IGNORED

Cairney

Super

22 hours ago, Davefevs said:

I agree re Massengo.  I thought he was pretty decent yesterday.  Yep, he lost the ball a few times facing his own goal, but two of those I thought he was fouled.  He passed it with good tempo, and recovers a lot of ball for us due to positioning and anticipation.  I enjoyed watching him yesterday.  He wasn’t our best player, but against a 3-man midfield I thought him and Smith were very important.

He still has a boy’s body ...

( the Police are looking in to it ) 

On 07/03/2020 at 19:13, Red-Robbo said:

Best midfielder in the Championship in my humbles.

I agree. Absolutely brilliant player. One of those opposition players that I find an absolute pleasure to watch (when not playing us obviously!)

6 minutes ago, Hampshire reds said:

Cainey is a top footballer. Excellent on sat. He has to much class for our manager. if we had him he would be on the bench or loaned out. Palmer,Walsh and Joe come to mind. 

Not sure that's a fair comparison. Maybe those players have got a chance of getting to Cairney's standard if they play regularly and work hard but they are nowhere near at the moment. I wish we had recalled Walsh or Morrell for the second half of the season but there's not really a comparison between leaving those player out and leaving Cairney out. I think Palmer, Walsh and Morrell all have a lot of potential but I think their reputation gets strengthened by their absence. It's like Semenyo last season - when he was on loan, we were crying out for him to come back and play. Once he played, he struggled to make the impact we hoped. 

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

He still has a boy’s body ...

( the Police are looking in to it ) 

Massengo only makes minor mistakes. In 3 years time he will be worth ultra millions. He is a great asset to the club and is learning all the time.

11 hours ago, italian dave said:

Could not agree more Bob. 

18, he's played two full games against one of the top midfields in the Championship, and not looked out of place at all. 

The experience he's had this year, and a fully fit Nagy in a three midfield next season, and I still think we've got someone special. 

Indeed. And you have to ask how fans expect players to improve without them being given opportunities in the first team. Hopefully he can build on his experience this season, Walsh and Morrell can make use of their first team experience elsewhere and we might find ourselves with real options in midfield. 

17 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Indeed. And you have to ask how fans expect players to improve without them being given opportunities in the first team. Hopefully he can build on his experience this season, Walsh and Morrell can make use of their first team experience elsewhere and we might find ourselves with real options in midfield. 

Plenty of options - still not much height through!!

Archived