IGNORED

TV SPORT.

pillred

Well how are the tv companies especially Sky and BT going to fill their endless hours now? wouldn't mind seeing some classic games from the past like the old match of the days from the 70s and 80s, anyone else have any ideas? they have a lot of hours to fill.

14 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Would that have been on the big match with Brian Moore?

At the time it was the biggest ever defeat by any team on match of the day, just watched it on you tube has to be the most one sided game ever by two teams in the same division.

21 minutes ago, pillred said:

At the time it was the biggest ever defeat by any team on match of the day, just watched it on you tube has to be the most one sided game ever by two teams in the same division.

I must be getting confused when Warboys and Bannister (smash & grab) were a formidable force in 73 after putting eight past Brighton ??

11 minutes ago, Shaun Taylor said:

I must be getting confused when Warboys and Bannister (smash & grab) were a formidable force in 73 after putting eight past Brighton ??

Saw that game as I was living in Brighton at the time. Irks me to say it but Warboys and Bannister were an excellent pair up front. Seem to remember that Clough and Taylor were managing Brighton around that time.

4 minutes ago, ozpaul said:

Saw that game as I was living in Brighton at the time. Irks me to say it but Warboys and Bannister were an excellent pair up front. Seem to remember that Clough and Taylor were managing Brighton around that time.

Yeah spot on Clough & Taylor were just starting out and one can only imagine the rollicking the Brighton players must have got after the match and that pairing for the Gas were certainly a handful 

59 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Hahahaha!

Thanks, I needed a good laugh.

Taking what they said, costs to them not how much they charge people. A lot of their presenters for live sport will be freelance so no need to hire them any time soon, unnecessary staff won't be working for a few weeks etc

My sister and her hubby work in the TV industry filming live football matches. They’re really worried. 
before anyone says - no they are not loaded - on slightly more than ordinary salaries as they are contractors, but not silly money and can’t afford to both be out of work for months. 

52 minutes ago, ralphindevon said:

May be wrong here but I've a funny feeling it was on MOTD, it was certainly seen by millions on tv. 

Someone will remember 

Definitely, 100% was on MotD that night. City lost 0-2 home to Arsenal that day. The following March I was at Highbury seeing us 4-1 down after about 20 minutes and I thought we were going to concede more than 9 at that rate, but the score remained 4-1. The same day Rovers lost 2-3 home to Spurs, it was chosen for MotD again...I wonder why?

1 hour ago, Dollymarie said:

I was just saying to ‘im indoors that I wonder how long it’ll be before people start asking for money off from virgin/sky because they aren’t getting the service they’ve subscribed to.

They're also talking about TV companies suing the Prem for failing to provide the product that they've paid for. Madness 

1 hour ago, harvey54 said:

They're also talking about TV companies suing the Prem for failing to provide the product that they've paid for. Madness 

I imagine this is already taken care of in contract details, but if not I'm sure a comprimise would be reached before it wenty to litgation. The tv companies should not be paying for a product they don't receive, neither should the tv fanbase, nor season card holders. I don't really want to bother thinking about this now, what with a nowtv season pass and a season card in the Dolman which I've just renewed. We can revisit this in three or four months time when this season resumes/gets expunged from the record.

3 hours ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Yeah spot on Clough & Taylor were just starting out and one can only imagine the rollicking the Brighton players must have got after the match and that pairing for the Gas were certainly a handful 

They’d already managed Hartlepools and Derby as a pairing by the time they pitched up at Brighton - so not really starting out. And Brighton lost 0-4 at home to Walton & Hersham in the FA Cup just before they lost 2-8 at home to the gas - two of their first games under Clough & Taylor - that made Benny’s start with us look reasonable!

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They’d already managed Hartlepools and Derby as a pairing by the time they pitched up at Brighton - so not really starting out. And Brighton lost 0-4 at home to Walton & Hersham in the FA Cup just before they lost 2-8 at home to the gas - two of their first games under Clough & Taylor - that made Benny’s start with us look reasonable!

Apologies I thought that was the start of their managerial career and getting hammered by the sags straight after losing to a non league team in the cup must have really put the cat amongst the pigeons! 

There's a rugby league game being broadcast tonight and the women's netball super league is still going ahead.

Presumably there's some cricket taking place in the Southern hemisphere. At a guess though, Sky will broadcast "memorable" games from the last thirty years.

5 minutes ago, 22A said:

There's a rugby league game being broadcast tonight and the women's netball super league is still going ahead.

Presumably there's some cricket taking place in the Southern hemisphere. At a guess though, Sky will broadcast "memorable" games from the last thirty years.

England`s tour of Sri Lanka has been called off though as has the India v SA ODI series. The start of the IPL has been put back to April and the Big Bash has finished.

So not much cricket at all sadly.

6 hours ago, pillred said:

Well how are the tv companies especially Sky and BT going to fill their endless hours now? wouldn't mind seeing some classic games from the past like the old match of the days from the 70s and 80s, anyone else have any ideas? they have a lot of hours to fill.

I'd love to see the World Oregami Championships, on paper view.

Archived