IGNORED

Fifa tournament

Atticus

Anybody else seen this on twitter?

Leyton Orient are attempting to arrange a Fifa tournament with other clubs. 64 teams, over 40 have agreed so far, including us. 

I love this, so nice to see clubs attempting to do something fun, amidst the amount of constant depressing news that we are getting minute by minute. Its a real nice distraction. 

Anyway, they say they will do the draw Tuesday. 

16 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Leyton Orient are attempting to arrange a Fifa tournament with other clubs. 64 teams, over 40 have agreed so far, including us. 

I love this, so nice to see clubs attempting to do something fun, amidst the amount of constant depressing news that we are getting minute by minute. Its a real nice distraction. 

Pato has volunteered his services as our rep. (I’m serious btw)

13 hours ago, Atticus said:

It's actually a really cool idea, if done properly games could be streamed live using Twitch. I hope clubs have to use their own squads from the game though, that's the only way it should be done. 

Should have a tournament on Xbox/PS for fans on here if people are up for it?

Have to play as City (or other championship sides if you’re on here as supporters of them)

If we could get 8/16 players for both Xbox & PlayStation I’ll organise it. 

Im an Xbox player, so if you’d like to take part reply here!

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

It's actually a really cool idea, if done properly games could be streamed live using Twitch. I hope clubs have to use their own squads from the game though, that's the only way it should be done. 

We’ll see who Pato picks!

34 minutes ago, Davefevs said:

We’ll see who Pato picks!

I think for this to work as Orient intend, it would have to be a representative for each club playing as their own club. I play a bit of Fifa for fun, but the competitive scene is really boring as people understandably play with the best teams and best players. As a result you end up with Ultimate Team tournaments where everyone is using the same pool of the 40 best players. This could be a really cool idea if each club is represented as themselves so it would stop that happening.

The game and it's relationship with streaming has grown exponentially, if EA Sports are shrewd, they'd spot this and help it grow by supporting it. This is far more interesting than noughts and crosses anyway!

1 hour ago, Carey 6 said:

Have to play as City (or other championship sides if you’re on here as supporters of them)

That sounds cool, but dont have fifa this year. I have pes thanks to game pass 

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

I think for this to work as Orient intend, it would have to be a representative for each club playing as their own club. I play a bit of Fifa for fun, but the competitive scene is really boring as people understandably play with the best teams and best players. As a result you end up with Ultimate Team tournaments where everyone is using the same pool of the 40 best players. This could be a really cool idea if each club is represented as themselves so it would stop that happening.

The game and it's relationship with streaming has grown exponentially, if EA Sports are shrewd, they'd spot this and help it grow by supporting it. This is far more interesting than noughts and crosses anyway!

Yeah you have to play as your own club. 

My worry is, if some clubs opt to select an esport fan,  then the likes of pato dont stand a chance. 

Andres Townsend is representing palace. 

2 minutes ago, Atticus said:

Yeah you have to play as your own club. 

My worry is, if some clubs opt to select an esport fan,  then the likes of pato dont stand a chance. 

Andres Townsend is representing palace. 

Yeah it would be much more interesting if each club nominated a player instead of an esport pro. If it was done properly using Twitch and (hopefully) in collaboration with EA Sports it could be really cool. 

2 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Yeah it would be much more interesting if each club nominated a player instead of an esport pro. If it was done properly using Twitch and (hopefully) in collaboration with EA Sports it could be really cool. 

Seems like many are nominating players. Some asking fans to volunteer.

I've not played FIFA since van Nistelrooy was in it. think the last football game (other than FM) I had was PES6 where Adriano was king.

Assume they'll be doing play as your own club rather than our old rule of "3 attempts at hitting Random Team - stick or twist each time".

3 hours ago, ExiledAjax said:

I've not played FIFA since van Nistelrooy was in it. think the last football game (other than FM) I had was PES6 where Adriano was king.

Assume they'll be doing play as your own club rather than our old rule of "3 attempts at hitting Random Team - stick or twist each time".

PES6 was the last game I really played. I used to play with Fulham and they'd suprise a lot of players. Zak Knight would stop Adriano then I'd put Papa Diop just in front the defence for added steal then counter attack with the pace of Boa morte and Radzinski to cross in for Mcbride 

On 16/03/2020 at 13:08, Carey 6 said:

I’ll play 

1 hour ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Virtue signalling from the club, we wouldn’t have pulled out if no one else had - just didn’t want any backlash or bad press.

This is what I feel.

All because of a "dream team" logo. which I think has been removed?

Its a shame because I was looking forward to seeing how Pato got on. It was for some good causes too. 

11 hours ago, Atticus said:

This is what I feel.

All because of a "dream team" logo. which I think has been removed?

Its a shame because I was looking forward to seeing how Pato got on. It was for some good causes too. 

Yep, the club wouldn't have even thought about it if no one else had. If we're not taking part in something like this due to a sponsorship association with the sun, if we're consistent and not just virtue signalling then are we still allowing Sun journalists to report on games? 

Archived