IGNORED

What will you do instead?

WhistleHappy

2 minutes ago, BigTone said:

We are in Malta Hav

Bloody nuisance Tone. Well you can always go out and shoot some flying things. They like doing that in Malta... Have a go at the bats; after all it's all their fault along with the Chinese and you cannot really shoot one of them although I am sure many would just love to.

4 hours ago, downendcity said:

Downendcity match day thread:

My home form is predictable and lacking in attacking flair but has got results. Im thinking of picking Kasey Palmer as I don't think Mrs D could cope with his unpredictability and the excitement he could bring.  Also I think KP could last the full 90 minutes, while I usually need a bit of a rest after the warm up and lack much pace these days.

Due to coronavirus today's match will, of course, be played behind closed doors!

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

Good start. All Downendcity but as usual, no penetration.

Mrs D watched Athletico in the week and using similar shithouse tactics , feigning injury and headaches to draw sympathy from the ref. One attempt early on but VAR confirmed it didn't cross the line.

FFS!

Downendcity with all the pressure late on. Pushing for an opening and just needs one chance.

I can see it coming though.

Good start. All Downendcity but as usual, no penetration.

Mrs D watched Athletico in the week and using similar shithouse tactics , feigning injury and headaches to draw sympathy from the ref. One attempt early on but VAR confirmed it didn't cross the line.

FFS!

3 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Downendcity with all the pressure late on. Pushing for an opening and just needs one chance.

I can see it coming though.

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yes

Yeeeeessssssssssss!

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

Bloody nuisance Tone. Well you can always go out and shoot some flying things. They like doing that in Malta... Have a go at the bats; after all it's all their fault along with the Chinese and you cannot really shoot one of them although I am sure many would just love to.

The 2 Indian guys on the balcony next to us are in my sights. They insist on using their phones on loudspeaker while shouting at them. I'm sure the families in Mumbai can hear them without the need for a phone.

Obviously, no MOTD tonight.

Just on the off chance you may be interested, Sky Atlantic is broadcasting the film "Gia" at 9.00pm tonight.

However, I feel I must warn potential viewers, this film contains swearing, drug abuse, nudity, hetero and lesbian sex scenes.

45 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Bloody hell, that will test your relationship with mrs bigtone ???

I have had to undertake 2 clandestine visits to the Supermarket today. The first on was for Shampoo, Conditioner & styling mousse. The second was to buy an Emery board because she had broken a nail (pity it wasn't her ****ing neck but hey ho I bought wine as well).

Have had to sit her down and try and explain our situation and how it doesn't include problems with her cuticles !!

For anyone that has Amazon Prime and is a cricket fan like me I stumbled across ‘A Test of Character’ which a documentary series involving the Australian Test  team starting from the fall out from the ball tampering disgrace in SA.

Its how they go about recovering and building a new team.  It’s an enjoyable watch if you’re into cricket.

1 hour ago, 22A said:

Obviously, no MOTD tonight.

Just on the off chance you may be interested, Sky Atlantic is broadcasting the film "Gia" at 9.00pm tonight.

However, I feel I must warn potential viewers, this film contains swearing, drug abuse, nudity, hetero and lesbian sex scenes.

I'm lesbian myself so no great problem 

I had a fun day chasing a game to watch yesterday. I had tickets to Rotherham vs Southend which was gone on the friday. We then decided on Boreham Wood which soon followed suit. We were driving to Bromley yesterday afternoon when it was announced that one of the Chorley players had shown symptoms of COVID19 so that was gone too. Luckily we were very close to Dulwich Hamlet so ended up watching their game against Hemel Hempstead. Decent game too, Hamlet came from a goal down to snatch a 2-1 victory in front of over 2300 fans. Not bad for a team struggling in the 6th tier.

Not really changed anything for me up until now, I was in Torquay for a gig yesterday, few empty seat I guess may have been as a result. That meant I wouldn't have been at Blackburn anyway, the wife would have hated me being on the phone all afternoon so one bonus for her, the lack of midweek sport will be the first thing I'll really miss, but it's the wider effect. Next week me, the wife , her 3 sisters and assorted partners and family were due in Essex for Mothers day, first time in ages all the girls could have be there for the day. With the Mother in Law being in her 70's not sure it's the best idea, so I will have 4 full days to fill. Cinema is the only thing I can think of doing without drinking myself into a stupor .

