IGNORED

Johnson Press Conference - Identity

SuperRed

49 minutes ago, Roe said:

LJ's best press conference in months imo.

Just listen from 18 mins on when he's talking about how many players we're producing now etc. Very convincing and he seems absolute in his belief of it as well.

?... He needs to put up or shut up and start getting them involved in the squad. If we keep signing squad fillers then they'll never get a shot.

Yep.  I have been critical of some of the press conferences but stuff like this is enlightening .  So much better than 'on our day we can beat.....' sort of stuff.  

When you listen to this you cannot but help but believe the future is bright.  Also talks about Kaisey Palmer  and this is revealing and the talent we have coming through.   is it McGregor asking the questions, seems to be two  interviewers?

51 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

?... He needs to put up or shut up and start getting them involved in the squad. If we keep signing squad fillers then they'll never get a shot.

You know I generally agree with this man but his explanation of how many players we're bringing through almost has me convinced.

I think the plan needs a bit of tweaking to allow more opportunities for our own younger players but at least we do have a solid plan in place.

9 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Just what we would want to hear from a manager. Those on here 'not wanting to listen to what he has to say' must have limited interest in the Club and the excitement around the current team and play off potential. Go find another team? 

Can't argue with that.

Excellent half an hour interview.

10 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Just what we would want to hear from a manager. Those on here 'not wanting to listen to what he has to say' must have limited interest in the Club and the excitement around the current team and play off potential. Go find another team? 

Jam tomorrow. We’ll have jam tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, spudski said:

Really good interview and informative.

Agree. He also seemed really upbeat too - hopefully the players are feeling equally positive and confident following the performance v Fulham and we may go on one of our good runs. 

1 hour ago, SuperRed said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/BristolCity/status/1237825620329017346

Just about to give this a listen, hoping the identity mystery will finally be solved. 

Charlatan is that man. 

Anyone who can talk around something for years, yes years, and never actually explain what they mean is one of them. 

33 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

24 minutes ago, bcfc01 said:

Can't argue with that.

Excellent half an hour interview.

The current squad has the potential to ‘excite’ us - but are you really ‘excited’ or experiencing ‘excitement’ whilst watching them at the moment?

The ‘Go find another team’ comment to those who may have the temerity to disagree with you @Hampshire Red is a bit tiresome and argumentative - supporters and fans of Bristol City FC are perfectly entitled to have the opinion that our head coach talks a fair amount of tripe and express the view that his team doesn’t ‘excite’ us without getting the ‘superfan’ treatment from your good self ...

47 minutes ago, Roe said:

You know I generally agree with this man but his explanation of how many players we're bringing through almost has me convinced.

I think the plan needs a bit of tweaking to allow more opportunities for our own younger players but at least we do have a solid plan in place.

If the club do that. Then that'll be grand.

Why aren't they doing it already? Who thought it would be a good plan to block the pathway with players like Rodri, Marinovic, Williams, Henriksen, Watkins, Adelakun, Eisa, and others.

5 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

Why aren't they doing it already? Who thought it would be a good plan to block the pathway with players like Rodri, Marinovic, Williams, Henriksen, Watkins, Adelakun, Eisa, and others.

Theres a risk that if they dont perform whilst we are chasing to be playoff contenders , the player and manager would get a load of stick. Semenyo against leeds last season for example. Regarding the players you mentioned though like Eisa and Adelakun, they just didn't payoff. LJ thought they could play top end champ football and they couldn't for whatever reason. Win some lose some!

23 minutes ago, Shtanley said:

This summer is big.  We could go into next season with Moore, Walsh, Morrell, Massengo and Dasilva in our XI. That’s nearly half a team. Hard to see how we could have many more.  There have definitely been panic signings but we have to hope they have been a lesson learnt. Time will tell I guess 

3 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

I’ll wait until the books come out.

Which one?

How I won the Premiership
The LJ formula
Being a lovechild
Braveheart
The LJ 7 ways to win
Destiny's child
It's all in the DNA
Droning and me
LJs guide to management