IGNORED

MOTD v Mrs Brown's Boys

Abraham Romanovich

13 minutes ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Good to see that in these sad times at least BBC have put some top comedy on to cheer the nation up.

:robbored:

I absolutely hate MBB, I have no idea how anyone finds it remotely funny. That and the One Show makes me want to kick my tv in. ? 

The first note of EastEnders, Coronation Street theme tunes make me scamper off to find the remote. Browns Boys just make me reach for the bucket, most cringeworthy programme ever produced, never got past one word before switching over.. 

What clueless wonder in the BBC thought that was a good substitute for football FFS. Surely the demographics of MOTD watcher doesn’t correlate to a 90 year old woman who dribbles down their chin and wets her knickers.

Do a re-run of The Office or The Young Ones, play Glastonbury, something decent.

Sounds like another reason to stop the licence fee.

32 minutes ago, Bar BS3 said:

I would rather be forced to sit though endless replays of Dean Windass’s goal at Wembley, on a repeating loop, than watch the complete and utter Shite that is a Mrs Browns Boys. 

VAR would find MBB well offside and deserving of a red card.

As MOTD Is shite these days the BBCs decision to show MBB is fully in keeping with the theme. I'm not a fan of MBB but FFS spare me from re-runs of the Office or the Young Ones. I don't like drag acts but hate cringe comedy more. Best thing Ricky Gervais ever did was stay the hell away from my TV screen. But thankfully I don't have to put up with any of this as my remote has an off button and I still have not only a blue Ray player but a VHS video player too. 

2 hours ago, RedM said:

I absolutely hate MBB, I have no idea how anyone finds it remotely funny. That and the One Show makes me want to kick my tv in. ? 

I can't stand the crap either and would much rather watch some Starsky & Hutch followed by Bob Monkehouse or Dave Allen at large. When Saturday TV was good?

I'm certainly not a fan of Mrs Brown's Boys but it is harmless enough and, whilst I don't find it funny, it doesn't actively anger me as much as it seems to other people. I really wish all the hatred and contempt directed towards it was saved for Still Open All Hours. Even less funny, way more cynical and made by people who should know much better.

3 hours ago, Abraham Romanovich said:

Good to see that in these sad times at least BBC have put some top comedy on to cheer the nation up.

:robbored:

The programme listings on Sky still show MOTD live for next Saturday with Newcastle playing Man C in the FA cup. ?

1 hour ago, Shaun Taylor said:

Also sportsnight with Harry Carpenter if I was allowed to stay up!

Anyone else remember watching Sportsnight where Spurs were playing in a cup replay when it was interrupted to show the Yanks invading Somalia?

It was the first place everyone saw Cantona`s kung fu kick too I think.

4 hours ago, RedM said:

We’re you the one who kicked your tv in when the sex pistols swore on the bill Grundy show ? 

19 minutes ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

Anyone else remember watching Sportsnight where Spurs were playing in a cup replay when it was interrupted to show the Yanks invading Somalia?

I remember the Yanks invading not sure if I saw the Kung fu kick on there or the ITV news

3 hours ago, Lanterne Rouge said:

I once heard an interview with Cantona and when asked what was the highlight of his career he answered "when I do ze kung foo on ze ooligan". Class. 

Archived