IGNORED

Charlton

East Londoner

I wondered whether something was going on behind the scenes. They've dropped down the league and have only picked up 11 points since they beat us on Boxing day. Mind you this league is mad

Boro were back in the relegation zone last week after going on a decentish run a few weeks back. Long way to go yet. 

51 minutes ago, ExiledAjax said:

My favourite thing in football is rushed out, unreviewed statements by angry chairmen.

I feel sorry for media teams in this instance. They must be literally face palming 

IThe EFL appear to have charged Chatton or those involved in the takeover. Misconduct a word being mentioned.

https://londonnewsonline.co.uk/two-days-for-charlton-to-defend-charges-which-could-set-them-back-40-years/

Not read the article yet but a pretty bleak (and drastic) prognosis!! 

The EFL certainly seem terribly proactive under Parry (and did to an extent, under Jevans) ...

During lockdown though they've:

1) Withdrawn charges v Chansiri and others. 

2) Appealed the Birmingham verdict.

2) Set a date for the Sheffield Wednesday verdict.

4) The Derby one too. 

5) Now this.

This is not the first or last club this will happen to in the next few months. The face of football is going to change forever. Maybe for the better IMO.

We are so fortunate to have SL but even he must be feeling the effect of a volatile stock market.

35 minutes ago, BigTone said:

This is not the first or last club this will happen to in the next few months. The face of football is going to change forever. Maybe for the better IMO.

We are so fortunate to have SL but even he must be feeling the effect of a volatile stock market.

He`ll be OK. He`s bought three trillion barrels of oil at $0 a barrel and is currently having it pumped via a secret undersea pipeline to a vast reservoir constructed in the old German fortress facilities in Guernsey. It`s all part of his plan for world domination.

Mwahahaha!

I genuinely thought that the EFL had more teeth than this when it came to a new owner:

In documents sent to the club, seen by Standard Sport, the EFL allege that the takeover went ahead without sign-off from the League and say they warned Charlton they were proceeding “at their own risk”.

Archived