IGNORED

Could it be “easier” next season.

BCFC1512

12 minutes ago, walnutroof said:

Problem though is Liverpool, there would be a certain lack of credibility having a team that far ahead and not winning the title, i wouldn’t mind betting a way is found to play enough rounds behind closed doors which means they can cancel the season without it adversely affecting anything  

Unfortunate for Liverpool but regardless of their current position, no team can be favoured. I doubt Liverpool fans would want to win it any other way than a full season anyway. They'll just have to do it again next year.

18 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

I really don't understand the obsession with making changes to next season and not finishing this one. 

If changes must be made to next season then it would be just as well to make it shorter, drop the cup competitions or whatever but finish this season that is already three quarters done, first. 

There it is.  Finish this season and write next season off if needs be.

1 hour ago, OldlandReddies said:

Unfortunate for Liverpool but regardless of their current position, no team can be favoured. I doubt Liverpool fans would want to win it any other way than a full season anyway. They'll just have to do it again next year.

But that's just bizarre, surely it's better to sacrifice a season that hasn't already started for one that is nearing its conclusion. 

The only absolutely fair thing to do is finish this season, and I say that as someone who would love to see Leeds denied promotion. 

17 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

5 minutes ago, Chris_Brown said:

But that's just bizarre, surely it's better to sacrifice a season that hasn't already started for one that is nearing its conclusion. 

The only absolutely fair thing to do is finish this season, and I say that as someone who would love to see Leeds denied promotion. 

As I sit here today, I agree, complete this season whenever (unless it really isn’t feasible for whatever reason), then look at hiw season 20/21 fits in, or even go straight to 21/22.

Having said all that, Football not highest priority atm.

1 hour ago, Chris_Brown said:

Let's be honest, given their track record they could still bottle it if the season goes ahead.

2 hours ago, Chris_Brown said:

Players out of contract would put a stop to any lengthy extension so to scrap this season and start afresh next season for me is the only option. Hopefully it won't come to that but if games are postponed beyond say mid April,  which seems highly probable, then they won't be able conclude this season in adequate time.

On 15/03/2020 at 12:03, cityloyal473 said:

How do non-Premiership clubs survive that revenue wise?

I’m ok to write off the money from my season ticket for games remaining in 19/20 but I would want a refund for my 20/21 ticket if there is no 20/21 games !!

On 15/03/2020 at 05:59, Seneca the Younger said:

Just end this season, no promotions or relegations, and start next season with our current points. 

Not ideal but the only fair option, in my opinion. 

I had the same thought or to give teams the same point difference as they stand now, I just didn't have the balls to suggest it.

Archived