IGNORED

Luton, Barnsley, Charlton

havanatopia

That is the order in which they finished the 2018-2019 campaign in League 1; in 1st, 2nd and 3rd.

Today, they are together again, all in the bottom 3 of the Championship table. 

What will be the odds of all 3 going straight back down? Barnsley and Luton look particularly vulnerable.

The gulf between tier 2 and 3 is getting harder to bridge each season, that much is clear and much like tier 1 to 2 used to be which I think is now less different in standard than it once was. The levels of football are changing and standards improving in a downward motion.

14 minutes ago, ITK..... said:

Hull deserve to go down. Sold the crown jewels in January......

End of parachute payments last season - they only got 2 years worth having come straight back down! Grosicki on £60k per week?  Although they made profits in last two seasons, I wonder if their owner isn’t backing them....hence the sales and expectation to be fully self-sustainable.

Average home attendance 10-11k

18 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

End of parachute payments last season - they only got 2 years worth having come straight back down! Grosicki on £60k per week?  Although they made profits in last two seasons, I wonder if their owner isn’t backing them....hence the sales and expectation to be fully self-sustainable.

Average home attendance 10-11k

Is Maddison just on loan there? He could end up back in the Championship with Posh and replace Hull.

48 minutes ago, ITK..... said:

Hull deserve to go down. Sold the crown jewels in January......

Hull are in big trouble, they were the most obvious example of a 1 man team since argentina in 86. 

not that we would consider flogging our best player as soon as a decent offer came in of course! Just goes to show that its entirely possible to fall like a stone if you sell your best players, and the fact that we have maintained and improved our position despite doing this for years should mean some degree of credit to lj.

12 minutes ago, Simon bristol said:

Hull are in big trouble, they were the most obvious example of a 1 man team since argentina in 86. 

not that we would consider flogging our best player as soon as a decent offer came in of course! Just goes to show that its entirely possible to fall like a stone if you sell your best players, and the fact that we have maintained and improved our position despite doing this for years should mean some degree of credit to lj.

The difference is that we try to buy in better players as replacements.

29 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Oh I dunno, I’ve had some great trips to Barnsley and Boro - had a cracking night out in Barnsley after a game up there once as well - agree with you about Hull though ...

My observation on Hull is it is the last English urban stronghold of the un-ironic moustache.

1 hour ago, cityexile said:

What’s the odds on this 12 pt deducation for Sheff Wed? That would put them well in the mix as well.

If guilty I think it will be more like 16-18 points.  Because if guilty, must be aggravated too.

Archived