IGNORED

20yrs ago Beadle

Hampshire Red

On wet days like this it's good to look back and recall some of the many magic Derby wins. 

Keith Miller, Capt and first scorer. Peter Beadle playing out of his skin. That run from his own area by Aaron Brown to cross for Thorpe. The scenes inside the ground at the end and the fun behind the East End. 

We can only imagine how bad it must be being gas this Millennium, thinking back to days of going to noisy, full, good grounds and being able to compete with teams like BCFC. 

Long live YouTube! 

17 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

On wet days like this it's good to look back and recall some of the many magic Derby wins. 

Keith Miller, Capt and first scorer. Peter Beadle playing out of his skin. That run from his own area by Aaron Brown to cross for Thorpe. The scenes inside the ground at the end and the fun behind the East End. 

We can only imagine how bad it must be being gas this Millennium, thinking back to days of going to noisy, full, good grounds and being able to compete with teams like BCFC. 

Long live YouTube! 

Keith Miller, capt, all-rounder, yes, who could forget him? Liked his cricket, too, did Keith. Bit of a superstar, and popular with the ladies, so I believe, back in the day.

18 hours ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Keith Miller, capt, all-rounder, yes, who could forget him? Liked his cricket, too, did Keith. Bit of a superstar, and popular with the ladies, so I believe, back in the day.

A man who was years ahead of the Cantona's and Dier's of todays sport. Was known to have held at least two different "fans" up against the pavillion wall and asked them to repeat their criticism to his face. :) 

Still one of my top three City games in the past thirty years, and the Thorpe goal is my all-time favourite.   I remember it was played on a Friday night, the last working day before Christmas, and I suspect most fans had been in the pub since lunchtime. What an atmosphere there was!  I had a party at my house the next day and a friend and me sat and watched a recording of the whole match while the party went on around us.

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Still one of my top three City games in the past thirty years, and the Thorpe goal is my all-time favourite.   I remember it was played on a Friday night, the last working day before Christmas, and I suspect most fans had been in the pub since lunchtime. What an atmosphere there was!  I had a party at my house the next day and a friend and me sat and watched a recording of the whole match while the party went on around us.

Surprised you weren't asked to do the 125 year celebrations to be honest, you know how to throw a belter haha

• Admin
1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

I remember it was played on a Friday night, the last working day before Christmas

My random memory of the night

I was in the upstairs bar of Wedlocks and could see the old scoreboard above the Wedlock Stand and just happened to be looking out the window and thought I saw my name scroll across it.

So standing motionless afraid to blink I stared at the screen only to realise it was a birthday message for me

I was honestly sure I was pie eyed really early (or normal as is now)

My son Dan was 5 at the time and I remember the Greenun taking some pics before the game of me and my son. Imagine my surprise the following  week when they had photos with the following caption.

Daniel celebrates City,s win over Rovers with dad Vaughan.

If only I had thought to ask a few days before the game what the score was going to be I could have slept that week

23 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Long live YouTube! 

Keith Millen?

Watched this game in the Rotunda in Kingswood (yeah it was a bit stupid in hindsight!) . There were 5 of us, 3 city and 2 gas plus around 60 more gas. After one of the goals my mate got whacked over the head with a pool que. somehow the idiot managed to pick a fellow gashead to clonk out of the 5 of us.We had to be rescued by the bouncers as we were severely outnumbered . My gas mate did not have a good evening, losing to city, whacked on the bonce then stitches put in by Brian tinnions cousin!

1 hour ago, mattjb said:

Watched this game in the Rotunda in Kingswood (yeah it was a bit stupid in hindsight!) . There were 5 of us, 3 city and 2 gas plus around 60 more gas. After one of the goals my mate got whacked over the head with a pool que. somehow the idiot managed to pick a fellow gashead to clonk out of the 5 of us.We had to be rescued by the bouncers as we were severely outnumbered . My gas mate did not have a good evening, losing to city, whacked on the bonce then stitches put in by Brian tinnions cousin!

Certainly was a bit dumb watching the game in Kingswood................:boxing:

I was at the game and watching the YouTube clip I saw City using pyrotechnics. Didn’t notice at the time.

Archived