IGNORED

Liverpool

Unan

26 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

yep  shows that defending is an art form, and they defended brilliantly. Part of the game. Deserved the result TBH. Man City year ?  The virus might put paid to that 

I really enjoy it when a team knows how to defend, everyone working together and knowing what's needed from them. No messing about with the ball at the back, the further away the ball is from your own goal the less chance of conceding. Its been so frustrating seeing teams playing out from the back and losing possession then conceding. Sam Allardyce said at the beginning of the season it will be interesting to see how many goals are scored from passing out from the GK compared with how many conceded from it. 

That gk Oblak is the best in the world in my eyes. 

19 minutes ago, DT The Optimist said:

yep  shows that defending is an art form, and they defended brilliantly. Part of the game. Deserved the result TBH. Man City year ?  The virus might put paid to that 

Defending is a art form no doubt as they have shown in years gone by but let’s be honest and take a neutral point of view they were at 6s and 7s tonight and had Liverpool had a top finisher they would of been dead and buried 

6 minutes ago, joe jordans teeth said:

Defending is a art form no doubt as they have shown in years gone by but let’s be honest and take a neutral point of view they were at 6s and 7s tonight and had Liverpool had a top finisher they would of been dead and buried 

Yeah true but there's been countless games this season Liverpool wouldn't have won if the other team had a top finisher 

49 minutes ago, paul_fox said:

Yeah true but there's been countless games this season Liverpool wouldn't have won if the other team had a top finisher 

Yeh that’s true,it’s just people earlier in the thread were saying it was a great defensive display as if it was a Italian team in the 80s who never gave you a sniff let alone 7 gilt edged chances 

4 hours ago, Hare Island said:

Mods can we move this? Irrelevant 

40D825E2-DED0-4475-8AD3-B117B94FE30D.png

All things football a clue, as was the thread title ‘Liverpool’.  Quite clear, not sure what you’re complaining about unless someone went full ‘Clockwork Orange’ and forced you to read the thread.

Atletico are a funny one. Bit of a thriller that game but in general.

Despite signing in recent times (on paper) better and more adventurous, younger players- certainly pricier, they seem to have become in some respects more defence first.

Few years ago ie year they won title and made breakout into CL, reaching final first season, early Simeone years- do watch a bit of La Liga- they did seem to score more and had a wider range of approach in their game. Liverpool were great and if not for Oblak etc would have scored quite a few, Atletico showed great character but it's an odd one in that the more they've spent and tried to progress the style, the less goals they seem to score in general.

Their team in the early Simeone years had quite a bit more to it IMO. More varied. 

Adrian's rick cost Liverpool.

22 hours ago, Seneca the Younger said:

A Tale of 2 Keepers

Bang on. Oblak is still the number 1 keeper in the world in my book. I know people say alisson and ederson and some still throw in Neuer and Ter Stegen but this guy is top of the tree. 

As for Adrian, well less said the better. Absolute lottery win playing in that side when alisson is injured. Is he dating a relative of Klopp? 

His message to the fans. Top bloke

I don’t think this is a moment where the thoughts of a football manager should be important, but I understand for our supporters they will want to hear from the team and I will front that.

First and foremost, all of us have to do whatever we can to protect one another. In society I mean. This should be the case all the time in life, but in this moment I think it matters more than ever.

I’ve said before that football always seems the most important of the least important things. Today, football and football matches really aren’t important at all.

Of course, we don’t want to play in front of an empty stadium and we don’t want games or competitions suspended, but if doing so helps one individual stay healthy - just one - we do it no questions asked.

If it’s a choice between football and the good of the wider society, it’s no contest. Really, it isn’t.

Today’s decision and announcement is being implemented with the motive of keeping people safe. Because of that we support it completely. We have seen members of teams we compete against become ill. This virus has shown that being involved in football offers no immunity. To our rival clubs and individuals who are affected and to those who later will become so, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

None of us know in this moment what the final outcome will be, but as a team we have to have belief that the authorities make decisions based on sound judgement and morality.

Yes, I am the manager of this team and club and therefore carry a leadership responsibility with regards to our future on the pitch. But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

The message from the team to our supporters is only about your well-being. Put your health first. Don’t take any risk. Think about the vulnerable in our society and act where possible with compassion for them.

Please look after yourselves and look out for each other.

You’ll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen

29 minutes ago, Super said:

His message to the fans. Top bloke

I don’t think this is a moment where the thoughts of a football manager should be important, but I understand for our supporters they will want to hear from the team and I will front that.

First and foremost, all of us have to do whatever we can to protect one another. In society I mean. This should be the case all the time in life, but in this moment I think it matters more than ever.

I’ve said before that football always seems the most important of the least important things. Today, football and football matches really aren’t important at all.

Of course, we don’t want to play in front of an empty stadium and we don’t want games or competitions suspended, but if doing so helps one individual stay healthy - just one - we do it no questions asked.

If it’s a choice between football and the good of the wider society, it’s no contest. Really, it isn’t.

Today’s decision and announcement is being implemented with the motive of keeping people safe. Because of that we support it completely. We have seen members of teams we compete against become ill. This virus has shown that being involved in football offers no immunity. To our rival clubs and individuals who are affected and to those who later will become so, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

None of us know in this moment what the final outcome will be, but as a team we have to have belief that the authorities make decisions based on sound judgement and morality.

Yes, I am the manager of this team and club and therefore carry a leadership responsibility with regards to our future on the pitch. But I think in the present moment, with so many people around our city, the region, the country and the world facing anxiety and uncertainty, it would be entirely wrong to speak about anything other than advising people to follow expert advice and look after themselves and each other.

The message from the team to our supporters is only about your well-being. Put your health first. Don’t take any risk. Think about the vulnerable in our society and act where possible with compassion for them.

Please look after yourselves and look out for each other.

You’ll Never Walk Alone,
Jürgen

fair play to him - there's always that 'good German' isn't there :D 

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

That must have hurt - but fair comment Dave ...

Nah, not at all. Football fan at my heart. Got to appreciate the opposition sometimes. Even at AG is an opposition players produces a piece of brilliance or scores a lovely goal I won’t necessarily clap, but I might applaud it inwardly. 

4 hours ago, JonDolman said:

Classic from Steve McManaman when watching Atletico goal back in slow motion. 'It's like slow motion watching the ball go into the back of the net!'

Nearly as good as Ian Rush's comment, when asked what it was like moving to Italy to play for Juventus.

Rush replied that "it was like living in a foreign country". ( although Rush has since denied he actually said it)

Archived