IGNORED

What will you do instead?

WhistleHappy

2 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

I dont know how various airlines and the travel industry in general handle these situations, whatever the legal obligations or otherwise might be but...… (for the companies who come through and survive this bloody virus crash)  I think a great gesture of goodwill and PR would be to offer out of pocket travellers/holiday makers a whole lot of free 'air miles' to be redeemed within a time frame after this whole virus situation has been officially declared over.  (sorry Greta) 

We can change the date of our flight for free, but considering we have no idea when it will be okay to fly again, that seems a bit pointless. Hopefully they'll cancel the flight soon, so we can get an automatic refund. 

Airbnb are now allowing free cancellation, so that's good at least.

Starting Monday as I’m off work for 12 weeks. I am starting a 10 week fitness program. Currently overweight and getting older and unhealthy. Going to try and turn this around in these testing times. Will post end of each week how many pounds I have shed . Hoping for a 2 stone loss at the end. ?

6 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Starting Monday as I’m off work for 12 weeks. I am starting a 10 week fitness program. Currently overweight and getting older and unhealthy. Going to try and turn this around in these testing times. Will post end of each week how many pounds I have shed . Hoping for a 2 stone loss at the end. ?

Might be worth noting, weight loss is 75% diet, and 25% exercise. To lose weight, you will be better off eating well/healthily.

"If you want to lose a pound of body fat, then that requires you to run from Leeds to Nottingham, but if you want to do it through diet, you just have to skip a meal for seven days" Prof Paul Gateley.

I think it's worth quoting "experts" now that Gove, Boris et al are into "experts" again.

12 minutes ago, Moments of Pleasure said:

Might be worth noting, weight loss is 75% diet, and 25% exercise. To lose weight, you will be better off eating well/healthily.

"If you want to lose a pound of body fat, then that requires you to run from Leeds to Nottingham, but if you want to do it through diet, you just have to skip a meal for seven days" Prof Paul Gateley.

I think it's worth quoting "experts" now that Gove, Boris et al are into "experts" again.

Going to both . Last time I done it 4 years ago . I lost just under 2 and a half stone . 25 minutes intense workout 6 times  Monday to Friday . With good diet . Going to be tough but needs doing. Thanks for the advice though 

1 hour ago, Red Army 75 said:

Going to both . Last time I done it 4 years ago . I lost just under 2 and a half stone . 25 minutes intense workout 6 times  Monday to Friday . With good diet . Going to be tough but needs doing. Thanks for the advice though 

Good luck with it. Not easy eating well while couped up like this. At least we are still being told it's ok to go outside for walks/exercise.

Having done dry January and extended it into dry February, I'm now into dry March....and also made March biscuit and choc free.  Which is just as well, as I can't find either in the shops!  On the upside, collecting a new car tomorrow.

Feeling rudderless without any live footy, either in person or on telly. Every day is starting to feel the same, a sort of sporting Groundhog Day. Can't see me lasting too much longer - food is not so important, but having no football is doing me in. At this time of the year we should be into the business end of the season, but no.

1 hour ago, BanburyRed said:

Having done dry January and extended it into dry February, I'm now into dry March....and also made March biscuit and choc free.  Which is just as well, as I can't find either in the shops!  On the upside, collecting a new car tomorrow.

How much were you necking if after two and a half months you've saved enough for a new motor! ?

On 17/03/2020 at 13:56, Bristol Rob said:

The Doris has just emailed me the following...

'Now that sport is cancelled, don't forget we have the Ashes 2005 box set. We could recreate England's glory period as if it were actually occuring'.

RESULT!

Good shout...

I remember those wonderful England's Glory matches like they were yesterday...

match_box_of_england_glory_poster-rd240887d027940c1bc648797346e2442_wv3_8byvr_512.jpg

I couldn't sleep , so up by 6:30. After a while started doing the ironing, I was THAT bored , stuck on the TV and the Mrs got up a little later.

We are currently watching the English game on Netflix, and she's enjoying it ?     ? .......⚽ ?

4 minutes ago, BigTone said:

First case of Coronavirus in our village. Lockdown now extended until 28th April. FFS
My van now looks like a delivery vehicle for our local winery !!

Sister in law and family live in a village in the hills outside of Nice: think the Nice mayor is a confirmed case. Pretty sure they're not getting out anytime soon.

Just glossed the skirtings and door frame in the kitchen. Chucked some old paper work out . About to start a hour exercise. Then make a fish pie what Jamie Oliver made yesterday on channel 4 . Only 11 and a half weeks before I am hopefully able to go out . If I don’t post again it will be the pie  :help:

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Just glossed the skirtings and door frame in the kitchen. Chucked some old paper work out . About to start a hour exercise. Then make a fish pie what Jamie Oliver made yesterday on channel 4 . Only 11 and a half weeks before I am hopefully able to go out . If I don’t post again it will be the pie  :help:

`Did anyone have the fish?`

On 19/03/2020 at 11:23, Red Army 75 said:

An amazing 6 pound loss in the first week. Obviously will not be that every week . Haven’t had a beer eaten very healthy. 25 minutes workout followed by 20 minutes of weights. 1 week down 9 to go  

Archived