IGNORED

Home fans in the Atyeo

Mr Popodopolous

Question

Hi Jerry. 

Thought it was nice to see some home fans in the Atyeo for a change.

Think that there is potential for a good impact on the atmosphere and also excellent for the team, nice marginal gain as they're always playing towards either a whole stand or when change ends, still to some of their fans. 

What a contrast to the West Brom game where there were around 3,000 in the away end, concentrated, noisy. Some in the lower bits of the stand too. M

My question is, will this be rolled out on a more regular basis or was it a one off in accordance with 125th Anniversary thing?

1 answer to this question

We always have the option to use the Atyeo for home fans as long as our visitors get the allocation they are entitled to.

It would depend on things such as the opposition, demand for tickets.  I personally was surprised based on the number of emails, tweets etc that I receive that more fans didn't take up the option tbh.

So basically as seen for the games against the Manchester clubs if demand was high enough and tickets in the other stands were in short supply then we as a club would consider the Atyeo for home fans.

Archived