IGNORED

Changing Stands

slartibartfast

As I have mentioned before, I'm changing from the Dolman to the Lansdown. Could some kind person tell me which row i can  sit in ,nearest to the pitch WITHOUT getting rained on ?       i realize the prevailing  wind plays a big part in this, but I'm thinking ,an average "straight down " downpour............cheers for any help .

13 minutes ago, slartibartfast said:

As I have mentioned before, I'm changing from the Dolman to the Lansdown. Could some kind person tell me which row i can  sit in ,nearest to the pitch WITHOUT getting rained on ?       i realize the prevailing  wind plays a big part in this, but I'm thinking ,an average "straight down " downpour............cheers for any help .

I sit in row 10, very little you can do if we get heavy wind with it, but mostly ok though.

6 hours ago, ITK..... said:

Been to all of them but if you pay £600 and get wet in row 12 why not pay £600 and be dry in row 20???

We sit in the wings, row 10, and as I said mosty OK.  Plus it's £520 , If funds are fine then yeah pay the extra and sit further back closer to halfway then it is £630 or so.

I am thinking of moving from Dolman wings to Lansdown wings, but a little unsure through not knowing what the view/experience etc will be like in comparison. Does anyone have any comments about what it is like in these blocks and what would be the best position to go for? I realise that the atmosphere won't be as good, but I'm not too concerned about that. My main reason for moving would be for comfort. I'm thinking that you would want to be fairly high up (at least 3/4 of the way back) as this will be broadly comparable to my current row in the Dolman (row 21). There are a few decent spots to choose from looking at the online availability, but are mainly around the disabled section. Does anyone know whether the disabled section wall etc provides any kind of restriction? Are there any other restricted views to be aware of? Also, there is a stairwell in those blocks that seems to serve the upper half of the stand and another the lower half, do you know whether all can use this entrance/exit or whether this is for corporate seats in the next block only? Any guidance will be gratefully received.

5 minutes ago, Ashton Yate said:

Any guidance will be gratefully received.

I'm in Block 16 just behind the disabled section. It does not intrude on the view. Access is via the lower vomitories. The upper ones are for corporate hospitality.  Atmosphere is ok in the wing areas. Probably better at the South Stand end.

20 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

Tried today but was in 36th position on the phone ! Try again tomorrow .

I did it online (changed seats) took about 3 minutes. Would have been quicker if I hadnt dithered about which seat to chose.

22 hours ago, slartibartfast said:

I reckon their blanking you Slarti,you’re on caller display and they don’t want your sort in the Lansdown.

2 hours ago, Sir Geoff said:

I did it online (changed seats) took about 3 minutes. Would have been quicker if I hadnt dithered about which seat to chose.

How I seem to end up in a endless loop of buying a new season ticket.

EDIT: never mind, phoned them and was through no problem.

On 16/03/2020 at 16:12, Ashton Yate said:

I am thinking of moving from Dolman wings to Lansdown wings, but a little unsure through not knowing what the view/experience etc will be like in comparison. Does anyone have any comments about what it is like in these blocks and what would be the best position to go for? I realise that the atmosphere won't be as good, but I'm not too concerned about that. My main reason for moving would be for comfort. I'm thinking that you would want to be fairly high up (at least 3/4 of the way back) as this will be broadly comparable to my current row in the Dolman (row 21). There are a few decent spots to choose from looking at the online availability, but are mainly around the disabled section. Does anyone know whether the disabled section wall etc provides any kind of restriction? Are there any other restricted views to be aware of? Also, there is a stairwell in those blocks that seems to serve the upper half of the stand and another the lower half, do you know whether all can use this entrance/exit or whether this is for corporate seats in the next block only? Any guidance will be gratefully received.

I'm in block 16 at the back and love it. The club won't sell any restricted view season cards, the disabled section wall doesn't interfere at all.

The higher stairwell you can see is for the Lansdown club corporate punters only.

It's the best bunch of people I've sat by, besides my mates obviously, for years. 

Great view, I was struggling a few seasons back with a behind the goal view, miss too much action, more legroom than the Dolman, out of the prevailing wind, what's not to like? Plus I see quite a few seats free which certainly wasn't the case by me last season

10 hours ago, ralphindevon said:

I'm in block 16 at the back and love it. The club won't sell any restricted view season cards, the disabled section wall doesn't interfere at all.

The higher stairwell you can see is for the Lansdown club corporate punters only.

It's the best bunch of people I've sat by, besides my mates obviously, for years. 

Great view, I was struggling a few seasons back with a behind the goal view, miss too much action, more legroom than the Dolman, out of the prevailing wind, what's not to like? Plus I see quite a few seats free which certainly wasn't the case by me last season

Thanks for this. How far back would you suggest going to get a good view and be protected from rain etc? Which row number?

Re: the disabled section, this doesn't provide any restriction whatsoever? So I could sit in the row directly behind it and not have any issues? What about being sat next to a wall, what's that like?

The row behind the wall for the disabled section is where I sit, great view from up there and well out of the rain even when the eateries blow. 

It's a job to say how far back you've got to go, I'd probably swerve the first 10 rows to be sure.

10 hours ago, Ashton Yate said:

Thanks for this. How far back would you suggest going to get a good view and be protected from rain etc? Which row number?

Re: the disabled section, this doesn't provide any restriction whatsoever? So I could sit in the row directly behind it and not have any issues? What about being sat next to a wall, what's that like?

The row behind the wall for the disabled section is where I sit, great view from up there and well out of the rain even when the eateries blow. 

It's a job to say how far back you've got to go, I'd probably swerve the first 10 rows to be sure.

On 16/03/2020 at 17:51, slartibartfast said:

Come on, give us an update. We’re you 36th yesterday and today? If so, take the hint 

Archived