IGNORED

F.Hinds

Hampshire Red

1 hour ago, Hampshire Red said:

One assist and a goal today. I only saw him at home to Plymouth and then his dynamic display at Vicarage Road where he was stunning. Clearly had his issues since that cup run but is there any chance he could progress with us?

Pure gold mate. 

3 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

One assist and a goal today. I only saw him at home to Plymouth and then his dynamic display at Vicarage Road where he was stunning. Clearly had his issues since that cup run but is there any chance he could progress with us?

Had quite a few pot shots today and had a penalty saved as well (followed the Colchester twitter feed today - nothing at all from City that I could find).

Still time for him..

He reminds me a little of Wes Burns - has had a few cameo performances and then seems to have been forgotten about.

Both Burns and Hinds seem to have something we have lacked - a bit of pace and a good shot - surely Hinds could have been training with the first team to see if he was worth a place on the bench?

I would love to see him given a chance!

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Freddie_Hinds

Seems to have not played in a lot of different places.

Guess there are a number of factors at work in there, but if he wasn't going to get 1st team experience further down the football pyramid then it might have been more beneficial keeping him in the U23s than sending him out.

Maybe next season will be his chance to get 20 or 30 games in the National League/League 2 before coming back a more polished player.

11 hours ago, Denbury Red said:

He reminds me a little of Wes Burns - has had a few cameo performances and then seems to have been forgotten about.

Both Burns and Hinds seem to have something we have lacked - a bit of pace and a good shot - surely Hinds could have been training with the first team to see if he was worth a place on the bench?

I would love to see him given a chance!

Re burns gotta ask why a champ hasnt bought him? We are a top 10 champ team so he would of wasted his time here... we should blood youngsters but only if they are good enough!

Hopefully that will be soon although some might say our squad is too big for this to happen? 

I was told by a Cheltenham supporter that he was sent up to them to get him out of City because he was being disruptive, almost putting him on the naughty step and possible because of the relationship between City and the Johnson's. I saw him at Watford and also a few times for Bath City, always looks sharp, hopefully he has grown up a bit and we will still see the best of him.

Archived