IGNORED

1980-81, can anyone help?

Roadrunner

He's wearing one of the umbro diamond tracksuit tops. They're worth a mint now on eBay, especially if there is some sanitizer gel in the pockets.

He also appears to be trying to strangle himself. Roy Hodgson doesn't seem that concerned, partly because he will then nab his jacket.

19 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

I was thinking it might be ?  Tony Collins 

Not sure he was still here then BBSB, didn't go to Leeds when Alan Dicks left. Not 100% sure of the timing though.

Found this, not really related , but interesting watch.

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2016-06-09/england-manager-roy-hodgson-old-footage-unearthed/

8 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Not sure he was still here then BBSB, didn't go to Leeds when Alan Dicks left. Not 100% sure of the timing though.

Found this, not really related , but interesting watch.

https://www.itv.com/news/westcountry/2016-06-09/england-manager-roy-hodgson-old-footage-unearthed/

He was caretaker for a short bit Mike and yes went onto Leeds - I’m not sure of the timing either , (wondered whether he stayed under Houghton for a bit (and can’t recall him facially tbh )

44 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

He was caretaker for a short bit Mike and yes went onto Leeds - I’m not sure of the timing either , (wondered whether he stayed under Houghton for a bit (and can’t recall him facially tbh )

Tony Collins wasn't white either..

Caretaker at City in 1980.

I think he was the first black manager in the football league (open to be proven wrong).

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Collins_(footballer)

2 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Don’t think it’s Heather or Tovey.

44F3BB4A-1CE6-4B1F-8A51-90C04FEC435B.thumb.jpeg.b9670c48f265e56ab1d931015af9fda3.jpeg

I’m not convinced it’s Alex Lockhart, but the glasses make me wonder.  He was physio around that time.

still cant work out how that team struggled so badly that season.....theres 8 of the 11 that started v arsenal 1st game 76 plus Rodgers garland mabbutt  shaw were experienced at the top level too......

12 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Tony Collins wasn't white either..

Caretaker at City in 1980.

I think he was the first black manager in the football league (open to be proven wrong).

Edit: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tony_Collins_(footballer)

Difficult to tell from those pics and not wanting to upset some soul but Collins appears swarthy skin tone 

i wouldn’t regard his skin tone as ‘Black’ 

( Im merely looking at / comparing the two pics of Unidentified man & the one 1960 provided of Tony Collins - 

I don’t know why I’m bothering , Need new glasses and trying to compare black n white photos ?

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Difficult to tell from those pics and not wanting to upset some soul but Collins appears swarthy skin tone 

i wouldn’t regard his skin tone as ‘Black’ 

( Im merely looking at / comparing the two pics of Unidentified man & the one 1960 provided of Tony Collins - similar skin tone ? )

Tony was born in 1926 so at the time of that photo he'd be around 54.

I'm crap on putting an age to someone - that unknown fella doesn't look that old to me ?

Also, never saw him in glasses back in the day.

But could be wrong.

14 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Tony was born in 1926 so at the time of that photo he'd be around 54.

I'm crap on putting an age to someone - that unknown fella doesn't look that old to me ?

Also, never saw him in glasses back in the day.

But could be wrong.

Think you’re right

Is be amazed if someone on here can’t remember who it is

1 hour ago, Thornbury Red said:

Bob Boyd isnt it?

My late father would know for sure, but this is a very good call.

Bob was a director at that time and had managed non-league previously. I think he was a dedicated trackie wearer.

Archived