IGNORED

What will you do instead?

WhistleHappy

All Toolstation games are off now!     :gasmask::(     They will review in a fortnight's time.

Well that's stuffed me tomorrow then. Looks like some gardening if dry or back to doing the front room. Could even chance my arm at some shopping - if they are allowing customers.

5 hours ago, Northern Red said:

It appears to be down to individual leagues to decide what they're doing. In this part of the world the Northern Premier and the North West Counties are all still on this weekend at least.

Chester v Boston for me tomorrow.

Now off.

I'll find something else local.

4 hours ago, bcfcredandwhite said:

I’ve got loads - bought 6 cases in response to those irresponsible ****s bulk buying. 
Special offer to my wonderful OTIB friends - only £5 per roll. 
£10 for the general public
£15 for Rovers fans

I wonder if Gibbo, Gibbo, Gibbo, has still got some left from the thousands of big rolls loobbed towards his goal from the East End back in the day?  … :) 

5 hours ago, downendcity said:

Mrs Downend has suggested bedroom activities on Saturdays and midweek to fill the void, although I have told her that I really need a full pre-season to manage Saturday-Tuesday fixtures week in, week out. She did ask if I knew what my identity was, so I showed her my passport as a reminder.

Im expecting her to concentrate on a strong defence, as she's spent many seasons honeing this tactic. I plan to counter with a high press and try to play down the flanks as she will be expecting a frontal attack.

45 minutes each way with a shoot out if we are all square after 90 minutes.  Im just wondering whether Mrs D will come out on top in what will surely be a low scoring affair.:shocking:

My missus has just announced she is closing her borders for a month.

10 hours ago, downendcity said:

Latest update:

Tomorrow's game postponed due a waterlogged pitch - Mrs D forgot to wear her incontinence pants! :) 

I must admit to being a bit concerned, as Mrs D mentioned that she needs a  pitch marked out  for the rugby team fixture next Friday!

your best bet is chamge your name to Nathan so you can get off early  

(light hearted tongue in cheek joke )

14 hours ago, downendcity said:

Mrs Downend has suggested bedroom activities on Saturdays and midweek to fill the void, although I have told her that I really need a full pre-season to manage Saturday-Tuesday fixtures week in, week out. She did ask if I knew what my identity was, so I showed her my passport as a reminder.

Im expecting her to concentrate on a strong defence, as she's spent many seasons honeing this tactic. I plan to counter with a high press and try to play down the flanks as she will be expecting a frontal attack.

45 minutes each way with a shoot out if we are all square after 90 minutes.  Im just wondering whether Mrs D will come out on top in what will surely be a low scoring affair.:shocking:

Seems complicated. Ever thought of just purchasing a corporate box?

1 hour ago, BigTone said:

Thay are but did not tell us until we arrived

So what does it mean for your trip?... Where/what does your confinement/quarantine entail?  Are you restricted to your room or is there freedom within a hotel complex etc?  

Hope you manage to have an OK experience Tone, albeit quite different to your previous plans for the trip... How long were/are you staying?   Best Wishes anyway.

12 minutes ago, WhistleHappy said:

So what does it mean for your trip?... Where/what does your confinement/quarantine entail?  Are you restricted to your room or is there freedom within a hotel complex etc?  

Hope you manage to have an OK experience Tone, albeit quite different to your previous plans for the trip... How long were/are you staying?   Best Wishes anyway.

Here for 13 nights. Restricted to our room but I have snuck out to the supermarket as wife needed shampoo and hairspray !! If caught you face a 1000 euro fine. Room service will be well used. Hotel staff have been great. Other than that I can work online so may as well make the most of it. Its 22deg on the balcony so bottle of wine for breakfast.

17 minutes ago, BigTone said:

Here for 13 nights. Restricted to our room but I have snuck out to the supermarket as wife needed shampoo and hairspray !! If caught you face a 1000 euro fine. Room service will be well used. Hotel staff have been great. Other than that I can work online so may as well make the most of it. Its 22deg on the balcony so bottle of wine for breakfast.

Blimey ! 

did you know beforehand that you would be in room? Hopefully not all holiday? 
enjoy as best you can! 

10 minutes ago, JulieH said:

Blimey ! 

did you know beforehand that you would be in room? Hopefully not all holiday? 
enjoy as best you can! 

We arrived at 4pm and were in the air when the government announced it at 1pm. Yep, all holiday.

11 hours ago, downendcity said:

Latest update:

Tomorrow's game postponed due a waterlogged pitch - Mrs D forgot to wear her incontinence pants! :) 

I must admit to being a bit concerned, as Mrs D mentioned that she needs a  pitch marked out  for the rugby team fixture next Friday!

Downendcity match day thread:

My home form is predictable and lacking in attacking flair but has got results. Im thinking of picking Kasey Palmer as I don't think Mrs D could cope with his unpredictability and the excitement he could bring.  Also I think KP could last the full 90 minutes, while I usually need a bit of a rest after the warm up and lack much pace these days.

Due to coronavirus today's match will, of course, be played behind closed doors!

1 hour ago, downendcity said:

My home form is predictable and lacking in attacking flair but has got results. Im thinking of picking Kasey Palmer as I don't think Mrs D could cope with his unpredictability and the excitement he could bring.  Also I think KP could last the full 90 minutes, while I usually need a bit of a rest after the warm up and lack much pace these days.

Due to coronavirus today's match will, of course, be played behind closed doors!

Good start. All Downendcity but as usual, no penetration.

Mrs D watched Athletico in the week and using similar shithouse tactics , feigning injury and headaches to draw sympathy from the ref. One attempt early on but VAR confirmed it didn't cross the line.

2 hours ago, downendcity said:

24 minutes ago, downendcity said:

Good start. All Downendcity but as usual, no penetration.

Mrs D watched Athletico in the week and using similar shithouse tactics , feigning injury and headaches to draw sympathy from the ref. One attempt early on but VAR confirmed it didn't cross the line.

FFS!

4 hours ago, BigTone said:

Friends were due to go on a once in a lifetime world trip in a weeks time. First stop was New Zealand but they've now closed the borders and its 14 days self isolation. They tried other routes including Fiji to Australia and even overnight train journeys but so many countries are now closing borders. Now cancelled to next year.

My son was due for a holiday in Southern Spain but thats now scuppered as of this morning.

We're booked for 14 days in Sicily and Sorrento in June - that'll be off as well no doubt.

And now the bloody football is off :grr:

4 hours ago, BigTone said:

Where are you Tone?

Total muppetry out here in the Philippines. 80 odd confirmed cases and the pillock in charge grounds all national flights and declares a curfew from tomorrow between 8pm and 6am. 

I despair at the lack of brain power in charge around the world. 

King Boris of the World anyone?

The only sensible leader out there as far as I can see. 

Archived