IGNORED

Any Further Updates On Benik?

REDOXO

I liked Weimann and Wells today as we played in a more attacking way and finally for those that care we had a very entertaining performance....With real live shots on target at a rate of greater than 1 an hour! (I personally don’t care how we play provided we win!)

What struck me was that Afobi would have really given them something to think about and provide us with a very able moving target across the field.

If we can get him in with 7 or so games to go we still have a chance at this if we can keep the performance today as the standard.

4 minutes ago, phantom said:

It will be a blanket extension covering every footballer

Think that will be interesting legally how they enforce it.

if your contract, loan is up your free to move or be recalled. Non league contracts expire end of April, I’m sure clubs will not be paying there wages on 1st May, so what right has a club to say your contract has finished but you can’t go to your better paid new deal.

46 minutes ago, phantom said:

It will be a blanket extension covering every footballer

40 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Think that will be interesting legally how they enforce it.

if your contract, loan is up your free to move or be recalled. Non league contracts expire end of April, I’m sure clubs will not be paying there wages on 1st May, so what right has a club to say your contract has finished but you can’t go to your better paid new deal.

It’s gonna be very interesting how this plays out.  Winners and losers on both sides whatever is decided.

Dependent on when (if?) the season restarts it wouldn’t surprise me if there was some form of transfer window for players to extend loan deals, go out of contract and become available, etc etc.

10 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

It’s gonna be very interesting how this plays out.  Winners and losers on both sides whatever is decided.

Dependent on when (if?) the season restarts it wouldn’t surprise me if there was some form of transfer window for players to extend loan deals, go out of contract and become available, etc etc.

If you have a transfer window is that a really fair reflection of the season for richer clubs can boost there squads in a third window. If you don’t have a window ooc, pre contract and end of loan players are free to move is that really fair.

If you don’t release players you are withholding there trade and can be sued.

Which I think is why teams are hoping to start ASAP for when you get pass June you are in a legal mess with regards contracts and the leagues will have an unfair look to it. 

You could end up with Benik playing for us in June and come 1st July, Stoke will have the right to recall him and end up playing against us. 

What ever is decided I can see it being a legal mess and personally think ending the season now and null and voiding it if can’t be completed by 30th June is fairest way. 

5 minutes ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

If you have a transfer window is that a really fair reflection of the season for richer clubs can boost there squads in a third window. If you don’t have a window ooc, pre contract and end of loan players are free to move is that really fair.

If you don’t release players you are withholding there trade and can be sued.

Which I think is why teams are hoping to start ASAP for when you get pass June you are in a legal mess with regards contracts and the leagues will have an unfair look to it.

I’m sure they are hoping to conclude it, but if the season goes beyond the end of June (likely imho) then it’s gonna be unfair, will be winners and losers.  But it’s all about the member teams coming together and agreeing the best way forward....and accepting that.

You could end up with Benik playing for us in June and come 1st July, Stoke will have the right to recall him and end up playing against us. 

What ever is decided I can see it being a legal mess and personally think ending the season now and null and voiding it if can’t be completed by 30th June is fairest way.

Unfortunately voiding the season seems to be the most likely to cause an infringement of the tv contractual terms with Sky, and likely financial collapse of a number of the 71 teams.

The world of football is already about the haves and have nots, nothing is completely fair, even at the start of a season.  This for me will just be doing the best that can be done to maintain integrity (as far as possible) and keep clubs in existence.  I think we have to change our mindset re it being a normal Aug-May 46 game season.

5 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

End of the day it all comes down to the TV deal.

Not fairness, integrity or what the fans want. Just the 20 clubs in the PL and lining there pockets, 

Will have an effect on the EFL but I believe the EFL have paid out early to clubs to keep them afloat so it shouldn’t really have to much of an effect on them till next season if it ever happens.

Prolonging the season I think will harm lower league clubs more, for they will have to keep paying wages with no match receipts. A shortened season is no good next season for clubs would of budgeted on 23 games (contracted players there already) in the EFL and any less will financially harm them,

There is no right or wrong way to decide this, but whichever way is decided you can guarantee PL clubs will be alright and the EFL will be left with a financial mess.

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

Not fairness, integrity or what the fans want. Just the 20 clubs in the PL and lining there pockets, 

Will have an effect on the EFL but I believe the EFL have paid out early to clubs to keep them afloat so it shouldn’t really have to much of an effect on them till next season if it ever happens.

