IGNORED

Any Further Updates On Benik?

REDOXO

2 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

He came over very well. Seems to be a very nice young man. He replied to a number of general questions very well. A lot of people asked if he would be playing for us next season. He said nothing. I expect he was told to avoid those sort of questions. Which is a great disappointment 

But he did reply to say he'd rather score 0 goals and City go up than score 25 and stay in Championship....and then he'd want to go on and score 30 goals for us in the Prem!

15 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Yes i did see that, and understand where you are coming from. But i wanted him to say"Yes i would love to stay here next season whatever division we are in.I would love to have him here next season.

I was expecting a diplomatic 'City is a fantastic club and I'm really enjoying it here. We don't know what the future holds but I hope I get to wear the shirt again soon.'

• Admin
22 hours ago, Roadrunner said:

Yes i did see that, and understand where you are coming from. But i wanted him to say"Yes i would love to stay here next season whatever division we are in.I would love to have him here next season.

I guess he doesn't want to burn any bridges in case a better offer is on the tablel

On 03/04/2020 at 11:24, 1960maaan said:

In my opinion , they will do everything to complete the season. BEIN sports have apparently decided to take money back from the French League, not sure the Prem would be willing to give that up. Maybe the idea that I saw put forward a few days ago might work. When restrictions are lifted a little, multiple games and multiple stadiums all shown live, but behind closed doors. Leagues get finished and the Prep and EFL get to keep their money . 

As for Afobe, I thought the fee was £2m not 6. If the season finishes , and he proves fitness £2m wouldn't seem too bad, £6m would still be over the top though.

It might well be both - as in a fee of £2m with up to £4m of add-ons

Archived