On 14/03/2020 at 16:28, Robbored said:

For anyone that has Amazon Prime and is a cricket fan like me I stumbled across ‘A Test of Character’ which a documentary series involving the Australian Test  team starting from the fall out from the ball tampering disgrace in SA.

Saw the first part earlier, enjoyed that but I still get so wound up with the teary interviews after getting caught. Mrs wasn't that keen so might try again later.

19 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Saw the first part earlier, enjoyed that but I still get so wound up with the teary interviews after getting caught. Mrs wasn't that keen so might try again later.

It’s gets better 1960maaan.  Stick with it.

I really enjoyed it - especially how they were told to act with the media and also the coaches meeting. Fascinating stuff and highly recommended for any cricket buff.

2 minutes ago, Robbored said:

It’s gets better 1960maaan.  Stick with it.

I really enjoyed it - especially how they were told to act with the media and also the coaches meeting. Fascinating stuff and highly recommended for any cricket buff.

Another one I'll have to watch when the wife is out, she got fed up with Langer's F'ing and Jeffing. 

Another good one was the Edge , very interesting look at the mental side/problems in the England team.

7 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Another one I'll have to watch when the wife is out, she got fed up with Langer's F'ing and Jeffing. 

Another good one was the Edge , very interesting look at the mental side/problems in the England team.

I’ll search for the Edge on Amazon Prime. 

10 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Just watched the intro. Looks fascinating already but I’ve got other stuff to catch up on. It’s on my list........

If you’re into golf. 
‘ The short game ‘ is well worth a watch. It’s about young kids in the USA that are highly talented golfers. Anna Kornakova’s brother is one of the talented kids.

30 minutes ago, Bobby Bollax said:

If you’re into golf. 
‘ The short game ‘ is well worth a watch. It’s about young kids in the USA that are highly talented golfers. Anna Kornakova’s brother is one of the talented kids.

I used to play but wasn’t much cop. I found it far too frustrating! 

10 hours ago, Bobby Bollax said:

If you’re into golf. 

Must have a look for that one. A friend's daughter got selected for an elite golf academy in The Bahamas, so now lives in that world.

On 14/03/2020 at 13:00, bcfc01 said:

Friends were due to go on a once in a lifetime world trip in a weeks time. First stop was New Zealand but they've now closed the borders and its 14 days self isolation. They tried other routes including Fiji to Australia and even overnight train journeys but so many countries are now closing borders. Now cancelled to next year.

My son was due for a holiday in Southern Spain but thats now scuppered as of this morning.

We're booked for 14 days in Sicily and Sorrento in June - that'll be off as well no doubt.

And now the bloody football is off :grr:

Maybe this is an opportunity for Severn Beach to re emerge as a leading regional 'leisure destination' it was great and very popular back in the day... 

(sorry for everyone who have had pre booked holiday plans wreaked, huge disappointment's but better safe than sorry.. Stay Safe ?

On 14/03/2020 at 16:28, Robbored said:

Its how they go about recovering and building a new team.  It’s an enjoyable watch if you’re into cricket.

Thanks for that.

I have just started a thread on the non football forum for prime/Netflix recommendations.

I don't watch much telly, so I have no idea what is worth a view.

On 16/03/2020 at 11:05, elhombrecito said:

Still got flights to go in four weeks time. Not actually cancelled, so can't get my money back at the moment, but can't use the flights... :dunno:

I dont know how various airlines and the travel industry in general handle these situations, whatever the legal obligations or otherwise might be but...… (for the companies who come through and survive this bloody virus crash)  I think a great gesture of goodwill and PR would be to offer out of pocket travellers/holiday makers a whole lot of free 'air miles' to be redeemed within a time frame after this whole virus situation has been officially declared over.  (sorry Greta) 

Archived