IGNORED

A rational time to discuss the merits of LJ

reddogkev

Without any games being played at the present, it seems like an opportune chance to consider Lee Johnson as City coach.

What is it now, four years as manager?  It's fair to say we're pretty consistent at challenging for the top six, and not far away from becoming a team who can chase the top two spots.

We all know Lee has been very well backed by the board and the owner, and has had the psychological benefit of job security.  Do you feel he's doing a good job and is he the man to continue taking City forwards?

Taking the last few years into consideration, I'd like to see him here for at least another 2 seasons, with the condition the team keeps pushing for the top six or higher.

What are your thoughts at the moment?

This should make for interesting reading as our minds have cooled and football passion has probably hit the back burner - it already seems like a life time ago City last played Fulham. 

34 minutes ago, reddogkev said:

Without any games being played at the present, it seems like an opportune chance to consider Lee Johnson as City coach.

What is it now, four years as manager?  It's fair to say we're pretty consistent at challenging for the top six, and not far away from becoming a team who can chase the top two spots.

We all know Lee has been very well backed by the board and the owner, and has had the psychological benefit of job security.  Do you feel he's doing a good job and is he the man to continue taking City forwards?

Taking the last few years into consideration, I'd like to see him here for at least another 2 seasons, with the condition the team keeps pushing for the top six or higher.

This should make for interesting reading as our minds have cooled and football passion has probably hit the back burner - it already seems like a life time ago City last played Fulham. 

I think he has reached his peak with us and would like us to bring in a fresh dynamic in the summer, even if we go up , although that would seem very harsh . 

I like the bloke and appreciate all that he has done , and been through , at the club .

I believe he will go on to have a sterling career having learned enormously with us.

I feel SL took him on too soon in his career.

14 hours ago, Major Isewater said:

I think he has reached his peak with us and would like us to bring in a fresh dynamic in the summer, even if we go up , although that would seem very harsh . 

I like the bloke and appreciate all that he has done , and been through , at the club .

I believe he will go on to have a sterling career having learned enormously with us.

I feel SL took him on too soon in his career.

You've echoed exactly what I thought, and no many other fans, prior to our previous 2 games.  I was impressed with our result and performance against Fulham, and even though it is nonsense to suggest two games should change your mind, it reminded me what we are capable of under LJ.

If he can find a way to keep City playing at a high standard at home, and stop changing 3 or 4 players every game, he's not far off getting City promoted. I'd like to see if he can improve with us and take us up a league.

15 hours ago, reddogkev said:

With respect Kev, this has been absolutely done to death on here. I think people are grateful for a bit of a break from the same debate with people on both sides making the same points. 

1 hour ago, reddogkev said:

You've echoed exactly what I thought, and no many other fans, prior to our previous 2 games.  I was impressed with our result and performance against Fulham, and even though it is nonsense to suggest two games should change your mind, it reminded me what we are capable of under LJ.

If he can find a way to keep City playing at a high standard at home, and stop changing 3 or 4 players every game, he's not far off getting City promoted. I'd like to see if he can improve with us and take us up a league.

He has taken us as far as he ever will. Four years is enough. We need fresh ideas from our coaches, otherwise we will at best stagnate. More likely is that if we do not change. the slide wil be inevitable.

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

With respect Kev, this has been absolutely done to death on here. I think people are grateful for a bit of a break from the same debate with people on both sides making the same points. 

Yep totally agree, just wondered if the responses might be different or a little less impassioned during this forced break.  As soon as the season starts again and City lose a game or two, I'm sure the usual hyper-critical threads will appear denouncing the man.  Hope I'm wrong and City don't lose a game or two!

6 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

ha, the silver lining of a global catastrophe! 

In all honesty, it's actually really refreshing to think about LJ for the first time in over a week! 

On the topic itself, having wavered a couple of times this season, I would have liked to have seen how this season would have ultimately panned out were it not for recent developments - on the assumption it is cancelled or reformatted in some way, I think he does deserve a final shot with us. Just as a situation like this is an awful way for one of us to lose a job (and many of us will), the same rules apply to whatever field of employment you're in - football management included.   

Have to say LJ is not part of my thoughts at the moment, just saw a twitter post about a blind shopper having loo roll taken from her in a supermarket!
Personally covid-19 is more important at the moment, can’t do anything about it, wife works in a shop and told she must go to work, I have CHD and COPD so if I get the virus I won’t see another season if she brings it home!

He's a marmite manager.

He seems to be consistent: starts well, around Christmas his team seems to take a dip (the only thing I can think of is, he hands out shit Christmas presents) and then it's a bit of pot luck for the rest of the season.

I want him to do well but he's got to hurry up and do it because he's divisive.

2 hours ago, dave36 said:

Have to say LJ is not part of my thoughts at the moment, just saw a twitter post about a blind shopper having loo roll taken from her in a supermarket!
Personally covid-19 is more important at the moment, can’t do anything about it, wife works in a shop and told she must go to work, I have CHD and COPD so if I get the virus I won’t see another season if she brings it home!

Fella, I feel for you  - take care as best you can.

11 hours ago, dave36 said:

Take care mate, strange times but do all you can to self isolate, bloke in caravan ( static home not holiday !) next to me is oxygen dependant and his missus still has to work in a shop................bonkers !

Archived