IGNORED

Netflix and Amazon Prime

Bristol Rob

Currently near the end of season 2 of El Chapo. 
It’s good, as long as you can get over the terrible dubbing that doesn’t match the subtitles. 

Also currently on Better Call Saul. 
Highly recommended. 

Recently watched The Witcher. 
Very much enjoyed that and looking forward to series 2. 

50 minutes ago, Harry said:

Currently near the end of season 2 of El Chapo. 
It’s good, as long as you can get over the terrible dubbing that doesn’t match the subtitles. 

Also currently on Better Call Saul. 
Highly recommended. 

Recently watched The Witcher. 
Very much enjoyed that and looking forward to series 2. 

Enjoyed all of those.  Narcos and Narcos Mexico in the same vein.  Also I quite liked Queen of the South although it's a bit more of a soap opera.

14 hours ago, TheCulturalBomb said:

Narcos and Narcos Mexico, both Netflix Originals and fantastic.

The Man in the High Castle, great historical sci-fi. Amazon Prime.

It's Always Sunny in Philadelphia. Netflix, darker brilliant comedy.

Dark Tourist. Netflix original travel show.

I noticed the other day that Channel 4 Player, or whatever it is called, is putting up all the seasons of Seinfeld. Certainly an acquired taste, and not everyone will find it funny, but for me a great show.

• Like 3

18 hours ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

It is a TV series, although each one is watchable as a stand alone I suppose, try The Haunting of Hill House

Good film until the last 5 minutes. It felt like someone said, “that’s quite enough of that” and it stopped.  Sorry I was talking about the film not the series.

Edited by Port Said Red

On 18/03/2020 at 15:47, Port Said Red said:

I don't know what you have already seen but Ex-Machina is on Netflix. I also liked In the Shadow of the Moon and The Circle. 

Thanks, I haven't watched any of those. 

18 hours ago, kevinmabbuttshair said:

It is a TV series, although each one is watchable as a stand alone I suppose, try The Haunting of Hill House

Oh really? Each episode is stand alone? I do love that, I really like Black Mirror because no episodes are linked. All their own stories. 

7 hours ago, Atticus said:

Thanks, I haven't watched any of those. 

Oh really? Each episode is stand alone? I do love that, I really like Black Mirror because no episodes are linked. All their own stories. 

Just watch the episode called the broken neck lady then decide if you want to watch it all. There's an u derliying story through out but you just about watch it out of order

Stumbled across  ‘The English game’ on Netflix. Set in Victorian times, the late 1870s and is about the development of football as we know it and the class divide that played a huge factor in the early stages of football.

Its and easy watch. Not too demanding with a number of sub plots around the love lives of various real life characters plus the exploitation of the mill workers by the wealthy owners and the consequent cost.

So far I’ve watched 3 episodes and I’m enjoyed it so far......

On 19/03/2020 at 14:55, One Team In Keynsham said:

I noticed the other day that Channel 4 Player, or whatever it is called, is putting up all the seasons of Seinfeld. Certainly an acquired taste, and not everyone will find it funny, but for me a great show.

No way!? I started watching it on Amazon Prime a few months ago then it vanished. Might have to watch it ?

On 19/03/2020 at 14:55, One Team In Keynsham said:

Seinfeld is genius - probably the best sitcom ever and one of the best TV shows ever! :wub:

Buffy the Vampire Slayer and The X-Files are brilliant shows and definitely worth watching if anyone hasn’t seen them before.

Thought maybe it was time to bump this one now they are actually making new TV shows again!

Coming up...

The 6th and final season of The Expanse starts Dec 15 on Prime. Highly recommended, still time to binge through a few seasons and catch up.

Cowboy Beebop - Adapted from an Anime, follows a group of bounty hunters in space. Nov 19th Netflix

The Wheel of Time - High fantasy adaptation from a popular series of books, think The Witcher/LotR. Nov 19th. Prime

Watched recently...

Midnight Mass - horror from the same people that did the last couple of years 'Haunting' box sets. I liked it, not as good as the previous years efforts but decent. Already on Netflix.

Inside No.9 - BBC iPlayer, 6 seasons of some of the finest dark comedy ever written. Every episode is unique and brilliantly written and performed.