IGNORED

1980-81, can anyone help?

Roadrunner

• Admin
On 08/03/2020 at 10:50, Roadrunner said:

Going through some of my old images of the City today. Two City managers in this one Bob Houghton and Roy Hodgson. Can anyone help me with who the other person is.

002.jpg

This is from a good friend of mine 

"I'm 99% certain that it's Colin Toal who was a coach under Houghton.

(He now coaches the Indian under 19s).

It's certainly not Bill Heather- dosnt look anything like him

1 hour ago, phantom said:

Phantom, you could be onto something here. Bob Houghton ended up in India managing their national side until 2012. Colin Toal is in India and a recent on line Interview mentions Bob. 

Here is the original photo followed by one of a few years ago.

Screenshot_20200309-191658_Chrome.jpg

Screenshot_20200309-191521_Chrome.jpg

1 hour ago, phantom said:

@BTRFTG mentioned Tole, Tolle....

http://neal-collins.blogspot.com/2012/05/did-i-ever-mention-i-was-coached-by.html

https://www.goal.com/en-india/news/1116/interviews/2009/10/26/1584633/exclusive-interview-with-the-technical-director-of-indian

2 hours ago, phantom said:

Thats him.

Give that man a cigar !

On 08/03/2020 at 11:13, Roadrunner said:

Ah that could be right.Pieman its not Buster he always wore a white tee shirt and shorts, no matter what the weather was.

Buster never wore shorts but you’re right about him always wearing a tee shirt, although this one doesn’t look white ...here he is, proper old skool!

4 hours ago, Davefevs said:

Ah, didn't know the spelling but still not 100% convinced it's him. I recall he was assistant coach but thought his hair was light coloured, voluminous and frizzy, not as per the first photo. The mystery bench warmer also doesn't look like the modern image if that's supposed to be the same bloke ( first photo the geezer has a high forehead unlike the  modern version which although years later shows a touch of widow's peak.) If the first pic was 81/82 I still think it might be Tainton wearing glasses. He had quite a high forehead but combed his hair down one side.

10 hours ago, BTRFTG said:

Ah, didn't know the spelling but still not 100% convinced it's him. I recall he was assistant coach but thought his hair was light coloured, voluminous and frizzy, not as per the first photo. The mystery bench warmer also doesn't look like the modern image if that's supposed to be the same bloke ( first photo the geezer has a high forehead unlike the  modern version which although years later shows a touch of widow's peak.) If the first pic was 81/82 I still think it might be Tainton wearing glasses. He had quite a high forehead but combed his hair down one side.

If you think that's trev tainton maybe you need a trip to specsavers..... 

Archived