IGNORED

What will you do instead?

WhistleHappy

3 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

Sounds like me when the Doris is working away.

Cat and Wheel pub and posting shite on here.

(To be fair, I mostly do that when she isn't working away as well).

Do they still do Black Rat in there Rob?Could be the perfect place to self isolate.Best stock up on bog roll though if you are planning two weeks drinking that though!

Mrs Downend has suggested bedroom activities on Saturdays and midweek to fill the void, although I have told her that I really need a full pre-season to manage Saturday-Tuesday fixtures week in, week out. She did ask if I knew what my identity was, so I showed her my passport as a reminder.

Im expecting her to concentrate on a strong defence, as she's spent many seasons honeing this tactic. I plan to counter with a high press and try to play down the flanks as she will be expecting a frontal attack.

45 minutes each way with a shoot out if we are all square after 90 minutes.  Im just wondering whether Mrs D will come out on top in what will surely be a low scoring affair.:shocking:

14 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Mrs Downend has suggested bedroom activities on Saturdays and midweek to fill the void, although I have told her that I really need a full pre-season to manage Saturday-Tuesday fixtures week in, week out. She did ask if I knew what my identity was, so I showed her my passport as a reminder.

Im expecting her to concentrate on a strong defence, as she's spent many seasons honeing this tactic. I plan to counter with a high press and try to play down the flanks as she will be expecting a frontal attack.

45 minutes each way with a shoot out if we are all square after 90 minutes.  Im just wondering whether Mrs D will come out on top in what will surely be a low scoring affair.:shocking:

May I make myself available as an impact sub,if it goes to extra time?

7 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

All well and good for them...

but theres no bog roll's in the shops, so what do you do when you run out of old tee-shirts?  ?

I’ve got loads - bought 6 cases in response to those irresponsible ****s bulk buying. 
Special offer to my wonderful OTIB friends - only £5 per roll. 
£10 for the general public
£15 for Rovers fans

35 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Just try not to shoot too soon Downend - the atmosphere will go flat and the game will peter out.......

• Admin

Take a look at just some of Google’s top museums that are offering online tours and exhibits.

British Museum, London

This iconic museum located in the heart of London allows virtual visitors to tour the Great Court and discover the ancient Rosetta Stone and Egyptian mummies. You can also find hundreds of artifacts on the museum’s virtual tour.

Guggenheim Museum, New York

Google’s Street View feature lets visitors tour the Guggenheim’s famous spiral staircase without ever leaving home. From there, you can discover incredible works of art from the Impressionist, Post-Impressionist, Modern and Contemporary eras.

National Gallery of Art, Washington, D.C.

This famous American art museum features two online exhibits through Google. The first is an exhibit of American fashion from 1740 to 1895, including many renderings of clothes from the colonial and Revolutionary eras. The second is a collection of works from Dutch Baroque painter Johannes Vermeer.

Musée d’Orsay, Paris

You can virtually walk through this popular gallery that houses dozens of famous works from French artists who worked and lived between 1848 and 1914. Get a peek at artworks from Monet, Cézanne, and Gauguin, among others.

National Museum of Modern and Contemporary Art, Seoul

One of Korea’s popular museums can be accessed from anywhere around the world. Google’s virtual tour takes you through six floors of Contemporary art from Korea and all over the globe.

Pergamon Museum, Berlin

As one of Germany’s largest museums, Pergamon has a lot to offer – even if you can’t physically be there. This historical museum is home to plenty of ancient artifacts including the Ishtar Gate of Babylon and, of course, the Pergamon Altar.

Rijksmuseum, Amsterdam

Explore the masterworks from the Dutch Golden Age, including works from Vermeer and Rembrandt. Google offers a Street View tour of this iconic museum, so you can feel as if you’re actually wandering its halls.

Van Gogh Museum, Amsterdam

Anyone who is a fan of this tragic, ingenious painter can see his works up close (or, almost up close) by virtually visiting this museum – the largest collection of artworks by Vincent van Gogh, including over 200 paintings, 500 drawings, and over 750 personal letters.

The J. Paul Getty Museum, Los Angeles

European artworks from as far back as the 8th Century can be found in this California art museum. Take a Street View tour to discover a huge collection of paintings, drawings, sculptures, manuscripts, and photographs.

Uffizi Gallery, Florence

This less well-known gallery houses the art collection of one of Florence, Italy’s most famous families, the de'Medicis. The building was designed by Giorgio Vasari in 1560 specifically for Cosimo I de'Medici, but anyone can wander its halls from anywhere in the world.

MASP, São Paulo

The Museu de Arte de São Paulo is a non-profit and Brazil’s first modern museum. Artworks placed on clear perspex frames make it seem like the artwork is hovering in midair. Take a virtual tour to experience the wondrous display for yourself.

National Museum of Anthropology, Mexico City

Built in 1964, this museum is dedicated to the archaeology and history of Mexico’s pre-Hispanic heritage. There are 23 exhibit roomsfilled with ancient artifacts, including some from the Mayan civilization.

Sadly, not all popular art museums and galleries could be included on Google Arts & Culture’s collection, but some museums are taking it upon themselves to offer online visits. According to Fast Company, the Louvre also offers virtual tours on its website.

To see more of Google Arts & Culture’s collection of museums, visit the collection’s website. There are thousands of museum Street Views on Google as well. Google Arts & Culture also has an online experience forexploring famous historic and cultural heritagesites.

10 minutes ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

Just try not to shoot too soon Downend - the atmosphere will go flat and the game will peter out.......

I have to get close in before shooting these days, as I no longer have the ability to score from long  range.

I can dribble pretty well though although Mrs D isn't to happy if my dribbling is coincident with a box entry.

8 hours ago, City18 said:

Get over to Wilkins in Wedmore, couple pints of dry will kill off any traces of covid-19

.wilkins cider will kill any germs / the world health organisation need to go there get a test tube do what they do and job done.

Every July we go on  a trip from the Sange and on the Sunday I feel like death the next day.

4 minutes ago, Benjiman_LFC said:

I will hopefully still be watching some football tomorrow. Boreham Wood vs Torquay Utd is still on as it stands. Other than that I'll be watching a lot of Netflix 

I’m afraid the Torquay game is off as they share facilities with Arsenal - https://www.borehamwoodfootballclub.co.uk/uncategorized/urgent-club-statement/

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

Best keep her happy otherwise she might prefer to play away?

3 hours ago, downendcity said:

Latest update:

Tomorrow's game postponed due a waterlogged pitch - Mrs D forgot to wear her incontinence pants! :) 

I must admit to being a bit concerned, as Mrs D mentioned that she needs a  pitch marked out  for the rugby team fixture next Friday!

7 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Latest update:

Tomorrow's game postponed due a waterlogged pitch - Mrs D forgot to wear her incontinence pants! :) 

I must admit to being a bit concerned, as Mrs D mentioned that she needs a  pitch marked out  for the rugby team fixture next Friday!

if Mrs D is quite tall you can probably mark one tryline by her bellybutton not sure about the other tryline though:dunno:

Archived