IGNORED

Official non league team

mutts

A lot of Non-League football is already cancelled too. Hellenic, Western and Southern Leagues all didn't play this weekend. National League and Glos County League played, but I'd expect at least the National League to follow.

2 hours ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Plenty of games on the Downs last saturday......

The Downs is a great place to watch local football. Chose the right spot and you can watch 4 matches at once. The only downsides are the risks of being hit by a football coming at you from any direction and the usual gales blowing in from the sea walls 

4 hours ago, pongo88 said:

The Downs is a great place to watch local football. Chose the right spot and you can watch 4 matches at once. The only downsides are the risks of being hit by a football coming at you from any direction and the usual gales blowing in from the sea walls 

Indeed it is. Some of the guys I saw on Saturday must be nearly as old as me, and the shape and size of 'em, well all I can say is "well played fellas!"

8 hours ago, RumRed said:

Worthing as my 2nd team, flying in the Isthmian league.

Games cancelled, gutted, but sensible.  Me and Dad attending probably bring the average age of the crowd down, I’m, 43 he’s mid 70’s.

My local team is South Park in the South Central Division. Thought about going last Saturday as they were at home but surprised to find it cancelled. Crowds hardly fall in the mass gathering category - I think I could easily excercise social distancing there. 

4 hours ago, Reigate Red said:

My local team is South Park in the South Central Division. Thought about going last Saturday as they were at home but surprised to find it cancelled. Crowds hardly fall in the mass gathering category - I think I could easily excercise social distancing there. 

We get about 6-800 or almost 2000 when we play Bognor!

My 2nd season watching at that level and it’s great fun.  You have the kids with their drum, original songs (It’s better to be a rebel than a rock). Friendly staff, really decent burgers (as in ‘pop up’ restaurant quality).Cheap beer which you can drink in the stands or on the ‘embankment’.  And for those like me sitting in the stand, the half time entertainment of watching the two sets of ‘ultras’ exchange pleasantries as they switch ends, and that’s not a euphemism it’s as friendly as anything. No trouble and none of this ‘have a go’ nonsense.

Completely different and with a great atmosphere.

Weirdly still the plod with their cameras recently though, what’s all that about?

Football not bad and has a City connection as the manager’s  grandad played for us back in the day, Wally Hinshelwood.

Archived