yes. At least in the sense that playing Rovers in a cup and losing would be unpalatable!

My point re Cardiff is that before the early 2000's they never seemed to be real rivals to us. A few seasons competing in the League 1 play offs and now in the Championship and perhaps that has changed to a degree ( aided by Rovers and Swansea being in different divisions). In addition City also like to see Swindon do poorly after 14/15, although could argue that has always been the case , certainly more than Cardiff.

Interesting as there's a whole generation now basically every supporter under 25 wouldn't have any memory of rovers being any standard of opposition 

6 hours ago, steveybadger said:

My point re Cardiff is that before the early 2000's they never seemed to be real rivals to us.

If you want to tell me they weren't a local rival in 1980 when I attended my first severnside derby at the gate on boxing day then I will beg to differ.

55 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

If you want to tell me they weren't a local rival in 1980 when I attended my first severnside derby at the gate on boxing day then I will beg to differ.

Ha, fair enough! I remember being spat on on the way out after an Andy Cole inspired League cup win c92ish. Nice people.

On a day after we lose at home, the usual suspects (and fans of other teams) tend to come on here and pretend to be City Supporters. They know, and we know, who they are and they certainly dont go to Ashton Gate often if at all. So it's noticable most of those above are not on here today at is was a cracking advert for Championship football, a great advert for BCFC and a fair result between two of the top teams outside the VAR league

Names on the other 'booing Bobby' thread i know were at the game have appropriately replied but for those just scanning what insight they could get on this forum, i'll add mine. From the Dolman, he got a good reception at the start and a phenominal reception near the end. City fans might have a tiny minority of morons but the vast majority of the (circa) 20,000 yesterday support the Club, love the owner, the manager and appreciate players like Bobby Reid for what they did for our team and therefore us fans.

Hardly any booing actually and his lasting memory will be the very loud, and standing ovation he got whilst being subbed.

This forum needs to get real more often if it doesnt want to be read and talked about as a place for disillusioned people who do not love our club.

Lets get behind the team at Ewood Park and maintain the positive atmosphere of yesterday going into the Sheff Wed game. Personally I'd like us to have a section in the Atyeo every week - the banter and singing at both ends was much better than just from S.82

6 hours ago, phantom said:

Interesting as there's a whole generation now basically every supporter under 25 wouldn't have any memory of rovers being any standard of opposition 

Yeah for sure, I think our rivalry died off a bit as we didn’t play each other much from 86-2002 if my memory serves me right?

the odd game in the 90’s when we were scraping the barrel with Rochdale and your city rivals etc.....

Archived