City's remaining fixtures in March have been postponed, the EFL has confirmed.

It means City will no longer travel to face Blackburn Rovers this weekend, with fixtures against Sheffield Wednesday and Nottingham Forest suspended until further notice.

The below should help answer some of the questions you may have:

I’ve bought tickets for our upcoming away matches at Blackburn Rovers and/or Nottingham Forest, do I get a refund?

Due to the high volume of calls we are experiencing please email matchticketrefund@bristol-sport.co.uk to register for your refund. In order to get a full refund, you will have to return your ticket(s) to the stadium. You can either visit the Bristol Sport Store or post it to: Supporter Services, Ashton Gate Stadium, Ashton Road, Bristol, BS3 2EJ. Requests over the phone will be directed to email. If you have booked CATs coach travel, you will be issued a full refund by emailing matchticketrefund@bristol-sport.co.uk.

Will I get a refund for my tickets for Tuesday night’s fixture against Sheffield Wednesday?

Season card holders – all games are postponed until after April 3rd. Match-to-match tickets will remain valid for the rescheduled game. Alternatively you can apply for a refund by emailing matchticketrefund@bristol-sport.co.uk. A refund will be processed within 10 working days. Requests over the phone will be directed to email.

I have hospitality bookings at future Bristol City matches:

Hospitality season card holders – your hospitality will be postponed until April 3rd. If you have a match-to-match hospitality booking you will be moved to another game later in the season. Please contact hospitality@ashtongate.co.uk.

Can I buy tickets for matches after April 3rd?

Currently tickets for matches after April 3rd remain on sale. Please note that all fixtures may be subject to change. 

For full details about the postponement of fixtures, click here.