IGNORED

Serie A has been suspended.

cityexile

5 hours ago, David Brent said:

Italy had nowhere near the levels of Italy not long ago

It’s definitely going to do the rounds. It’s not just the virus though, it’s the panic that comes with it. 
apparently people are stocking up with big rolls!

Housemates father works in politics. Says the panic buying is arguably more dangerous, make economy go bust again, prices will sky rocket, crash global economies. He is in politics though so he's probably talking out of his ass. 

10 minutes ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Housemates father works in politics. Says the panic buying is arguably more dangerous, make economy go bust again, prices will sky rocket, crash global economies. He is in politics though so he's probably talking out of his ass. 

I don’t think a few idiots buying a few extra packets of Andrex is going to cause another recession 

11 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I don’t think a few idiots buying a few extra packets of Andrex is going to cause another recession 

Asda near me has sold out of nearly everything with a long date, shops 2/3rds empty. Went in to make spag bol & all I could buy were the peppers. Although I do live in one of the most densely populated areas in the country. 

IMG-20200309-WA0028.jpeg

5 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

Asda near me has sold out of nearly everything with a long date, shops 2/3rds empty. Went in to make spag bol & all I could buy were the peppers. Although I do live in one of the most densely populated areas in the country. 

IMG-20200309-WA0028.jpeg

Feckin hate peppers..

7 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

IMG-20200309-WA0028.jpeg

Not surprised looking at that, everything on the shelves under a pound, bargain!

On 10/03/2020 at 15:32, Seneca the Younger said:

I thought increased consumer spending is good for an economy? It's when people stop buying things that you need to worry about the economy.

On 11/03/2020 at 00:41, BanburyRed said:

Not surprised looking at that, everything on the shelves under a pound, bargain!

Reminds me of a conversation that I had with a customer who questioned our delivery charge . 

He said our competitor offered free delivery, I asked him why he didn’t shop there then and he replied ‘ they hadn’t got any ‘ .

I said ‘ we deliver free of charge when we haven’t got any as well ‘ . 

On 10/03/2020 at 15:42, Phileas Fogg said:

I think it’s giving retail figures a false picture. Sales of ‘stockpiling’ things are doing well, but in my experience have bottomed out a bit now. This will have a knock on effect as those who have bought a years supply of loo roll, well won’t need any for a year so I don’t if shops will shift much more over the months. Of course this is likely to change for better or worse depending on what happens, but that is out of the control of the business.

No difficulty in getting restocked, only thing we can’t get is antibacterial handwash/gel. Everything else is on the shelves. 

On 10/03/2020 at 06:08, swanker said:

It’s definitely going to do the rounds. It’s not just the virus though, it’s the panic that comes with it. 
apparently people are stocking up with big rolls!

It's not just the virus, it's closing down any establishment where a positive case appears. I work in an nhs call centre. If we get a case we will all be ordered to self isolate/work from home and the place will close down. We don't have the technology to run the system by remote working. So one case would basically shut us down, force us to work in a different, less efficient way, causing a fair bit of chaos for the local nhs. 

Archived