IGNORED

Netflix and Amazon Prime

Bristol Rob

26 minutes ago, phantom said:

Have you watched it?

Only reason I ask the reviews I have seen have all been awful

Only watched the first episode last night. 

Looks pretty similar to the first season to me. Not exactly going to win any awards but that's not really the point of it. Tells an interesting story in an entertaining manner for me.

• Thanks 1

I was given a 3 month trial to Apple TV and so have been working my way through stuff on there.

It's definitely not worth subscribing to, there's a lot less content than Netflix/Amazon.

Bit if you get a free trial then Ted Lasso, For All Mankind and Foundation are all worth a watch. And Long Way Up (Ewan McGregor on a motorcycle) is a good documentary.

1 hour ago, BS2 Red said:

I was given a 3 month trial to Apple TV and so have been working my way through stuff on there.

It's definitely not worth subscribing to, there's a lot less content than Netflix/Amazon.

Bit if you get a free trial then Ted Lasso, For All Mankind and Foundation are all worth a watch. And Long Way Up (Ewan McGregor on a motorcycle) is a good documentary.

Mythic Quest isn't too bad either. Nothing outstanding though I'll agree.

Have you watched it?

Only reason I ask the reviews I have seen have all been awful

Having now finished it I can say it got a lot better as it went on.

In many ways actually preferred it to the first season as there wasn't as much stupid-ness going on and it got into some serious issues. Some major twists and turns as well!

I won't say anything else in case you are planning to watch it.

• Thanks 1

Just watched Parasite on Amazon Prime. I believe that it's also on Channel 4 tonight.

Recommended by friends to her indoors. It's a Palme D'Or winning Korean film with English sub-titles, which would normally be enough for me to give it a wide berth.  Despite that I watched, thoroughly enjoyed it and recommend it - thoughtful and quite dark.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Admin
On 05/01/2022 at 10:53, LoyalRed said:

Not specific to Prime or Netflix but would recommend Four Lives with Stephen Merchant on BBC1, some really good acting and a true story - catch it all on IPlayer https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7428760/

Just watching this following your recommendation, very interesting programme. 

Unbelievable how these things happen 

• Like 1

• Admin
On 05/01/2022 at 10:53, LoyalRed said:

Not specific to Prime or Netflix but would recommend Four Lives with Stephen Merchant on BBC1, some really good acting and a true story - catch it all on IPlayer https://www.imdb.com/title/tt7428760/

Not sure if you saw this? 

Four Lives was filmed in 2019 and due to be on screen much sooner but ended up being delayed due to an inquest into the four deaths and how they were handled.

The inquest only ended last month and concluded with the jury ruling that failings by the Met Police contributed to the deaths of Port's final three victims. 

28 minutes ago, phantom said:

Not sure if you saw this? 

Four Lives was filmed in 2019 and due to be on screen much sooner but ended up being delayed due to an inquest into the four deaths and how they were handled.

The inquest only ended last month and concluded with the jury ruling that failings by the Met Police contributed to the deaths of Port's final three victims. 

No I hadn’t see that, I saw there was a documentary on how the police handled it last night which I have recorded as well.  

Recently got into watching the Sports Docus on Netflix, very well put together and focus on different individuals each episode - Break Point (tennis) was excellent and Full Swing (golf) I've just started and is also a good watch. I hear the reviews of the F1 version are even better... definitely recommend.