IGNORED

Postponement positives

mozo

9 hours ago, eardun said:

Agree and my immediate reaction on the other thread was ‘season abandoned’. However if the season is to finish, with the peak outbreak apparently 10-14 weeks away (14 weeks takes you to mid June), I would think the most likely scenario would be to finish the season in August and September (and poss even October) when next season would originally have started, ie during a period when clubs would have already expected to host matches. Start and finish the new season later (if coronavirus not around next winter of course). I think you need to create a transfer window between this season ending and next season starting however so there will need to be a break between the two seasons in my view. 

Reduce the matches next season (maybe play each other just once) and / or scrap all the domestic cups for a season to free up dates and get things back on track for a year.

18 hours ago, StGeorge said:

Self isolation is to stop infected people passing it on,  not to stop people catching it. 

I would be amazed if the players are any different than the rest of the population and that by the end of this outbreak at least 25% of them have had this.

Oh dear. Isn’t that the same thing? ??‍♂️

Thing is tho.......most of us get colds during the colder months. Runny nose, sore throat, and a cough. Ive had those symptoms within the last month. I thought nothing of it. I did what I always do and took 4 hourly paracetamol and I’m fine now.

My point is that I could well have had the coronvirus  but had no idea. Just a cold as far I was concerned............:dunno:

3 hours ago, xerox6060 said:

I've always quite liked the idea of watching footy on a nice warm June or July evening..

I’d love football in the summer and winter be the close season. You’d get better crowds - all day drinking in the sun with a football match sandwiched in between. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

Thing is tho.......most of us get colds during the colder months. Runny nose, sore throat, and a cough. Ive had those symptoms within the last month. I thought nothing of it. I did what I always do and took 4 hourly paracetamol and I’m fine now.

My point is that I could well have had the coronvirus  but had no idea. Just a cold as far I was concerned............:dunno:

You must be :robbored:

I mean the "it's just a cold or the flu" fake news been totally debunked now.

38 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Has it?  
I’ve not seen anything - got a link? 

Given that's it not on the official site, have you considered one of the following TV,newspapers, radio or even the internet. ?

Just google in covid 19 v flu and colds

https://www.sciencealert.com/the-new-coronavirus-isn-t-like-the-flu-but-they-have-one-big-thing-in-common

https://www.livescience.com/new-coronavirus-compare-with-flu.html

https://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/coronavirus-symptoms-covid-19-cold-flu-difference-latest-a9389511.html

On 13/03/2020 at 13:00, phantom said:

Self isolation is 7 days

They can commence training then, up to then they'll all have individual training routines 

Fully expect fixtures to start again then, whether crowds are there will be the big factor 

So footballers go into self isolation for 7 days. What about their families and then their families and so on. Do they all go into self isolation? 
When the self isolation ends do they all go back to mingling? 

On a positive note, my wife asked me if I wanted to go shopping. I told her it will be crowded and we are told to stay away from crowds. 
Thought I was clever and when I’ve finished, the washing, ironing hoovering and dusting I may laugh at my clever plan.

So, do we think that we may have seen the last of kissing and hugging a goal scorer?  Whilst it was just a brief handshake and a congratulatory drag on the Manager's fag back in my day, I can't wait to see the newly developed goal celebrations involving a discreet elbow bump when things get started again.  Maybe our coaching team are getting the lads to practice 'safe' celebrations during these troubled times.  

To be fair, I only ventured over the halfway line a couple of times in my illustrious career so I had to supply my own ciggies.  Ten Number 6's tucked into my undies used to last me the full 90 minutes during the Stroud & District League Div.6 days, mind.

Archived