IGNORED

If your going to Blackburn,a bit of nostalgia for you to visit

We travel all this way to see our football match's and never know what is in and around the aerial

So not the 4,000 holes that John Lennon of the Beatles sang about on the Sgt Pepper album  titled "day in the life" ASK YOUR GRAND PARENTS

Darwen just to the South of Blackburn was where a Norman Wisdom film was filmed,called there was a crooked man

Film was never released until 2017 as it featured an American General(N.W.) blowing up a British town.

The USA asked if the Brits could not released the film as it did not make the USA look good.

As this was at the time of Bay of Pigs incident ASK YOUR GRAND PARENTS

See all you hoardes at Blackburn (and Darwen) on Saturday

1 hour ago, Never to the dark side said:

We travel all this way to see our football match's and never know what is in and around the aerial

So not the 4,000 holes that John Lennon of the Beatles sang about on the Sgt Pepper album  titled "day in the life" ASK YOUR GRAND PARENTS

Darwen just to the South of Blackburn was where a Norman Wisdom film was filmed,called there was a crooked man

Film was never released until 2017 as it featured an American General(N.W.) blowing up a British town.

The USA asked if the Brits could not released the film as it did not make the USA look good.

As this was at the time of Bay of Pigs incident ASK YOUR GRAND PARENTS

See all you hoardes at Blackburn (and Darwen) on Saturday

My son is 11 and he loves the Beatles and knows all about the holes in Blackburn Lancashire.  No need to ask your grandparents, instead educate the young by playing them good music!

(He’s not up to speed on the Bay of Pigs yet though...)

2 hours ago, pongo88 said:

I’ve realised there is a secret code buried in every @Never to the dark side post. I haven’t quite cracked it but I’m getting close 

Do try and keep up!.

Blackburn away is the catalyst for Norman Wisdom, banned Norman Wisdom films and the Talking pictures Tv channel.

Happens every visit ,you could set your watch by it.

1 hour ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Do try and keep up!.

Blackburn away is the catalyst for Norman Wisdom, banned Norman Wisdom films and the Talking pictures Tv channel.

Happens every visit ,you could set your watch by it.

Much more interesting (?) is the fact that Norman Wisdom was very popular in Albania, particularly with the dictator Enver Hoxha. He believed that Wisdom’s films displayed victorious struggles against capitalism that were a Communist parable on the class war. If only City could play a friendly in Albania, what fun @Never to the dark side could have

Archived