Prolonging the season I think will harm lower league clubs more, for they will have to keep paying wages with no match receipts. A shortened season is no good next season for clubs would of budgeted on 23 games (contracted players there already) in the EFL and any less will financially harm them,

There is no right or wrong way to decide this, but whichever way is decided you can guarantee PL clubs will be alright and the EFL will be left with a financial mess.

The most obvious way forward seems to me to be for the industry to agree it's exceptional circumstances and do a penalty-free trade off and then void the current season. For instance, broadcasters get the rights to free, additional tv games over the next few years to cover their loss, sponsors will get additional access to players for use next year; players can do that because they are getting paid to do kick ups at home. Maybe if it is possible, a Premier Cup competition. 

Considering the sporting year broadcasters and sponsors will have in 2021, and those tournaments are going to be even bigger and more special... I think it's a fking liberty to cry foul over 2020 to be honest. 

1 hour ago, wayne allisons tongues said:

It seems that way.  When 30% of your turnover comes from one source, that’s the reality....they call the shots.

Not fairness, integrity or what the fans want. Just the 20 clubs in the PL and lining there pockets

that’s English football irrespective of covid-19 unfortunately 

Prolonging the season I think will harm lower league clubs more, for they will have to keep paying wages with no match receipts.

Suspect many are furloughing their players in League 2 and National League (on pro contracts) and seeking the 80% of £2.5k pm.

A shortened season is no good next season for clubs would of budgeted on 23 games (contracted players there already) in the EFL and any less will financially harm them,

Agree too....need to streamline cup competitions, reduce international breaks (if even have them at all).

if there is a possible silver cloud, it might be that football sorts itself out through this.

22 minutes ago, 29AR said:

The most obvious way forward seems to me to be for the industry to agree it's exceptional circumstances and do a penalty-free trade off and then void the current season. For instance, broadcasters get the rights to free, additional tv games over the next few years to cover their loss, sponsors will get additional access to players for use next year; players can do that because they are getting paid to do kick ups at home. Maybe if it is possible, a Premier Cup competition. 

Considering the sporting year broadcasters and sponsors will have in 2021, and those tournaments are going to be even bigger and more special... I think it's a fking liberty to cry foul over 2020 to be honest. 

I’m still behind the thought of finishing this season whatever, but there will need to be compromises all over the place.  However the longer we go without football the less likely I see it.

5 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I`m never sure how these things work but do Stoke have to sell him to us (if we want to buy him) or can they insist he stays with them?

If we pay the agreed fee, he will be ours!

Hope City take up the option - Afobe and Wells up front next season could be lethal ??

Just a thought, but the virus won’t be going away, there may be restrictions again later this year, I have a feeling that the current season will close, with no relegation to avoid legal threats, and we will move on. 

As for BA, he may be a victim of circumstance, with so much uncertainty, and the likelihood of a lot of good freebies around, do we want to pay £6m (Or whatever) for a player?

• Admin
1 hour ago, Loco Rojo said:

Did anyone catch the Twitter Q&A to him the other night? 

Be interested to know what was asked and if he gave any hints as to if he'd like to stay. 

(Apologies if already posted elsewhere)

@Loco Rojo It is this afternoon

image.png

Chance for anyone to get a question answered directly from the man himself

1 hour ago, Chappers said:

Just a thought, but the virus won’t be going away, there may be restrictions again later this year, I have a feeling that the current season will close, with no relegation to avoid legal threats, and we will move on. 

As for BA, he may be a victim of circumstance, with so much uncertainty, and the likelihood of a lot of good freebies around, do we want to pay £6m (Or whatever) for a player?

In my opinion , they will do everything to complete the season. BEIN sports have apparently decided to take money back from the French League, not sure the Prem would be willing to give that up. Maybe the idea that I saw put forward a few days ago might work. When restrictions are lifted a little, multiple games and multiple stadiums all shown live, but behind closed doors. Leagues get finished and the Prep and EFL get to keep their money . 

As for Afobe, I thought the fee was £2m not 6. If the season finishes , and he proves fitness £2m wouldn't seem too bad, £6m would still be over the top though.

1 hour ago, Chappers said:

I wondered whether to post this or not as it smacks a lot of taking advantage of another`s misfortune (and I roundly condemn the s*gs on a regular basis for what they tried to do to us in 1982) but will Stoke be in a worse position financially than us at the end of all this and open to negotiation? I guess it will depend a lot if FFP is suspended/amended and their owners are willing to plough some of their considerable fortune into the club if so - we can be pretty hopeful ours will be.

He came over very well. Seems to be a very nice young man. He replied to a number of general questions very well. A lot of people asked if he would be playing for us next season. He said nothing. I expect he was told to avoid those sort of questions. Which is a great disappointment 

Archived