IGNORED

What will you do instead?

WhistleHappy

7 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

An amazing 6 pound loss in the first week. Obviously will not be that every week . Haven’t had a beer eaten very healthy. 25 minutes workout followed by 20 minutes of weights. 1 week down 9 to go  

That is excellent, and just as importantly I guess you rightly feel better for doing so. Great effort. 

Dont be too hard on yourself though, have a beer if you really crave one, some treats are allowed now and again! Good you recognise that some weeks will be better than others, but what a start! :clapping:

15 minutes ago, RedM said:

That is excellent, and just as importantly I guess you rightly feel better for doing so. Great effort. 

Dont be too hard on yourself though, have a beer if you really crave one, some treats are allowed now and again! Good you recognise that some weeks will be better than others, but what a start! :clapping:

Thanks RM . 

38 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

An amazing 6 pound loss in the first week. Obviously will not be that every week . Haven’t had a beer eaten very healthy. 25 minutes workout followed by 20 minutes of weights. 1 week down 9 to go  

Fair play mate, I intend to exercise more when/if I finally get furloughed next week. The hardest part , I imagine is healthy eating. I tend to start with good intentions , but it's easy to pick up stodge when you do your shop, for those hours in front of the tele ?  
I sort of wish I drank more, as it might mean I would lose due to cutting it out ? 
Thing is , I don't really drink at home so it could be a long time before I do again. 

2 minutes ago, 1960maaan said:

Fair play mate, I intend to exercise more when/if I finally get furloughed next week. The hardest part , I imagine is healthy eating. I tend to start with good intentions , but it's easy to pick up stodge when you do your shop, for those hours in front of the tele ?  
I sort of wish I drank more, as it might mean I would lose due to cutting it out ? 
Thing is , I don't really drink at home so it could be a long time before I do again. 

Absolutely it is hard . Really hard . But in this strange time I need to do it . I can’t go out for 12 weeks so if I carried on eating and drinking  I would be massively overweight. It’s pretty sad on my part it’s taken something like this to get my ass in gear again. 

17 minutes ago, Red Army 75 said:

Absolutely it is hard . Really hard . But in this strange time I need to do it . I can’t go out for 12 weeks so if I carried on eating and drinking  I would be massively overweight. It’s pretty sad on my part it’s taken something like this to get my ass in gear again. 

Not sad mate, it can be incredibly hard to get the enthusiasm to exercise. I'm lucky, I have a cross trainer that I can jump on, I do 4 miles twice a week which I will up if I get furloughed . If I had to leave the house, no way would I bother. Diet is difficult too, through shifts, or if I'm eating alone for whatever reason, ready meal are too easy to fall back on. Now you have a routine , with luck you may find it easier to stick to. ?

On 19/03/2020 at 18:11, Moments of Pleasure said:

Might be worth noting, weight loss is 75% diet, and 25% exercise. To lose weight, you will be better off eating well/healthily.

"If you want to lose a pound of body fat, then that requires you to run from Leeds to Nottingham, but if you want to do it through diet, you just have to skip a meal for seven days" Prof Paul Gateley.

I think it's worth quoting "experts" now that Gove, Boris et al are into "experts" again.

If you want to lose one - two pound in weight per week you need to decrease / burn your calorie intake by 500 per day and this can be done by eating less, exercising or a combination of both 

14 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

Same here. 

One of life's pleasures afaic. is a pint of real ale in a pub but I'm really not interested in drinking at home.

As soon as the pubs reopen I'll be straight down the Nova Scotia but until that joyous day I'll probably be teetotal. :yawn:

15 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

Same here. 

One of life's pleasures afaic. is a pint of real ale in a pub but I'm really not interested in drinking at home.

As soon as the pubs reopen I'll be straight down the Nova Scotia but until that joyous day I'll probably be teetotal. :yawn:

I broke the self imposed ban. Doing an online pub quiz last night I had a beer, one that the wife got me in my Christmas stocking. I said I didn't drink much at home didn't I. ?

3 hours ago, 1960maaan said:

I broke the self imposed ban. Doing an online pub quiz last night I had a beer, one that the wife got me in my Christmas stocking. I said I didn't drink much at home didn't I. ?

Was the online pub quiz any good? If so can you tell me the website please.

8 minutes ago, Slacker said:

Was the online pub quiz any good? If so can you tell me the website please.

It was a Facebook thing, friend of a friend, who I don't know . 

It was good, if you do it properly and don't cheat. Music intros as well as questions, worked well. Not sure if or when the next is.

On 28/03/2020 at 06:46, Red Army 75 said:

I’ve been terrible exercise-wise for a good while, and with bad knees, I’m just gonna do a 30 minute brisk walk every day.  Stick the earphones in and off I go.  

I only ever went footie training, never went to a gym, but I can see after just three days how it becomes habit.

Quite enjoying it.  Didn’t think I would.  No excuses either ?

Coupled with better eating, I’ve lost 5lbs, and am back around my playing weight!

On 28/03/2020 at 07:37, Red Army 75 said:

Well I’ve completed a 10 week training course. Eaten very healthy and didn’t have 1 beer . It’s has been very difficult but got easier as the weeks went on . I have lost a total of 33 pounds and inches of my body . And I am in a much better place. This has been an horrific time . But I have used it in a positive way I had to. I have a new course to start Monday. But I am going to have a ice cold Birra Moretti which has been waiting for me patiently. Stay safe everyone and up the city . :yes:

Teetotal for 10 weeks as others have done. Working from home so have been using my hour to do some walking every day. Trying to eat healthily but fail miserably at times.

Can't match RA75 (well done mate) but lost 11lb ( typo error, wish it was 21) Plenty more to lose for me though.

Need to find time for more exercise but not missing a beer at all which is surprising. Miss my drinking buddies more than a beer TBH, might stay off it after lockdown.

5 hours ago, Red Army 75 said:

Well I’ve completed a 10 week training course. Eaten very healthy and didn’t have 1 beer . It’s has been very difficult but got easier as the weeks went on . I have lost a total of 33 pounds and inches of my body . And I am in a much better place. This has been an horrific time . But I have used it in a positive way I had to. I have a new course to start Monday. But I am going to have a ice cold Birra Moretti which has been waiting for me patiently. Stay safe everyone and up the city . :yes:

Well done that is some achievement under the circumstances. Savour your cold one - you deserve it & will probably go straight to your head too ?

Archived