IGNORED

Mendes, Wilder and the SAS

The Original OTIB

27 minutes ago, elhombrecito said:

And there was me thinking that these stories/interviews only appeared when we were on a good run and he wanted to show off? :dunno:

Yes, odd timing. Maybe he's opening the door for a new job in the summer.

Disclaimer: as I've said many times before, I like Lee Johnson, and many of the things he has achieved, in particular how he set us up away from home.

However garbage like this is why it's always so easy for his detractors to make fun of him. And makes it hard for me to take him seriously at times too.

What does knowing that motorcyclists in Cirque du Soleil's "Motorcycle Globe of Death" act need split second timing, allow him to pass onto his team?

That they need to be in sync? And that's a detailed or revelatory lesson? And now he wants to go and see a top choir to learn how they all keep tempo?

These are vanity lessons he uses to embellish his own profile for the media. These insights add next to nothing to the team's development, how can it?

My main gripe with LJ is he's avoided practical experience at the sharp end in his own domain - lower league success, experienced mentor, you name it.

You can't earn that experience by looking at "nearest equivalent" (or worst, most "novel" metaphor). It's a quick learning, but it is not "been there done it".

The experiences people need in any industry - and which LJ is always most conspicuously struggling with - are knowing how to solve familiar problems.

I don't want to be operated on by a surgeon who hasn't studied medicine but knows how McLaren change their tyres. I want LJ to learn the job he's doing.

Cirque du Soleil's "Motorcycle Globe of Death" - all busy bees.

Bike%20Ball-L.jpg

12 minutes ago, Olé said:

However garbage like this is why it's always so easy for his detractors to make fun of him,

Ain’t that the truth. Here’s me enjoying a week off from LJ bashing because we put in a relatively decent performance and this is my reward. 

I don’t mind arrogance if it’s been earned; Shane Warne, Floyd Mayweather, that Brazilian **** at PSG. But there’s nothing worse than misplaced arrogance. And LJ has done nothing to Justify him peddling bollocks like this. 

He is just David Brent... “you know... win 442 magazine’s 8th best European manager under 40 and pull a daft face!”

13 minutes ago, Fordy62 said:

Ain’t that the truth. Here’s me enjoying a week off from LJ bashing because we put in a relatively decent performance and this is my reward. 

I don’t mind arrogance if it’s been earned; Shane Warne, Floyd Mayweather, that Brazilian **** at PSG. But there’s nothing worse than misplaced arrogance. And LJ has done nothing to Justify him peddling bollocks like this. 

He is just David Brent... “you know... win 442 magazine’s 8th best European manager under 40 and pull a daft face!”

Much better if he stuck to:

“I went to RB Leipzig to see their 4222 formation and how they coached it....I then used it for 45 minutes v West Brom, going 3-0 up inside 20 minutes and catching them by surprise”.

That’s the meaningful stuff, and stuff us fans can give him real credit for.  More of this please Lee, unless your time in the NHS means you know how to make a vaccine for Covid-19.

'a trip to meet the super agent in Porto towards the end of last season. He attended seven matches and cast his eye over players, including Pedro Pereira, who joined on loan from Benfica last summer.'

Wasn't Pereira on loan at Genoa?

• Admin
7 hours ago, Olé said:

Yes, odd timing. Maybe he's opening the door for a new job in the summer.

He has certainly laid down that it shouldn’t be a surprise if he goes, either sacked or headhunted, but again, it doesn’t take a Mensa Master to work that out given the precarious nature of a football Managers job.

7 hours ago, Fordy62 said:

is that not a justifiable offence for arrest or should you just be giving him a tickle ?

SAS?

Hardly a unit you'd rock up to and say: 'Do you mind if I shadow you for a day or two, I'm looking to see what pressure feels like'.
They might very well have said: 'Sure, come and sit here amongst these targets, we'll be back in a minute'
If that's the case, I take me hat off to him.

8 hours ago, hodge said:

'a trip to meet the super agent in Porto towards the end of last season. He attended seven matches and cast his eye over players, including Pedro Pereira, who joined on loan from Benfica last summer.'

Wasn't Pereira on loan at Genoa?

Looking at wiki, yes he was

Never heard of the young lad below from the article..

Ashton discussed the flow of St George’s Park with Dan Ashworth, the former Football Association technical director who now holds the same post at Brighton. Ayman Benarous, an England Under-17s midfielder and Dylan Kadji, an under-16s forward, have trained with the first team in recent weeks but the new training ground, due for completion next year, is expected to smooth the pathway to the first team

Has anyone seen him play? 

16 minutes ago, RedRoss said:

Never heard of the young lad below from the article..

Ashton discussed the flow of St George’s Park with Dan Ashworth, the former Football Association technical director who now holds the same post at Brighton. Ayman Benarous, an England Under-17s midfielder and Dylan Kadji, an under-16s forward, have trained with the first team in recent weeks but the new training ground, due for completion next year, is expected to smooth the pathway to the first team

Has anyone seen him play? 

https://mobile.twitter.com/tinnion_brian/status/1085092545670062085

Archived