IGNORED

Forest Away

Hampshire Red

Staying with official virus updates. 

BBC says this morning neither Forest nor EFL can confirm if their future games will be played. Seems to me like season could be delayed or cancelled, OR could one club (Forest) just be suspended mid seasin-dunno

Either way Saturday could be our last trip for a while. CoYRs 

2 minutes ago, Hampshire Red said:

Staying with official virus updates. 

BBC says this morning neither Forest nor EFL can confirm if their future games will be played. Seems to me like season could be delayed or cancelled, OR could one club (Forest) just be suspended mid seasin-dunno

Either way Saturday could be our last trip for a while. CoYRs 

Be surprised if game is on

6 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Forest players and staff have all tested negative.

Not sure how reliable one test is. This is from Cycling News website today:

The Gazprom-RusVelo team have confirmed that Dmitry Strakhov has tested positive for the coronavirus Covid-19 in the United Arab Emirates after undergoing a fifth test. 

Strakhov said he is in good health but is in hospital. He is the first rider to be named as positive after the UAE Tour was cut short and all riders and staff on the race were held in hotels during testing.

1 hour ago, Loosey Boy said:

Me too - think their games could well be off for a few weeks

For what reason? Was discussed yesterday and I thought they all tested negative?

edit I see others already posted this. I can’t see one team having issues it’ll be all teams or nothing. Forest fans aren’t likely to be at any greater risk than anyone else unless they came into contact with the owner

7 minutes ago, Drew Peacock said:

Forest players and staff have all tested negative.

I thought this thread was about the risk to Forest players causing their games specifically being postponed, rather than the general situation. That was the point of my post. If they have tested negative there is no reason to postpone.

Whether it is behind closed doors is a separate question.

If the Forest players have tested negative then it’s not about players, it’s about crowds. So no reason our game specifically would be targeted.

We’ll know later this morning, after the governments cobra meeting, whether a more general ban on all games will be imposed. BBC news this morning suggested that was unlikely. 

2 hours ago, phantom said:

To me letting Cheltenham go ahead this week is a clear indicator on what is likely to happen

well i wont be watching any 'winners' then!. Better to call the whole season off now; stop Leeds getting promoted and then we go up next year as we will anyway!

1 hour ago, phantom said:

I agree that it has potentially opened up to the disease spreading - it will be interesting to hear if anyone gets infected from being at Cheltenham

Although as individuals they can choose not to go......I won't hold my breath mind.

Archived