IGNORED

TV SPORT.

pillred

Dear heavens, just when I thought it could not get any worse.

They have replaced this weeks MoTD with Mrs Browns Boys Live.

I have said it before and I will say it again. When David Bowie died the very fabric of the universe was torn, and it’s just been accelerating since then.

39 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

England`s tour of Sri Lanka has been called off though as has the India v SA ODI series. The start of the IPL has been put back to April and the Big Bash has finished.

So not much cricket at all sadly.

Australia v New Zealand is still on, behind closed doors.

12 minutes ago, cityexile said:

I have said it before and I will say it again. When David Bowie died the very fabric of the universe was torn, and it’s just been accelerating since then.

What can we do, maybe there's life on mars? 

6 minutes ago, RoystonFoote'snephew said:

What, no one in the crowd with a chicken bucket on their head, or have one handy to catch the ball that sailed for 6!

Launches a 6 into the top tier 'alright whose going to go get it back this time?'

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Apologies I thought that was the start of their managerial career and getting hammered by the sags straight after losing to a non league team in the cup must have really put the cat amongst the pigeons! 

They’d already performed miracles at The Baseball Ground - but no need to apologise ST - cheers - cat amongst the pigeons is spot on - didn’t Clough bugger off to Leeds alone leaving Taylor behind?

47 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

They’d already performed miracles at The Baseball Ground - but no need to apologise ST - cheers - cat amongst the pigeons is spot on - didn’t Clough bugger off to Leeds alone leaving Taylor behind?

Yes, Taylor stayed at Brighton for a few months I think - until Clough landed the Forest job. 

Mention of Leeds reminds me of one match I would love to see highlights of - when City won the FA Cup replay at Elland Road in 1974. The goal has occasionally been shown by HTV (now ITV West) but full highlights were shown on ITV at the time. 

I suspect it was covered by Yorkshire TV and perhaps they binned it. Leeds were unbeaten that season in the top flight at the time. 

10 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yes he went to Leeds and only lasted for 44 days as the players hated him as he openly said that they were a dirty team and he didn't like the way they played!

12 hours ago, cityexile said:

He didn’t die he’s just gone to mars 

18 hours ago, pillred said:

Well how are the tv companies especially Sky and BT going to fill their endless hours now? wouldn't mind seeing some classic games from the past like the old match of the days from the 70s and 80s, anyone else have any ideas? they have a lot of hours to fill.

They show ‘Classic MOTD’ on BT Sport already I believe, or at least they did - I had a series link to it - great memories..

https://sport.bt.com/football/classic-motd-thrillers-5-episodes-you-should-watch-this-week-S11364191373528

https://www.radiotimes.com/tv-programme/e/d487nv/classic-motd---thrillers-episode-guide/

1 hour ago, myol'man said:

Talking to club exec's about what to do next, showing last week's rugby league, endless chat about nothing in particular.

As I said in the OP there are a lot of hours to fill, we are just at the beginning there is only so much chat about nothing in particular anyone can stand, can see some of the channels being suspended in the coming weeks.

On ‎13‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 16:20, slartibartfast said:

Goodee, they might show City v Hull..................AGAIN !  :grr:

And, just for good measure they showed it again on Monday night!  I wonder if I keep watching it (I won't) Adebola's early chance will go into the net, Bradley Orr won't get a fractured cheekbone, Windass will not get that chance and, even if he did, Trundle would tuck away the winner in the last few minutes.  We would then go on, with the Premier League money and SL's backing to dominate British and European football for the next decade and be gutted that, as the only challengers to Liverpool for this season's Prem title, the season would be ended by the Coronavirus.  TBH I would just be happy to wake up and find the never ending nightmare of the virus and all it brings was just a bad dream!

Archived