IGNORED

Factory Gate

where's the joy

I used to go to watch football at Ashton Gate, now i self isolate; and take pride from the players we get to the factory gate.

at other clubs

So should the original 1982 'eight' be proud of what's been going on, of late?

Well winning things doesn't matter so much, nor does entertainment, because its all about how we gyrate.

Tombola formations, random selections, blame the players not the boss, because his job is just to help the club elevate

Not through climbing the football league, but in adding value to each players exit price to make funds that generate

Soon we will sign players, never see them play for 'us' and sell them out to other clubs for a profit, taking pride only in the cash difference, before we hyper ventilate.

No longer are we just a sh*t Southampton we are now a fully functioning Factory and conveyor belt; no glory or cup finals to cheer, just more dosh to articulate.

and if you ignore the factory gate, well that would make you aston villa and for that we should celebrate. 

As per the OP’s name - where is the joy?

Random, almost desperate attempt to find words which almost rhyme even if they don’t quite convey the intended message. 

I am so glad I’m way too old to have to listen to (c)rap ‘music like this ?.

Everyone to their own but will this generation really look back misty eyed in their twilight years on this sort of shouty ‘music’?

2 hours ago, where's the joy said:

I used to go to watch football at Ashton Gate, now i self isolate; and take pride from the players we get to the factory gate.

at other clubs

So should the original 1982 'eight' be proud of what's been going on, of late?

Well winning things doesn't matter so much, nor does entertainment, because its all about how we gyrate.

Tombola formations, random selections, blame the players not the boss, because his job is just to help the club elevate

Not through climbing the football league, but in adding value to each players exit price to make funds that generate

Soon we will sign players, never see them play for 'us' and sell them out to other clubs for a profit, taking pride only in the cash difference, before we hyper ventilate.

No longer are we just a sh*t Southampton we are now a fully functioning Factory and conveyor belt; no glory or cup finals to cheer, just more dosh to articulate.

and if you ignore the factory gate, well that would make you aston villa and for that we should celebrate. 

Your post rhymes . 

Go to Blackburn and give us a sensible, relevant thread about BCFC. It's huge as is Millwall v Derby (Rowett calling for a packed Den) 

Hopefully a significant number of OTiB readers will actually go to the game rather than making up such nonsense as this. 

It's a big, big game and just a few hrs up the motorway, Come On You Reds 

Archived