IGNORED

Netflix and Amazon Prime

Bristol Rob

31 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Looks like we are all going to have a bit of free time on our hands.

What do you recommend watching?

Moving away from the obvious* I really enjoyed Animal Kingdom on Prime, real no-brainer stuff but entertaining. I have to catch up with the latest eps of Homeland and Strike Back too. 

*Lovejoy, London's Burning, Minder etc obvs 

Other stuff

Netflix

The Marvel shows were pretty decent if you like comic book related stuff (daredevil and Punisher particularly)

Archer

Need to finish the last season of House of Cards and Shooter

Amazon 

Jack Ryan 

Parks & Rec

Man City: All or nothing is good if you haven't seen it yet, they have similar shows based on NFL teams and the all blacks

4 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

Narcos sounds like it might be up my street. 

It’s a great show. I was watching it thinking “this is a bit far fetched” but the most ridiculous stuff was actually true. Escobar‘s antics and the money he was making was utterly crazy.

• Like 2

Locke and Key on Netflix, based on the Joe Hill (Stephen King's soon) book.

I like the Picard series on Prime

The Marvellous Mrs Maisel is very funny and James May going around Japan was a nice mini series.

If you are into podcasts and horror, there is a great series on BBC Sounds. It's loosely based on HP Lovecraft stuff, but it interweaves real characters and events into the narrative and is set in contemporary times. The conceit is that they are running an investigative podcast called the Mystery Machine. The first season is called The Case of Charles Dexter Fletcher and the second season is called Whisperers in the Dark and I loved it.

• Thanks 1

17 hours ago, Port Said Red said:

Locke and Key on Netflix

Sooooo close to being a cracking series about our promotion winning right-back in 97/98 and the erstwhile Sky Sports presenter and the exploits of their unorthodox detective agency; They don't play by the traditional rules - but they get results 

• Like 2