IGNORED

Any minute now someone's going to say

southvillekiddy

I never got higher than 7th in the inter house cross country at school. Yr in yr out, twas my glass ceiling no matter what I tried. Always peeved me some kiddie used to beat me regular and he was always smoking behind the bike sheds.

I hope City have not reached their ceiling under Johnson. Come on lads nine cup final efforts and don't let Lee's rants get you down. Do it for the fans not for him. 

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

Looks to me like 3 from 10 to join Fulham

Every game it will change so if we win on Saturday it will probably be 3 from 8 looking at the other fixtures. 

I agree...we are in that mix of ten teams.

What struck me yesterday, was how well we can play at times.

However...regardless of money, manager etc...we aren't a top 2 team.

We aren't a top 4 team.

But there are about 12 teams in this division that we compare to, that could easily finish 5th or 6th.

Is that such a bad thing?

Even if we made the play offs... does anyone else really think we are good enough to win it? I'm not so sure.

I'd prefer to try for top 2 outright.

6 minutes ago, havanatopia said:

I never got higher than 7th in the inter house cross country at school. Yr in yr out, twas my glass ceiling no matter what I tried. Always peeved me some kiddie used to beat me regular and he was always smoking behind the bike sheds.

I hope City have not reached their ceiling under Johnson. Come on lads nine cup final efforts and don't let Lee's rants get you down. Do it for the fans not for him. 

Unless I was chasing a ball then I could never see the point of running. That's what buses and Dad and his car were for in my mind. In saying that I did come 4th in cross country once but normally I would take a wrong turn and end up at home ....... strange that !!

7 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Unless I was chasing a ball then I could never see the point of running. That's what buses and Dad and his car were for in my mind. In saying that I did come 4th in cross country once but normally I would take a wrong turn and end up at home ....... strange that !!

I used to quite like cross country. The sports master used to watch us through bins from the top of the cricket pavilion but there was one blind spot where you could stop for a crafty fag. One Players No6, a match and a bit of strike down your sock and the job was a good `un.

It beat crawling under a portable Elliot classroom for one.

4 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I used to quite like cross country. The sports master used to watch us through bins from the top of the cricket pavilion but there was one blind spot where you could stop for a crafty fag. One Players No6, a match and a bit of strike down your sock and the job was a good `un.

It beat crawling under a portable Elliot classroom for one.

You better not have come inside the top 6 !!

2 hours ago, spudski said:

We aren't a top 4 team.

But there are about 12 teams in this division that we compare to, that could easily finish 5th or 6th.

Even if we made the play offs... does anyone else really think we are good enough to win it? I'm not so sure.

Yep agreed. It would be a sh1t show if we got promoted now, we'd probably look as out of place as we did first season back in the Champ, but with less chance of doing anything about it.  But I'd still take it :).

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

hahaha that was me, ok not in your school but smoked at 13 won the cross country twice and lowest finish was 4th.

Did me a lot of good mind  as I never got any promotion!!!

Anyway win at Blackburn and game on, talk about up and down, 3 weeks ago I had accepted the fact were not making the play offs, made me more relaxed.  Now with everybody else ****** up it's game on.

Cum on!!!!

3 hours ago, havanatopia said:

You better not have come inside the top 6 !!

run slowly so last, hide behind the hedge couple of fags wait for the elite group to run past on the way back and then trudge back looking knackered to have the teacher tell me not to worry you will do better next time:dunno:

never did only ever got a couple of fags in.?

5 hours ago, southvillekiddy said:

We're still 7th

Unbelievable isn’t it considering how supposedly sh*t we are according to some! All to play for now, we’ve played the beat teams already, we’ve had IMO two good draws against in form teams, so hopefully building confidence to get a few results now, looking at the fixtures we should be fearing nobody, all remaining games are winnable, Forest, Blackburn, Preston, Swansea, Cardiff are all beatable, the other games against the poor teams Down the bottom (who we have done pretty good against this season), we have a pretty good run in and beat the teams around us and we can do it!  COYR!

1 hour ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Unbelievable isn’t it considering how supposedly sh*t we are according to some! All to play for now, we’ve played the beat teams already, we’ve had IMO two good draws against in form teams, so hopefully building confidence to get a few results now, looking at the fixtures we should be fearing nobody, all remaining games are winnable, Forest, Blackburn, Preston, Swansea, Cardiff are all beatable, the other games against the poor teams Down the bottom (who we have done pretty good against this season), we have a pretty good run in and beat the teams around us and we can do it!  COYR!

Stoke and the Smoggies won’t be easy, and Wednesday are totally unpredictable. Right now, Hull look the most beatable  team in this League. Trouble is, whilst the other teams are beatable, so are we.

3 hours ago, keynshamred said:

Johnson needs 7th or higher to keep him a job. So it's going well for him. Hopefully get the top 6 though ? 

I think he'll be safe no matter where we finish. Lansdown will be happier with the devil he knows.

31 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

What's the lowest points total that's made the playoffs in the past? I think this year will probably end up being the lowest with everyone taking points off each other.

Just 6 points separate 8 teams between 6th and 13th.  Get ready for the twists and turns.

12 hours ago, BigTone said:

Tone, I did cross country to get out of Rugby as I was a footballer,also could have a fag half way round ?

We're at a point now where if we win against Blackburn and Wednesday we would have put ourselves in a great position, lose them both and the play-off hopes are all but over. 

Each round of games there will probably be a team or two knocked out of the race and it's just down to whichever team puts on a decent run. 

If you take the points from our reverse fixtures earlier in the season for our remaining games then it would leave us on 68 points if we matched those results so we probably need to do slightly better against these teams. There are a few six pointers in the next few games. 

16 hours ago, spudski said:

We aren't a top 4 team.

Lets be honest on the unlikely event of us getting promotion the likely hood of us only staying in the prem for one season is a definite bet you need to be on.

3 hours ago, wendyredredrobin said:

We need to learn how to pass the ball and keep possession before we can seriously think about the playoffs.

Yes indeed, I strongly suspect we will not be 7th anymore after the weekend games, and are more likely to finish outside the top half with LJ staying in charge. Five without a win is already our worst run of the season, don't see that ending at Blackburn.

On 08/03/2020 at 18:31, havanatopia said:

I actually won the *******'s Bank staff South West Region 3000m steeplechase chase title back in the 70's at a track in Bournemouth. I wasn't particularly good at it, or even keen on steeplechase but I had heavily indulged in an illegally exotic breakfast prior to the race and absolutely bloody smashed it!  

Wrong, wrong, so wrong.........but hilarious at the time, mind!

Archived