IGNORED

WiFi plug in boosters

Robbored

14 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Has anyone got one and do they work? 

I’m thinking of getting one so any feedback would be appreciated.

Get a “mesh” system. We got one with base unit and 2 boosters for about £60 I think. 

https://www.amazon.co.uk/s?k=mesh+wifi+extender&crid=12YPFAJ3CMT5J&sprefix=Mesh+wif%2Caps%2C185&ref=nb_sb_ss_i_1_8

We got ours free from virgin after we complained about the rubbish speeds in the house, compared to what we were paying for. Ones by the router, the other is further away from it. They talk to each other via the wires in the walls of the house. Has improved things quite a bit. 

1 hour ago, Robbored said:

I’m thinking about improving my WiFi speed using a plug in booster. It looks as if they all work pretty well. Now I have to decide which one to get.

TP Link powerlines are good too and cheaper, they work on the existing ringmain 

https://www.screwfix.com/p/tp-link-tl-wpa4220kit-single-band-n300-powerline-kit-2-pieces/348fr

• Admin
18 hours ago, Robbored said:

I’m thinking about improving my WiFi speed using a plug in booster. It looks as if they all work pretty well. Now I have to decide which one to get.

I live in an old Victorian house made from Bath stone and it is a nightmare getting a signal much further away from the router

Ironically when I changed my wifi settings to communicate with my lights etc so I have 5mghz and 2.4mghz signals now it has improved, but when I used the free Sky booster it made no difference at all

On ‎16‎/‎03‎/‎2020 at 13:04, Robbored said:

Thanks but I really don’t want spend that much.

I want a dead simple plug in booster that will improve my speed. I still haven’t decided which on the get.

The cheap ones are rubbish you can get these for about £60 on ebay refurbished

Archived