IGNORED

Mendes, Wilder and the SAS

The Original OTIB

19 hours ago, Olé said:

Disclaimer: as I've said many times before, I like Lee Johnson, and many of the things he has achieved, in particular how he set us up away from home.

However garbage like this is why it's always so easy for his detractors to make fun of him. And makes it hard for me to take him seriously at times too.

What does knowing that motorcyclists in Cirque du Soleil's "Motorcycle Globe of Death" act need split second timing, allow him to pass onto his team?

That they need to be in sync? And that's a detailed or revelatory lesson? And now he wants to go and see a top choir to learn how they all keep tempo?

These are vanity lessons he uses to embellish his own profile for the media. These insights add next to nothing to the team's development, how can it?

My main gripe with LJ is he's avoided practical experience at the sharp end in his own domain - lower league success, experienced mentor, you name it.

You can't earn that experience by looking at "nearest equivalent" (or worst, most "novel" metaphor). It's a quick learning, but it is not "been there done it".

The experiences people need in any industry - and which LJ is always most conspicuously struggling with - are knowing how to solve familiar problems.

I don't want to be operated on by a surgeon who hasn't studied medicine but knows how McLaren change their tyres. I want LJ to learn the job he's doing.

Cirque du Soleil's "Motorcycle Globe of Death" - all busy bees.

Bike%20Ball-L.jpg

I sing in a top choir and there is no secret to how we keep tempo -

REPETITION 

REPETITION  , 

RÉPÉTITION. 

We also have a choirmaster who knows how to get a tune out of us !

Archived