IGNORED

Fans in the Atyeo

Chairman Mao

• Admin
50 minutes ago, Chairman Mao said:

Can this happen more often? As a member who goes away a lot but can't make many home games it's great that the Atyeo was open, chance to have a sing and have an occasional shouting match with the away fans, which is half the fun, was welcomed. Good job with the drum as well. 

Watching back on the TV I thought it's a very easy way for the club to take the sting out of the incidents that are increasing between away fans and the Dolman stand 

10 hours ago, Second City Exile said:

Nostalgic return to Crackers Corner- one for the (very) oldies there!  Yes, I know that it was further round, nearer the corner flag but close enough. Fully agree about being back in the Atyeo - but the facilities and surroundings looked in need of refurbishment...

Crackers corner 40 years ago was the far left hand side of the open end looking at the pitch. I remember the entry at that end we would walk to the left and the away supporters were to the right hand side of us. Crackers corner i thought it was a section of the ground forgotten but I stand corrected 

41 minutes ago, City oz said:

Crackers corner 40 years ago was the far left hand side of the open end looking at the pitch. I remember the entry at that end we would walk to the left and the away supporters were to the right hand side of us. Crackers corner i thought it was a section of the ground forgotten but I stand corrected 

Crackers Corner will always be remembered. Especiall by this once 8 yr old who stood at the front of the railings alongside that area.

16 hours ago, Second City Exile said:

Nostalgic return to Crackers Corner- one for the (very) oldies there!  Yes, I know that it was further round, nearer the corner flag but close enough. Fully agree about being back in the Atyeo - but the facilities and surroundings looked in need of refurbishment...

I think facilities are good enough and the ticket prices should reflect that. I can't get to every home game so buy ad hoc and find myself sat alone and hardly likely to jump about and join in with songs We need an area of unallocated seats and the Atyeo would be ideal. 

3 minutes ago, bbew said:

Out of interest to those that sat in the Atyeo yesterday - could you hear the rest of the stadium at all or is the atmosphere as bad as away fans seem to indicate?

It's difficult because s82 is at the other end of the pitch. I think having a secondary group in the Atyeo who will always get going by simple virtue of being next to the away fans would massively help. If we ever went up I'd be making a beeline for a season ticket in that section.

Stadium looks fantastic and the banners at kick off were great though.

34 minutes ago, bbew said:

Out of interest to those that sat in the Atyeo yesterday - could you hear the rest of the stadium at all or is the atmosphere as bad as away fans seem to indicate?

We stand at front of atyeo and can clearly hear city fans chanting and singing, not every game though ! Yesterday was good , particularly the goal and goalmouth incidents . 

if I am honest it could be louder at times, seems to start well then after 20 -25 mins dies down a bit however it does depend what is happening on the pitch ??

13 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

From where I was sat in s19 there didn’t seem to be a gap between the two sets of fans in the Atyeo - I thought they had the whole end and I didn’t see any tickets on sale for there.

The netting between us was quite narrow which improved the banter between fans. All good natured and very enjoyable. When there’s not much to sing about on the pitch a bit of friendly banter fills the time.

No reason why we couldn`t do it for all the remaining home games bar Cardiff is there? The biggest away followings we`ve got to come are probably going to be Wednesday or Stoke and I doubt either of them are travelling in their normal high numbers given the seasons they`re having. I doubt Preston or Hull will bring many (depending on what`s resting on the last home game of course!)

19 hours ago, phantom said:

Watching back on the TV I thought it's a very easy way for the club to take the sting out of the incidents that are increasing between away fans and the Dolman stand 

Quite agree.

At the Birmingham game we walked out of the Dolman with jubilant Birmingham fans hurling abuse at us from fairly close range in the Atyeo.

The police were looking in our direction and stewards in the Atyeo seemingly completely ignored them.

Then at the West Brom game there was apparently trouble in the same area.

Should really be very easy to put a stop to this, and keeping away fans away from that end of the Atyeo - preferably with City fans taking their place - seems the obvious answer.

Pleased that Crackers Corner is fondly remembered. I too was on the railing, "kicking the tin" (the metal advertising signs) while my dad was back up on the open terrace, late 1950's.

The rest of the stadium could be plainly heard in N35 where we were sat, singing being picked up when started elsewhere. Certainly felt part of it all.

Agree that the facilities are ok- but definitely second best when compared with the rest of the stadium

• Admin
2 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Quite agree.

At the Birmingham game we walked out of the Dolman with jubilant Birmingham fans hurling abuse at us from fairly close range in the Atyeo.

The police were looking in our direction and stewards in the Atyeo seemingly completely ignored them.

Then at the West Brom game there was apparently trouble in the same area.

Should really be very easy to put a stop to this, and keeping away fans away from that end of the Atyeo - preferably with City fans taking their place - seems the obvious answer.

Any thoughts on this @JulieH from a policing perspective? 

Let's hope that the club agree to it happening on a permanent basis. It was great to see City in the Atyeo. The few that were there made a good noise. 

Be better if the away fans were shoved up into the Lansdown upper and City had both goal ends. 

The low roof makes such a better sound. 

12 hours ago, freezer said:

Let's hope that the club agree to it happening on a permanent basis. It was great to see City in the Atyeo. The few that were there made a good noise. 

Be better if the away fans were shoved up into the Lansdown upper and City had both goal ends. 

The low roof makes such a better sound. 

Good point. If you find yourself wondering why (at times) the away fans seem to be making more noise than us, it is because of the acoustics of the Atyeo stand, where sound reflects off the roof and back wall out into the stadium. 
I agree that the Upper Lansdown would be a better place for the away fans but no doubt @JulieH will confirm that the problem with that, is mixing fans at in the entrances and in the concourse although I suspect that would only be a major issue for Cardiff and Swansea. 

7 minutes ago, The Red Planet said:

Good point. If you find yourself wondering why (at times) the away fans seem to be making more noise than us, it is because of the acoustics of the Atyeo stand, where sound reflects off the roof and back wall out into the stadium
I agree that the Upper Lansdown would be a better place for the away fans but no doubt @JulieH will confirm that the problem with that, is mixing fans at in the entrances and in the concourse although I suspect that would only be a major issue for Cardiff and Swansea. 

Can't say I'm convinced the Atyeo acoustics are fantastic- East End ones were better- but they are likely to be an improvement on South Stand.

Not saying they aren't decent, but they don't strike me as amazing- seems to me that the more modern/recently built a stand, the worse the acoustics.

15 hours ago, JulieH said:

It remains a club decision whether to place home fans in the atyeo . The decision lies with them . 

Is it a club decision to let away fans out at the same time as home fans ?

Genuine question because it is stupid to do so, and I don't care if some people say that everyone should be able to walk peacefully out singing Kumbaya together, it doesn't happen because of nobs in either camp.

1 hour ago, The Red Planet said:

Good point. If you find yourself wondering why (at times) the away fans seem to be making more noise than us, it is because of the acoustics of the Atyeo stand, where sound reflects off the roof and back wall out into the stadium. 

No issue it seems with the fans village right outside the Lansdown being unsegregated though is it.

Archived